Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 20:19   #496
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
So if someone actually likes it and heaps praises on it, its Hype?
When the praise is undeserved- I would say yes. It is hype.
It is an ordinary car with very dedicated fan following.

Quote:
So I go out and buy an overpriced diesel saloon just because its faster. Unfortunately to me a car is some of all its parts and not just the engine.
Actually, the engine is quite good.
It doesnt suit the car, that's all. It is undoubtedly one of the best engines ever made in that size in a diesel.
Oh, and I think the gearing was too tall.

Quote:
Why do you have problems accepting that someone else finds the performance adequate? It will be an endless argument with you tryin to justify that its slow coz you feel it is slow and those who didnt found it slow. So let be it why label them as fanatic or whatever.
I have no problems accepting that some people find the performance adequate.
but, when a car accelerates poorly, handles average, and brakes well- the verdict should be "Average" at the most or "Poor" if judged harshly

On this thread, people have been "blown away", "floored",and some have even"fallen in love"

There was one reviewer who even went on to justify the poor acceleration by saying that it made him feel safe.

Please note- this discussion still centres on how average the car is.
We have not really added Fiat's after sales into the mix.
Once that is done, this car begins to look even less attractive.

Simple question
Is this car Brilliant? If you think so, Why?
Please dont say "Blue and Me" or "tank like build" or "feel"

I wont be posting any more on this thread, even though it has been quite entertaining. A looooooot more entertaining than actually driving this car.
I have said what I wanted to say, and will not be harassing the fiat fans anymore(on this thread)

Old 24th February 2009, 20:29   #497
Senior - BHPian

Super post there by supremeBaleno!

IMO, the T-FAL (Tata-Fiat Auto Ltd) marriage will probably not last for long.
Destiny is a strange thing! It was the Doshi fia(t)sco earlier and now it is T-FAL!
Fiat do make very good cars and have due market share in Europe. They seem very wanting in choosing partners!

Indeed, as supremeBaleno said, it will be interesting to see what fate now has in store for Fait, err.. Fiat!

If anyone is taking wagers, I'd say failure. Here on the sub-continent. Fiat Accompli!

Disclaimer: Kindly excuse, this is a completely personal opinion!
Old 24th February 2009, 20:31   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
When the praise is undeserved- I would say yes. It is hype.
It is an ordinary car with very dedicated fan following.

Actually, the engine is quite good.
It doesnt suit the car, that's all. It is undoubtedly one of the best engines ever made in that size in a diesel.
Oh, and I think the gearing was too tall.

I have no problems accepting that some people find the performance adequate.
but, when a car accelerates poorly, handles average, and brakes well- the verdict should be "Average" at the most or "Poor" if judged harshly

On this thread, people have been "blown away", "floored",and some have even"fallen in love"

There was one reviewer who even went on to justify the poor acceleration by saying that it made him feel safe.

Please note- this discussion still centres on how average the car is.
We have not really added Fiat's after sales into the mix.
Once that is done, this car begins to look even less attractive.

Simple question
Is this car Brilliant? If you think so, Why?
Please dont say "Blue and Me" or "tank like build" or "feel"

I wont be posting any more on this thread, even though it has been quite entertaining. A looooooot more entertaining than actually driving this car.
I have said what I wanted to say, and will not be harassing the fiat fans anymore(on this thread)
Ahem! So you really think that people will put their case forward for you to judge and then consider?
Let everyone judge for themselves and those who find it good enough will buy it no matter what you and me say.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:33   #499
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
one more Fiat mafia gang member, ah so many of them here
Fiats are fun, anything Italian usually is Just look at the 500, drool city all the way !!

If its petrol go for the City, if its diesel Linea is my choice
Old 24th February 2009, 20:35   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are others on the forum too with their 2 tonne liability with most of it changed under warranty bashing certain stinger everytime they see an oppurtunity.
And why not? Fanboys of every vehicle should be given the same treatment, if you ask me. Including fanboys of the 2-ton 'liability' or its competitor.

This forum should give a fair and unbiased view of every vehicle including its weaknesses. It shouldnt end up as a place for people to trumpet their respective choices in public while discussing their problems on closed yahoo groups - I think we all know very well which the two most visited Yahoo groups are. The problems are all there, the praises are all on TBHP.

Now that is what makes people who visit the forum think its just another fanboy club. Which it isnt - the majority on the forum are unbiased lovers of all things automotive. Not blind worshippers of specific brands. Unfortunately it is the same bunch of usual suspects who jump on any person that posts an unbiased view on such threads - the Linea thread and the Xylo thread make this very clear. It isnt even the owners of these vehicles (LInea or the Xylo) who are frothing in the mouth - its anyone who owns any vehicle of that brand!

It had almost become against the law to point out any flaw in these vehicles - now that is not good for ANY of us.

I'm quite disappointed that the quote above is all that you could come up with in the end, though - the barrel must be quite empty. I would therefore sit out of this one like Louis (and several others here) so that the evagelists may continue preaching uninterrupted.

Last edited by Steeroid : 24th February 2009 at 20:53.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:37   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Super post there by supremeBaleno!

IMO, the T-FAL (Tata-Fiat Auto Ltd) marriage will probably not last for long.
Destiny is a strange thing! It was the Doshi fia(t)sco earlier and now it is T-FAL!
Fiat do make very good cars and have due market share in Europe. They seem very wanting in choosing partners!

Indeed, as supremeBaleno said, it will be interesting to see what fate now has in store for Fait, err.. Fiat!

If anyone is taking wagers, I'd say failure. Here on the sub-continent. Fiat Accompli!

Disclaimer: Kindly excuse, this is a completely personal opinion!
I disgaree here. The partnership has gone beyond just the Indian market. There were report which said that Fiat will use Jaguar's rear wheel drive architecture and Land Rovers 4X4 might in some of their cars and future SUV's. The reports even said that Fiat will market Tata Xenon in the Brazilian market badged as a 'Fiat'. Ratan Tata is already on the board on the company.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:44   #502
BHPian

Please delete this post.

Last edited by pmbabu : 24th February 2009 at 20:56. Reason: Unnecessary!
Old 24th February 2009, 20:52   #503
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. So the mudslinging continues. No denial the car is underpowered. Everyone knows it and everyone accepts it. To some drive is a pleasure like my cousin, to me its a bit sluggish. Every car has pros and cons. Be it City,Accord,Sonata,Civic,Magnum,Corolla,Fiesta,Sx4 and so on. Linea is not an exception to that rule. Its better to respect the choices of people who like and dislike it and move on.
Old 24th February 2009, 21:01   #504
BHPian

chill out guys...looks like a "dharam-yuddha"

i do 70kms of driving daily in NCR ( Mayur vihar to ggn & back) - i haven't seen even a single Linea - while i have started seeing the NHC on quite a regular basis - is the Linea selling or is it just fiat fanboy club hype as to the next big hope..
Old 24th February 2009, 21:08   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disgaree here.
You're welcome, but my statement was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Old 24th February 2009, 21:13   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
And why not? Fanboys of every vehicle should be given the same treatment, if you ask me. Including fanboys of the 2-ton 'liability' or its competitor.
I am all for it but then I would really like to know whats your defination of a fanboy... anyone who likes Fiat and loves a scorpio?

Quote:
This forum should give a fair and unbiased view of every vehicle including its weaknesses. It shouldnt end up as a place for people to trumpet their respective choices in public while discussing their problems on closed yahoo groups - I think we all know very well which the two most visited Yahoo groups are. The problems are all there, the praises are all on TBHP.
Isnt that a sweeping genralization? Is that what we should expect from a distinguished member? And if this is what you think, can you also give us a reason why this is happening with every Fiat owner on the forum? Again isnt it convenient?
Old 24th February 2009, 21:19   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problems are all there, the praises are all on TBHP.
You, Sir, are indulging in wishful thinking.
Ah, but then, surely you know full well what you wrote!

I'll grant that the brand dear to you is fantastic and I'd also love to own one!.............................................. ...provided it works when I want it to and not when it decides to!
Old 24th February 2009, 21:20   #508
BHPian

Wish we fought tooth and nail like we are now for the 'Environment', atleast it would be towards a more constructive and responsible cause.
Quite SAD though !
Old 24th February 2009, 21:21   #509
BHPian

Just my thoughts on the debate going on in this thread. This is to both sides, those defending & those who are being so aggresively bashing the Brand.

"Please keep in mind that it is not only YOUR opinion that counts. So, someone might like a particular car or a brand & you may not. Big deal...Accept it & move on!!!

For Example: I may like Hyundai Cars, whereas others may absolutely despise them. It's OK. Im fine with that. It is a personal choice which is not harming anyone else, nor is anyone else gaining anything from it."

So i request members to shut this debate & let this thread continue to be one that gives valuable info & insights to the Linea.

The suggestion given by psp62in in post 495 is a very good idea IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Nearly 500 posts on this thread so far, and last 60 or so have very little to say about the test drive. At one point I thought i was wasting my time trying to look for some real useful information.
Mods, I think time has come to split this thread into three:
a) Linea -diesel test and comparison with others
b)Linea -petrol test and comparison with others
c) All other love-hate discussion about FIAT, and you can have hundreds of posts in that.
Please consider

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th February 2009 at 21:36. Reason: Added a Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 23:04   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Sukrit you got it completely off the hook.
Meaning of a normal person in a driving term- who is a general car driver whose main purpose is to go from point A to point B in a comfortable and easy way.
the other one is not called abnormal but an enthusiast(which most of us here are including me) - who prefers a good pickup,torque and lots of driving pleasure.
So 0-100 figures are baseless for a normal person like say my Dad who doesnt cares about the torques and bhps. And around 90% car driving people are like that.
Hope my point is much clear now.
Sorry for the OT.
Cheers!
Don't worry, i never took ur comment seriously, i was just in a wicked mood. I've noticed my questions have created quite a few heated arguements. haha. sadist i am.
Coming back, someone asked me to do a test drive of the petrol, i have board exams in 8 days now, i'm still going to try n take out an hour, i don't believe i can study the whole day anyway. After intensive googling i got a timing of 13.2 which doesn't seem inaccurate, of course nothing better than a test which i will try my level best to go. Goodbye.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks