Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 11:13   #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Linea looks like a very matured elegant sedan.

The small kid very well know if he dont pull away his father who is drooling over the new Linea things will not end up all well.

To put it: Even a toddler knows nothing much has changed in the Fiat backyard.

HAHA! This is height of cynicism. Anyways good one Silver Knight......
I think it would be in our best interests if FIAT comes out successful so that Japanese car makers stop fleecing us with shabby build quality.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:41   #452
BHPian

Fiat salesperson in response to my query
sir,diesel 0-100 in 9.8 seconds(?? ??) and petrol in 15 seconds.
haha, i found it quite funny and was very keen to correct him but decided otherwise.
I've asked this question before and will do so one last time, can someone please tell me o-100 of petrol linea.
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:43   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
haha, i found it quite funny and was very keen to correct him but decided otherwise.
I've asked this question before and will do so one last time, can someone please tell me o-100 of petrol linea.
for the response u got!

BTW...are you planning for a rally with Linea?

Last edited by rudrah : 23rd February 2009 at 18:46.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:00   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Knight View Post
Linea looks like a very matured elegant sedan.
But the question, who has the real guts to sign the cheque?
Fiat is repeating the same old mistakes. And the TV ad is the real testimonial
Hi Silver Knight
I just came back from the fiat showroom and have given a booking amount of 25k. Test drove the petrol Linea yesterday and was satisfied with the price and the drive that it offered. Found the equipment to be very good value for money and the car looks big and classy. Loved the handling bit of the car after taking a very sharp turn at about 80kmh and the car took it very nicely. though my mom sitting on the back seat was rolling . and so could not do it again.

I have booked a petrol emotion silver colour.
i know there are concerns with the A.S.S. of fiat but i m thinking how bad can it be. i like the look of the car the feel of it the value it offers and though the engine aint as powerful as that of Honda s the car(Linea) has some plus point s to it.

I aint no drag racer so dont need at very powerful engine. it should just be good to drive which i found linea fulfilling nicely.
it has got nice set of rubbers which take in the bumps and pot very well.

the other vehicle i was considering was the honda but it was 1 lakh higher and i felt not value enough for the money.
the things i missed in the honda were

1.alloys

2.acc

3.found the center console a lil tacky in the smt (even though it is nearly 1.5l higher)

4. thin rubber

though the honda has air bags and a more powerful engine along with better resale aswell as a better ***. but i found the Linea more to my liking.

I would suggest everyone in the market for a new car to atleast to go take a test ride.

I will be getting the dilevery in about a week and will fill you guys in on how it feels.

Quote:
It is around 14 seconds atleast thats what the salesperson said.
but it ll be under 15 for sure. thats what i felt test driving it. felt quick enough.

Last edited by F50 : 23rd February 2009 at 20:35.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:08   #455
BHPian

I am planning to take on the world & am also planning to fall on my knees and beg. Have i done something very wrong?
Why doesn't anyone tell me the 0-100 timings of the petrol version?
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:10   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Diesel 15 seconds maybe.

Quote:
Why doesn't anyone tell me the 0-100 timings of the petrol version?
Maybe its not worth mentioning. The deejal was very islow, cant imagine what the petrol would be like with 90bhp and petrol torque.

Either way, this is NOT the car you should be looking at if you're worried about 0-100 timings.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:21   #457
rippergeo

Diesel 0-100 16.xx secs.
Did not bother to try and find out about the even more lethargic petrol.
@sukrit- seriously, if you're looking for that faster version of the car, get the diesel,pete it or remap it. The petrol is not worth it!

Old 23rd February 2009, 21:10   #458
BHPian

rippergo & steroid: thankyou, guess you made the point clear. Wish i could get myself to accept fiat's stupidity.
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:13   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Diesel 0-100 16.xx secs.
@sukrit- seriously, if you're looking for that faster version of the car, get the diesel,pete it or remap it. The petrol is not worth it!
Quiet near. Mine TD clocked 17 sec for diesel which for a normal person is ok.
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:53   #460
BHPian

harry10- Ur calling a lot of people abnormal; timings don't have much to do with normality, it's just preference, driving styles and wishes that govern these things. Sorry for going ot.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:25   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
......Test drove the petrol Linea yesterday and was satisfied with the price and the drive that it offered. Found the equipment to be very good value for money and the car looks big and classy. Loved the handling bit of the car after taking a very sharp turn at about 80kmh and the car took it very nicely................I have booked a petrol emotion silver colour.
i know there are concerns with the A.S.S. of fiat but i m thinking how bad can it be. i like the look of the car the feel of it the value it offers and though the engine aint as powerful as that of Honda s the car(Linea) has some plus point s to it.

I aint no drag racer so dont need at very powerful engine. it should just be good to drive which i found linea fulfilling nicely.
it has got nice set of rubbers which take in the bumps and pot very well.

the other vehicle i was considering was the honda but it was 1 lakh higher and i felt not value enough for the money.
the things i missed in the honda were

1.alloys

2.acc

3.found the center console a lil tacky in the smt (even though it is nearly 1.5l higher)

4. thin rubber

though the honda has air bags and a more powerful engine along with better resale aswell as a better ***. but i found the Linea more to my liking.

I would suggest everyone in the market for a new car to atleast to go take a test ride.

I will be getting the dilevery in about a week and will fill you guys in on how it feels.

It is around 14 seconds atleast thats what the salesperson said.
but it ll be under 15 for sure. thats what i felt test driving it. felt quick enough.
Exactly what i went through a month back, I was a Big Honda Fan ( Still 'am ) , but what turned me off with the City was the price factor. ( i have this thing of settling for the Highest End Variant,( ANHC A/T ) in this case ) but round about 10L for the On-Road , i felt Linea was better and came with a Lot of Goodies.
I personally Like my cars to be "Technologically" Sound with all the bells and whistles , not much of a performance enthusiast. Therefore Linea Scored for me on that Fact . Booked a Hip Hop Black E+ (petrol) on 7th feb. ... Still No Sign of the delivery before 10th March .
Old 24th February 2009, 11:55   #462
BHPian

First of all thanks to Roms and Rudrah for accompanying me on a TD of the petrol Linea. And thanks to Roms for his feedback and his post. As Roms has mentioned I have booked the Emotion Pack Petrol (silver color) and have been promised delivery before march 10th.

Would like to say that I agree with most of the points mentioned by Srikarsai & Machine Freak documenting their thought process while deciding on the car. Factors that were considered while deciding on the car were - (1) Seating comfort, (2) Ride comfort, (3) Safety, (5) VFM, (5) Reliability / ***, (6) Looks, (7) FE, (8) Gadgets and (9) Performance. Was convinced about all except 2 factors - reliabilty / *** and peformance with FE being an unknown.
Reliability / *** are the biggest Q marks around this car but thanks to feedback from Roms, i felt that performance is adequate for me and my family. As regards FE I do not expect the moon - around 10 with AC in city is fine by me. Will update you guys on the actual figures as and when possible.

Resale value is not important because if the car is reliable with good ***, I intend to keep the car for > 5 years. Else since it is a company-leased car, i will sell it off in 3 years.

Also noticed that a lot of "newbies" or just turned BHPians have bought the majority of Linea's on T-BHP (Opendro comes to mind as an exception, however he seems to have bought the car more in a pretty unique way). Guess the experienced Junta are waiting to see whether we sink or sail
Old 24th February 2009, 12:00   #463
BHPian

Quote:
harry10- Ur calling a lot of people abnormal; timings don't have much to do with normality, it's just preference, driving styles and wishes that govern these things. Sorry for going ot.
Sukrit: Respect your statement. I do not understand the exact reason why it is believed that the Diesel with more torque and less power will reach 0-100 faster than Petrol. However, it might be a good idea for you to just go out and test it out yourself esp since you are in Delhi and will probably have access to more open roads than in many other parts of the country. Even if you do not get a chance to do a 0-100 at least try out the petrol

I have TDed both Diesel and Petrol along with companions. Once with my office colleagues and another time with Roms and Rudrah (let me hasten to add that all these guys drive Petrol cars - no diesel champ here). The feedback has been that somehow it is easier to drive the petrol as compared to the diesel. It could be down to what you say above - driving style and experience.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:34   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Diesel 0-100 16.xx secs.
I believe its best to try out the petrol 1.4 before passing that judgement Sir.
Old 24th February 2009, 14:13   #465
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I believe its best to try out the petrol 1.4 before passing that judgement Sir.
I'm not much of a petrolhead, and do not fancy going down to RF/concorde for another TD of a car I'm not interested in(petrol), but would really appreciate it, if you could put up the 0-100 of the petrol and prove me wrong.

I was told by the salesman that the diesel was the better motor(and I do believe him), and after being disappointed by it, did not want to try a supposedly slower car, hence didnt push for a petrol TD.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks