Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:09   #931
BHPian

Re: The Fiat Linea test drive thread

Well this is my first diesel car (Used to drive an Accent for 3 years), but the drive is mix of city & highway in Mumbai, where in morning I get open & empty roads (7.30AM) and take 40 - 45 minutes to reach my office which is 28 - 30 km away, where as in evening it takes me 2 - 3 hours to cover the same distance back.

The temperature is set to 21 in ACC.

Here I face certain issues with ACC, (Again my first ACC). At times with 28 as outside temp (shown in multifunction display) & 21 set as inside, I feel a good cool flow sometimes and sometimes it just appears like only blower is on (Though its not uncomfortable, but no cooool blow, just a feel of sitting in an AC environment like you feel in some malls).

In manual AC I always had my vent with internal circulation, but here as the car starts it switches to full auto with external air intake & then when I start feeling no cool flow I turn the internal circulation on but even after 15 minutes there is no cool flow, if I reduce the temp by 2 degrees i.e. now its at 19 or 20 then the cool flow is back, but with external ventilation, it disappears again after some time sometimes.

Last edited by Modifiedsachin : 23rd July 2012 at 09:11.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:31   #932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post

The temperature is set to 21 in ACC.

Here I face certain issues with ACC, (Again my first ACC). At times with 28 as outside temp (shown in multifunction display) & 21 set as inside, I feel a good cool flow sometimes and sometimes it just appears like only blower is on (Though its not uncomfortable, but no cooool blow, just a feel of sitting in an AC environment like you feel in some malls).
The ACC sets the cabin temperature to the number you chose. Once the cabin temperature is cooled to that set temperature, it will switch off the cooling for some time to maintain it there. This is because continuous circulation of cool air even beyond 21 will reduce temperature further.

After it stops cool air at 21 degrees, again if the temperature goes up to 22-23, it will sense the temperature is not 21 and again start the cool-air flow. This is absolutely normal in ACC.

Quote:
In manual AC I always had my vent with internal circulation, but here as the car starts it switches to full auto with external air intake & then when I start feeling no cool flow I turn the internal circulation on but even after 15 minutes there is no cool flow, if I reduce the temp by 2 degrees i.e. now its at 19 or 20 then the cool flow is back, but with external ventilation, it disappears again after some time sometimes.
In manual AC, they were hard switches. Here since it is computer controlled, it gets reset to external circulation mode everytime you switch off/on the engine. The ACC is actually maintaining the temperature, hence the switch off/on of the cool flow. Thermostat behaviour. It is doing the job properly.

Tip - If you want continuous, uninterrupted cool air flow like your manual AC, simply reduce the temperature below 18-17-16 and it will show "LO". This will simply blast cool air at the blower speed that you set it to. Same thing can be followed for hot air in extreme cold weather also. Increase it beyond 32 and it will display "HI" if you want uninterrupted hot air.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd July 2012 at 11:33.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 14:04   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The ACC sets the cabin temperature to the number you chose. Once the cabin temperature is cooled to that set temperature, it will switch off the cooling for some time to maintain it there. This is because continuous circulation of cool air even beyond 21 will reduce temperature further.

After it stops cool air at 21 degrees, again if the temperature goes up to 22-23, it will sense the temperature is not 21 and again start the cool-air flow. This is absolutely normal in ACC.

In manual AC, they were hard switches. Here since it is computer controlled, it gets reset to external circulation mode everytime you switch off/on the engine. The ACC is actually maintaining the temperature, hence the switch off/on of the cool flow. Thermostat behaviour. It is doing the job properly.

Tip - If you want continuous, uninterrupted cool air flow like your manual AC, simply reduce the temperature below 18-17-16 and it will show "LO". This will simply blast cool air at the blower speed that you set it to. Same thing can be followed for hot air in extreme cold weather also. Increase it beyond 32 and it will display "HI" if you want uninterrupted hot air.
I will try this LO thing today & will revert.
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:46   #934

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda

Is this the 1.4 FIRE? If so, you should again get 11-13 kmpl based on the traffic conditions.
Yes it is. Previous owner said he gets 13 odd.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks