Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 11:39   #616
Senior - BHPian

@diabloo, maybe Linea could displace the Logans.

But Linea taking the wind out of Innova ? Both are entirely different vehicles. If at all someone can take on Innova, it would be the Xylo, not the Linea.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:57   #617
BHPian

150 kms drive

Had been with friends to Bhagat Tarachand (Bhiwandi) from Mumbai just for a dinner there. Its 72 kms and the total 150 kms drive was just amazing. I had the 1st experience of driving my Linea on a proper highway. I felt no power loss at any point of time. Be it just simple cruising or overtaking. As and when the peddal was pressed the Linea could overtake any obstacle with ease. I was keeping the rev between 1000 and 3000 rpm. Never did I press the diesel pedal hard. I got an FE of 20.7 kmpl. That was on the multi display. So i guess in real world i must have got about 20 kmpl (can say this from my previous refill from tank full to tank full as compared with the multi display), and that too i drove from my home (Tardeo) till the Chembur junction with neck to neck traffic and AC on. It was 8.30 pm and there is lot of construction work going on till sion. While in return (that is 72-74 kms) I had kept the AC off. We were 3 in total.
The braking is just too good along with the handling part. The ride very stable and smooth.
I just wish the sound system could be better. Any suggestions what I can do to improve the quality of sound. Adding an amplifier and woofer would void the warranty. Please suggest.
Old 6th March 2009, 14:12   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
I just wish the sound system could be better. Any suggestions what I can do to improve the quality of sound. Adding an amplifier and woofer would void the warranty. Please suggest.
As a first step, simply upgrade the speakers! It is always the speakers that are the weakest link in the chain.
Old 6th March 2009, 16:26   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
As a first step, simply upgrade the speakers! It is always the speakers that are the weakest link in the chain.
thanx. i will try finding good ones
Old 6th March 2009, 17:17   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
You guys just echoed my thoughts. Please see my post below:
Sorry for being off-topic:

Sorry that place belongs to Honda it will work better then Logan taxi Since Hondas are known for reliability, Honda Taxi is very good option for them it will serve them for years and years without even a need to replace a nut.

Last edited by FERRO : 6th March 2009 at 17:19.
Old 7th March 2009, 10:53   #621
BHPian

Linea can never take on the Innova, when I was at the Concorde service, the day before I could make out a couple of guys from a rental company having a discussion with the service manager before my car was attended to. I might not be too long I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@diabloo, maybe Linea could displace the Logans.
But Linea taking the wind out of Innova ? Both are entirely different vehicles. If at all someone can take on Innova, it would be the Xylo, not the Linea.
Wow, those are really good numbers. even for an average of 19km/ltr it is excellent. If you want to upgrade the speakers please get it done at the dealership, your warranty will still be valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Had been with friends to Bhagat Tarachand (Bhiwandi) from Mumbai just for a dinner there. Its 72 kms and the total 150 kms drive was just amazing. I had the 1st experience of driving my Linea on a proper highway. I felt no power loss at any point of time. Be it just simple cruising or overtaking. As and when the peddal was pressed the Linea could overtake any obstacle with ease. I was keeping the rev between 1000 and 3000 rpm. Never did I press the diesel pedal hard. I got an FE of 20.7 kmpl. That was on the multi display. So i guess in real world i must have got about 20 kmpl (can say this from my previous refill from tank full to tank full as compared with the multi display), and that too i drove from my home (Tardeo) till the Chembur junction with neck to neck traffic and AC on. It was 8.30 pm and there is lot of construction work going on till sion. While in return (that is 72-74 kms) I had kept the AC off. We were 3 in total.
The braking is just too good along with the handling part. The ride very stable and smooth.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:34   #622
BHPian

Can someone who has done TD of both diesel & petrol versions, share the experience & elaborate the difference?
Old 8th March 2009, 18:14   #623

Linea

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Another Linea sighting today morning at Gemini flyover. It was that gold color - champagne something. And this time it was an individual registered car.

The rear seems to remind me of some car I came across in the U.S., though I can't remember which one.
The rear looks like Ford Cougar i guess. I drove one in UK.
Old 9th March 2009, 08:46   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Can someone who has done TD of both diesel & petrol versions, share the experience & elaborate the difference?
Check out the review by roms. He did a TD of both.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:00   #625
Senior - BHPian

The rear tail lamps are exact copy of prev gen Sonata (Sonata Gold I think it was called). Now its the europeans that are copying the Koreans!!!

Here is the pic of the same.

In person the rear lamps look indistinguishably the same!!!

And Here is Linea's rear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur_J View Post
The rear looks like Ford Cougar i guess. I drove one in UK.

Last edited by joslicx : 9th March 2009 at 13:02.
Old 9th March 2009, 13:26   #626
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Linea deliveries are on in full steam after the initial hiccups.

Saw a user-registered black Linea on my way to work today.

And another gold colored one last Friday - it had a ribbon on the bonnet which would seem to indicate a customer-delivery, but it also had the testdrive stickers along the sides which was odd.
Old 9th March 2009, 14:10   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
The rear tail lamps are exact copy of prev gen Sonata (Sonata Gold I think it was called). Now its the europeans that are copying the Koreans!!!
Good joke!

Ask Hyundai from where they copied the Sonata design?
Old 9th March 2009, 15:42   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
The facts,

1. The tail lamps are not an exact copy, the Sonata had 2 lamps, but Linea has 3 lamps, with an additional rear fog lamp.
2. The Sonata looks similar to a Jaguar, which BTW is a British Marquee.
Old 9th March 2009, 23:22   #629
BHPian

one more Linea Petrol - Booked

I finally booked the "Linea Petrol Emotion pack Red" today at Autofin Secunderabad. Will probably get delivery by April 1st week.

Background: Had been on the lookout to buy a sedan in the 8-9L range since last June. Saw and read about the Linea first time @ team-bhp and I was smitten by its looks and features. Had been waiting for it ever since.
Initially considered diesels, but somehow was only comfortable with the driving dynamics of petrols only. Also my daily commute is only 25km.

I was basically looking for a Family sedan, that was spacious, decent power, all latest features and VFM. Linea satisfied all these for me.

My thoughts on Linea (P):
+ Undoubtedly the best suspension / ride & Handling. Absorbs bad roads really well.
+ Most roomy car in the segment (back seat shoulder space and overall legroom). Its less when compared to its D-segment dimensions. But hey, it beats all the competitors in C (which is where its targeted).
+ Adequate pickup (I drive in peak traffic everyday so not much hungry for horses). The pickup increases tremendously as soon as u cross 2000rpm, kind of like diesel turbo. Dunno why.
+ Features - Automatic climate control, Rear-seat AC, Alloys, ABS, Airbags, Blue n Me, USB & MP3 Music player .......... droooooool. No upgrades reqd.
+ Pricing - A big, fully-loaded sedan at cheap price. who wouldn't want it.
- Engine seemed a bit coarse. I could hear engine sound in the cabin. (I test drove a dynamic, don't know if its any better insulated in emotion)
- Pickup can be better (but that would also mean less mileage)
- Uncomfortable Driving position. Needs getting used to I guess.

The Competition:
Also Test drove following, but left them for following perceptions (mine):
Fiesta: Awesome driving position but the crampiest of cars.
ANHC: Too expensive and under-featured.
SX4: Coarse engine. Back seat was a joke. Also bad FE.
Verna: Unsteady, Uncomfortable & Under-featured.
Old 10th March 2009, 09:51   #630
BHPian

Alright Neo,

Congrats man, one more Linea petrol in Hyd, like you posted at ntranced thread, we are still a minority . But we will get there slow and steady, Infact I saw another Linea MJ on Friday evening at Cinemax.

Let me know how everything goes..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks