Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 10:32   #661
BHPian

Linea on discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
After 6 yrs in all probability, I would change the car anyways so why not to enjoy Petrol ride?
On the other hand, I would be willing to pay even more than the MJD price for a petrol Linea 1.4 Tjet (ah! only if they had made that for India as well). It is not always about Re per Km. It is the driving experience for some.

BTW, I saw this discount from HDFC site about Fiat Linea. https://leads.hdfcbank.com/corporate...cle/offers.asp
Old 25th March 2009, 11:21   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a nice one Opendro!

But it also says Rs.10000 is the benefit excluding the emotion pack model
Old 25th March 2009, 12:58   #663
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Hi All,

Heard that the Linea is now available in Vocal White colour. Could somebody please confirm?

Yes Vocal white would be available as the new color for Linea.

Had been for a testdrive last saturday to Furtune Cars (thane),
where the dealer confirmed about the white color being launched.

He also stated that it should be available in a months time.

Old 25th March 2009, 13:01   #664
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
I just test drove the linea diesel at this dealer:
The Fortune Cars
Wagle Estate,
Thane
Maharashtra

After a kilometer of driving I noticed that speedometer is not working, when asked the dealer representative told that they had removed the speedometer.

On further enquiring he said that would be selling this car and are currently using it as a TD car.

He stated that they would give this car to someone who wants urgent delivery and would informed the customer about the car's history.

When I told the represntative that , you could sell it to anyone, even me, how do I trust them.

He just said that I am TD the emotion, but I would going for emotion pack so atleast I would not be getting it.

This was not something expected and it is comletely unethical.

Imagine the plight of the custmer who lands up with this car.

What should be done in this case?

This is enough to spoil fiat's leftover reputation if any.

Guys no comments from your end on my experience.
Am I the only one who has seen this at a dealer?

Old 25th March 2009, 13:11   #665
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I have seen this on a Petrol, but why diesel when they have dedicated cars for TD. Beats me, I think dealers are thinking they have won the battle, thats only half the story.

Being a Linea owner its a nightmare even to think of such propects .

I think one of this day this whole fiasco is going to blow in Fiat exec faces or stop once there are more cars on the road(wishful thinking)

Imagine the boldness and audacity of the representative to openly agree that they would be selling this car to a customer and currently using it as a TD vehicle.

Old 25th March 2009, 13:49   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN View Post
Hi All,

Heard that the Linea is now available in Vocal White colour. Could somebody please confirm?
Yes it is available in white, it is on display in our office campus today.
looks amazing
Old 25th March 2009, 14:14   #667
BHPian

The website (fiatlinea.in) still does not show Vocal White as a color option in the color configurator. Wondering how white would look in reality, given the classic lines of Linea it would be brilliant/smashing !
Old 25th March 2009, 14:31   #668
BHPian

I'v seen that happen multiple times on a Skoda Laura. So it does not really bother me. Do keep an eye of the ODo of the car you buy and the condition though.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:41   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
Yes it is available in white, it is on display in our office campus today.
looks amazing
MS why dont you do us a favor by clicking a pic and posting here
Anyone else has kindly do the honour.
Old 25th March 2009, 15:31   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
The website (fiatlinea.in) still does not show Vocal White as a color option in the color configurator. Wondering how white would look in reality, given the classic lines of Linea it would be brilliant/smashing !
White would look as grand or better than the black, atleast in Hyderabad, I guess white will take off on a big way. Wish the colour was available right from the start.
Old 25th March 2009, 16:04   #671
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
I'v seen that happen multiple times on a Skoda Laura. So it does not really bother me. Do keep an eye of the ODo of the car you buy and the condition though.

Can check the ODO, if it is there, what if the speedometer and the odo have bee removed.

Regarding the condition, the dealer can always polish the interior and exteriors of the car and make it look as new.

Am sure they could be doing it with every car, if there are a couple of days left for delivery of the card, they might use it as Test Drive.

Dealers flight, Owners plight.

Old 26th March 2009, 01:03   #672
BHPian

You guys saved me some money !!

Hey Guys,
Im eagerly waiting for my Red Linea Emotion + Diesel, this Friday

Just wanted to share, a couple of evening ago whilst i was reading through your initial reports, one gentleman mentioned that he received a Rs.5000 on Insurance from Reliance.

I was at the showroom making the final payments and i thought it might be a good idea to ask the insurance agent stationed and i did, I just said, Im expecting a discount or my agent at New India Assurance would be happy to make a counter offer, and immidiately, he clicked his calulator and knocked of Rs. 6400 ish off the final bill. Wow, that was easy. Im expecting a refund cheque at delivery too.

A big thank you to the Linea owner who shared that, i couldn't quite find you in the many Linea threads, but you know who you are and i owe you a beer anytime your in Mumbai :-)

Thanks

Maz
Old 26th March 2009, 01:50   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey Guys,
one gentleman mentioned that he received a Rs.5000 on Insurance from Reliance.

A big thank you to the Linea owner who shared that, i couldn't quite find you in the many Linea threads, but you know who you are and i owe you a beer anytime your in Mumbai :-)
t'was you, wasn't it .... tinkywinky

PS: great seat covers , i had picked tan as my leathers as well ..... but i'm going in for a slightly more retro vertical stripes design, like the Fiats of old ! (infact the vertical mood is still there in the factory seats)

Have some reference shots ... i'll probably have to custom make 'em
Attached Thumbnails
The Fiat Linea test drive thread-328_mb280slafter_1_.jpg  

Old 26th March 2009, 10:56   #674
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Hey Guys,
Im eagerly waiting for my Red Linea Emotion + Diesel, this Friday

Just wanted to share, a couple of evening ago whilst i was reading through your initial reports, one gentleman mentioned that he received a Rs.5000 on Insurance from Reliance.

I was at the showroom making the final payments and i thought it might be a good idea to ask the insurance agent stationed and i did, I just said, Im expecting a discount or my agent at New India Assurance would be happy to make a counter offer, and immidiately, he clicked his calulator and knocked of Rs. 6400 ish off the final bill. Wow, that was easy. Im expecting a refund cheque at delivery too.

Thanks

Maz
Mazherr

Which dealership in mumbai are you purchasing Linea from?
I've also booked emotion pack petrol. Hoping to get delivery in april 1st week. hence am asking
Old 26th March 2009, 11:06   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Guys no comments from your end on my experience.
Am I the only one who has seen this at a dealer?
I had earlier seen Palio test drive vehicles with speedo disconnected. I have not heard of any Linea test drive vehicle with speedo disconnected. Having said that my Linea was delivered with 150Km on odo and still speedo disconnected. Anyways, I had to live with the feeling that a good car cannot go wrong even if they had driven for a couple of weeks!!

I think you should still complain to mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks