Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 12:56   #646
BHPian

Finally....(a big finally at that)... saw the first linea at kapasheda border (delhi-haryana border)...
but the poor thing was all covered up in mud... so not a very good sight. :(
Old 20th March 2009, 13:06   #647
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhim23 View Post
Let us know when you get the details back and I believe you are talking about the diesel. The diesel Linea anyway has quite good torque so I guess it will make for a very very good expenditure........now I am seriously thinking of buying the Linea diesel.
If anyone of TBHPians Pete the Linea, post the results.

What is Pete?
Pardon me for my ignorance.

Old 20th March 2009, 13:24   #648
BANNED

Well, its missing here too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

For Pete, check out this: Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
What is Pete?
Old 20th March 2009, 18:29   #649
BHPian

Linea Petrol TD

Friends,
I currently own a swift Zxi and TD Linea petrol this thursday. I spent lot of time going through this thread and i had my own apprehension towards the car pickup.
1) Though it doesnt match with the instant response compared to my Swift, I must say that pickup is not that bad. If you are 'no rush' driver who drives with cool head .., then you will not have any problem with Linea's performance.
2) A Pillar is thick and block your vision to a greater extent. You typically have to leab to your right and check before taking a right turn.
3) Though it is not Amearian, I dont understand why they changed the turn indicator swith position.
4) Height adjustment and recline lever platics are of poor quality. You can feel it when you hold the lever.
5) i must admit that i was impressed with the noise level inside. When i say noise level i meant the rattling noises, its absolutely calm inside. Not sure if that is because the car has run only 1400 Kms.
6) Engine noise penetrates through the cabin.. but with AC&Music on you will not feel the engine noise.
7) Not all teh doors are closing with the good thud sound. Some doors make tin sheet noise when closed.
8) Middle seats position back support in the back seat is very hard and i think you will not have a pleasant ride if you are pushing your Linea for a long drive.
9) Steering doesnt give me that butter feel i get out of my Swift. I need to use both the hands when i take a U Turn.
10) One thing that i noticed when i remove my feet off the accelarator the speed dips fast. The engive rev is not maintained.

Not all cars available in the market are perfect. We do make some compromise and live with our car.

I feel that Linea is a good car in terms of build quality and drive dynamics. The only thing that concerns me if the engine power and TATA.
Old 22nd March 2009, 13:56   #650

got delivery of my linea diesel emotion pack in black colour yesterday !!
I have to admit I am impressed . Yes no doubt some of the plastics like the seat levers etc. feel flimsy but on road it manages to put a big smile on your face ! Audio is poor though it is by blaupunkt. The one in my siena was much better. Fiat has compromised on a lot of small items which I feel should hve been included in the top most model - like the ORVM's do not fold electronically, no parking aid inspite of the view in the mirror being poor. Will post my experience after driving a couple of days more ! Cheers !
Old 22nd March 2009, 14:39   #651
BANNED

First of all thanks to all t-bhpians who indirectly helped me (in last 2 months) reaching decision on the new sedan I’m buying. My TD experience on SX4, Verna, ANHC & Linea are as below

SX4 - Maruti tag, network, service, features, Resale are strong points. However, during the drive, I did not found ride quality or drive a pleasure. Somehow It feels heavy as compared to others & does not give a feel of finness of verna/city/linea. A-pillar is an obstacle while turning the car. Only 2 persons can sit on rear seat as the middle portion is popped up & does not have headrest. It has almost all features as other cars have (& some more also) except Linea.

Verna - The best ride quality among these 4 cars. Power is very good. Even in 5th gear, it climbs mumbai’s overbridge easily without giving any feel of engine underpower. However, the design/ looks does not excite me. Neither it has airbags which are common now in all such cars

ANHC - Good, Reliabile, Good Resale are strong points. However, its kinda monotonous & does not give excite

Fiat Linea - Engine though some reviews suggest as underpowered, I did not feel it & it looks alright though not as powerful as verna during ride. Features are mindblowing, Blue n me, Rear AC Vents, “my car” are exclusive to this car only. Nicely styled with a very good shape in the front with grill.

I had almost made up my mind when I first saw her. Was held back only because of concerns on Fiat reputation in India, After-sales service, dealer network etc. Did extensive digging – explored thro’ t-bhp threads for 2 months, spoke to people, visited dealership & service station, wrote to Rajiv Kapoor - & then finally booked Linea Emotion Pack Petrol Flamenco Red. Shall get the delivery in Apr first week & shall post ownership experience then.
Old 23rd March 2009, 00:39   #652
BANNED

Linea Petrol vs Diesel calculations

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Hi! I took the TD of petrol linea 3 times in last week here in Ahmedabad. The in built trip meter showed 11.7/12.3/11.3 average on these 3 occasions. I have already ordered a black E+ diesel and after thoroughly calculating my costing for finance etc. The price difference between a petrol and diesel E+ in Ahmedabad is about Rs. 1 lakh. I just continued with my choice to go for a diesel one as per following calculation.
My average monthly run is about 1200 Kms in pure city driving conditions.
So,
Petrol - 1200/12=100 litres of petrol*Rs.43.77=Rs.4377/month
Diesel - 1200/15=60 litres of diesel*Rs.35.40=Rs.2832/month
Difference is Rs.1545/month
Now, my finance is at 11% reducing, which turns out to be Rs2174/lakh/month for 60 months. So just at Rs.650 more I am going for the time tested MJD engine which is going to attract higher resale price also in future. And consider this - This is just for 1200 Kms/month. Anything more is going to save more!
So, that's simple calculation to go for diesel E+ in my case!
Well, I've booked Emotion Pack Petrol & My calculations are as under for monthly usage of 1700 km:

Petrol: 1700 km/11 FE = 154 litres * Rs. 44.55 = Rs. 6885/month
Diesel: 1700 km/14 FE = 121 litres * Rs. 36.80 = Rs. 4469/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2416/month

Against this saving, diesel car price is higher by 1.20 Lacs. After 4 yrs this addl "investment" of 1.20 Lacs will become 1.75 Lacs @ 10% compunded interest. To cover this cost of 1.75 Lacs, it would have taken 72 months (Rs. 1.75 Lacs/ Rs. 2416 per month saving) to breakeven i.e. I would have covered addl cost of diesel engine in 6 years (& we've taken interest on 1.20 lacs only for 4 yrs, further 2 yrs interest means breakeven will be more than 6 years after). After 6 yrs in all probability, I would change the car anyways so why not to enjoy Petrol ride?
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:07   #653
capri_cap

Speedometer removed from test drive linea

I just test drove the linea diesel at this dealer:
The Fortune Cars
Wagle Estate,
Thane
Maharashtra

After a kilometer of driving I noticed that speedometer is not working, when asked the dealer representative told that they had removed the speedometer.

On further enquiring he said that would be selling this car and are currently using it as a TD car.

He stated that they would give this car to someone who wants urgent delivery and would informed the customer about the car's history.

When I told the represntative that , you could sell it to anyone, even me, how do I trust them.

He just said that I am TD the emotion, but I would going for emotion pack so atleast I would not be getting it.

This was not something expected and it is comletely unethical.

Imagine the plight of the custmer who lands up with this car.

What should be done in this case?

This is enough to spoil fiat's leftover reputation if any.

Old 23rd March 2009, 12:39   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Well, I've booked Emotion Pack Petrol & My calculations are as under for monthly usage of 1700 km:

Diesel: 1700 km/14 FE = 121 litres * Rs. 36.80 = Rs. 4469/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2416/month

Against this saving, diesel car price is higher by 1.20 Lacs. After 4 yrs this addl "investment" of 1.20 Lacs will become 1.75 Lacs @ 10% compunded interest. To cover this cost of 1.75 Lacs, it would have taken 72 months (Rs. 1.75 Lacs/ Rs. 2416 per month saving) to breakeven i.e. I would have covered addl cost of diesel engine in 6 years (& we've taken interest on 1.20 lacs only for 4 yrs, further 2 yrs interest means breakeven will be more than 6 years after). After 6 yrs in all probability, I would change the car anyways so why not to enjoy Petrol ride?
The diesel price that you have mentioned is wrong. Its 34.45 Rs for a ltr of diesel. And if you have mentioned the price of some premium or extramile or whatever the name of the diesel be its not recommended by Fiat. Also i guess the price of the petrol that you have mentioned is of normal petrol. So your comparision calculations changes a bit.
And i drive my diesel linea in city with AC on for all run and get an FE of 15 and on my highway trip i get an FE of 19 + again with AC on and the highway was not that great to drive. I had to constantly change gears. So given a better highway I am sure FE would increase at least by 1 kmpl.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:34   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapre View Post
got delivery of my linea diesel emotion pack in black colour yesterday !!
I have to admit I am impressed . Yes no doubt some of the plastics like the seat levers etc. feel flimsy but on road it manages to put a big smile on your face ! Audio is poor though it is by blaupunkt. The one in my siena was much better. Fiat has compromised on a lot of small items which I feel should hve been included in the top most model - like the ORVM's do not fold electronically, no parking aid inspite of the view in the mirror being poor. Will post my experience after driving a couple of days more ! Cheers !
Congrats. How long was the waiting period? I booked the same model in Pune and the dealer and Fiat have been giving me the run around for 2 months now :(!!

Thank you.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:04   #656
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
The diesel price that you have mentioned is wrong. Its 34.45 Rs for a ltr of diesel. And if you have mentioned the price of some premium or extramile or whatever the name of the diesel be its not recommended by Fiat. Also i guess the price of the petrol that you have mentioned is of normal petrol. So your comparision calculations changes a bit.
And i drive my diesel linea in city with AC on for all run and get an FE of 15 and on my highway trip i get an FE of 19 + again with AC on and the highway was not that great to drive. I had to constantly change gears. So given a better highway I am sure FE would increase at least by 1 kmpl.
OK, Prash. Taking 34.45 per litre for diesel, it comes to Rs. 2716/month. I've taken conservative kmpl for both Petrol & Diesel considering Mumbai traffic (1 kmpl less in both cases making it even)
Diesel: 1700 km/14 FE = 121 litres * Rs. 34.45 = Rs. 4168/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2716/month savings

Rs. 1.75 Lacs / Rs. 2716 = 64 months = 5 yrs 4 months....still that's too long to breakeven & by the time I would change my car

Even if we give diesel a leeway say @ 15 kmpl FE & keep Petrol FE at 11 kmpl only, it works out to 5 years...

Diesel: 1700 km/15 FE = 113 litres * Rs. 34.45 = Rs. 3904/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2980/month savings

Rs. 1.75 Lacs / Rs. 2980 = 59 months = 5 yrs -- still too long
Old 23rd March 2009, 19:30   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
OK,
Even if we give diesel a leeway say @ 15 kmpl FE & keep Petrol FE at 11 kmpl only, it works out to 5 years...

Diesel: 1700 km/15 FE = 113 litres * Rs. 34.45 = Rs. 3904/month

i.e. difference of Rs. 2980/month savings

Rs. 1.75 Lacs / Rs. 2980 = 59 months = 5 yrs -- still too long
I came to the same conclusion when I went for the Fiesta Sport.
If that calc had favoured Diesel. It would be the Verna CRDI that I would have picked up. Every time I see the Fuel bill it hurts a bit but then the higher EMI on the Diesel would have been a longer and constant outgo.

I had pegged a 800 KM a month calc, ended up driving 4500 KM in three months but petrol for less than 1500 KM a month argument still holds good.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:20   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post

I had pegged a 800 KM a month calc, ended up driving 4500 KM in three months but petrol for less than 1500 KM a month argument still holds good.
I guess it is the intitial enthsiasm. It will die down in a few months, and your average usage will fall. However, owning a Fiesta 1.6, I do agree that it is tough to stay away from the car and not to 'steponit'.
Old 23rd March 2009, 21:36   #659
BHPian

Beat's me

I have seen this on a Petrol, but why diesel when they have dedicated cars for TD. Beats me, I think dealers are thinking they have won the battle, thats only half the story.

Being a Linea owner its a nightmare even to think of such propects .

I think one of this day this whole fiasco is going to blow in Fiat exec faces or stop once there are more cars on the road(wishful thinking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
After a kilometer of driving I noticed that speedometer is not working, when asked the dealer representative told that they had removed the speedometer.

On further enquiring he said that would be selling this car and are currently using it as a TD car.

He stated that they would give this car to someone who wants urgent delivery and would informed the customer about the car's history.

Last edited by downsouth : 23rd March 2009 at 21:45.
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:26   #660
SSN
BHPian

White Linea

Hi All,

Heard that the Linea is now available in Vocal White colour. Could somebody please confirm?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks