Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 09:35   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Can I do a I told you so dance I am just so happy about your whole experience,these guys have been trying so hard to do a good job I guess their work is finally paying off. Hope this condition is not just restricted to the specific dealer and area.you will be more surprised when you go in for your oil change/service as the price of the all the frequently used parts are unbelievably low !

Hi Muneem,

What happened? why the change of heart with Fiat, I notice your signature has changed too. But its good to see something +ve from you on Fiat.

Anyways, as far as my experience with the 2 dealerships so far has been pretty good too. And there has been some kind of radical change in the whole Fiat sales. I hope the spares and consumables are going to cheap, that would be an added advantage for future buyers.
Old 16th February 2009, 10:58   #407
BHPian

Prash - Congratulations on buying the Linea. It's good to see that you had a good experience in the entire buying process.

Do enjoy your car.

I was a bit surprised to see that the OVRM just snapped when you were closing it. That doesn't speak very highly of the quality of material used by Fiat. Though it was handled very well by Tata/Fiat this is definitely not acceptable.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:47   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Hi Muneem,

What happened? why the change of heart with Fiat, I notice your signature has changed too. But its good to see something +ve from you on Fiat.
I have always told you guys that Fiat is trying really hard to change that stale image of theirs, I had nothing much against the product,It's the general attitude of the FIAL and the dealers that tick me off, And I was in love with the Linea Multijet and thought that Fiat Got the act right this time,but they also said that everything will fall into place once the dust setteles.The Linea I test drove was much better than what everyone else had test driven (It was a pre production model) and it was a very good car but it had more smoke than usual Crdi engines. Might be the reason it got detuned.
Old 16th February 2009, 12:11   #409
BHPian

Quote:
I have always told you guys that Fiat is trying really hard to change that stale image of theirs, I had nothing much against the product,It's the general attitude of the FIAL and the dealers that tick me off, And I was in love with the Linea Multijet and thought that Fiat Got the act right this time,but they also said that everything will fall into place once the dust setteles.The Linea I test drove was much better than what everyone else had test driven (It was a pre production model) and it was a very good car but it had more smoke than usual Crdi engines. Might be the reason it got detuned.
I can vouch for muneem, he has always been very positive and very helpful on my linea purchase.

Hey Muneem no body has any ideas about the accessories, would you be having any? Like the one mentioned on the international website (Linea kick plates, sporty pedals, linea floor mats etc., They look so cool)
Old 16th February 2009, 13:06   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Ok cool, it was good to see your comments, i just had a TD of the Linea Petrol, I will be putting up a report later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
I can vouch for muneem, he has always been very positive and very helpful on my linea purchase.

Hey Muneem no body has any ideas about the accessories, would you be having any? Like the one mentioned on the international website (Linea kick plates, sporty pedals, linea floor mats etc., They look so cool)
The accessories are going to be available in the 1st week of Feb, i wanted Leather seats, thats going to be a part of it. The price list is still not out yet.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:44   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Ok cool, it was good to see your comments, i just had a TD of the Linea Petrol, I will be putting up a report later today.

The accessories are going to be available in the 1st week of Feb, i wanted Leather seats, thats going to be a part of it. The price list is still not out yet.
Hey dude, did you mean 1st week of March, I have checked out the leather seats, they cost some 40K, good quality and few good colors
Old 16th February 2009, 15:42   #412
BHPian

@twinky

sorry typo, I meant March 1st week. 40K for Leather, I think I will go to Stanley or one of the cutom shops in that case. I had similar problem, SX4 leather option was higher when compared to Stanley and IMO the fit also is an issue when done at the dealership.
Old 16th February 2009, 16:21   #413
BHPian

Quote:
@twinky

sorry typo, I meant March 1st week. 40K for Leather, I think I will go to Stanley or one of the cutom shops in that case. I had similar problem, SX4 leather option was higher when compared to Stanley and IMO the fit also is an issue when done at the dealership.
absolutely buddy, Even i would be going for after market for the leather seats
Old 16th February 2009, 17:33   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice review Prash. post some pics of your ride as well.

I am also waiting to capture Linea in my cam. It looks so stunning from the front.
Let me tell you this. I had been to a restaurant and parked the Linea between Toyota Corola (previous model) and the Chevy Optra. Both the cars were looking so dull in design. The metallic look of the Linea looks amazing with a big red Fiat logo on it.
Will surely click pictures and post soon.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:05   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Prash - Congratulations on buying the Linea. It's good to see that you had a good experience in the entire buying process.

Do enjoy your car.

I was a bit surprised to see that the OVRM just snapped when you were closing it. That doesn't speak very highly of the quality of material used by Fiat. Though it was handled very well by Tata/Fiat this is definitely not acceptable.
Thanx Palio_2005. If you have checked the Linea's ORVM than you must have noticed that the working (closing part) is not simple. When u push the mirror to close it lifts itself up, so while you are trying to push it towards the door, it actually goes up and than moves in the direction where we try to push.

I was also zapped to see the ORVM break with a simple push. So i made it a point to dash of a letter highlighting this issue of low quality with the service people as well as the CEO of the company. I stated in the mail that they should take up this matter with the vendor. As per my telephonic conversation with an officer at Fiat i did convey him about the quality issue and he told me that it is a stray incident and that I should not worry about it as they are always there to help if anything goes wrong again with the ORVM.

But let me highlight this again with all you people that the diesel Linea is not at all noisy. I felt the same while on my test drives but while I drive my Linea I dont feel any nosie. I mean the noise is very less and very acceptable.
Old 16th February 2009, 18:25   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Can I do a I told you so dance I am just so happy about your whole experience,these guys have been trying so hard to do a good job I guess their work is finally paying off. Hope this condition is not just restricted to the specific dealer and area.you will be more surprised when you go in for your oil change/service as the price of the all the frequently used parts are unbelievably low !
Ya muneemmk I also think and hope that spares parts should be very low. I was planning to buy Skoda Laura which was not in my budget but I did make up my mind to shell out that much money. But after checking the prices for keeping the Laura well I changed my decision and opted to wait for the Linea.
Also I would like to know from you that why didn't Fiat added the 'Eco drive' feature in with its Blue & Me? I have checked that feature on Fiats website (fiat.com) and I should tell you that the ecodrive thing is just amazing. I would love to use that if it was provided in India. Is there any way I can get that installed in my Linea. Do let me know.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th February 2009 at 18:36. Reason: back to back post removed, please dont use font tags
Old 16th February 2009, 19:23   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Also I would like to know from you that why didn't Fiat added the 'Eco drive' feature in with its Blue & Me? I have checked that feature on Fiats website (fiat.com) and I should tell you that the ecodrive thing is just amazing. I would love to use that if it was provided in India. Is there any way I can get that installed in my Linea. Do let me know.
Fiat 500 and Grande Punto are the first Fiat Group vehicles to use ecorive, and the system is available to download and install now, free of charge. In 2009, ecorive will be extended to the rest of the Fiat range equipped with Blue&Me. ecorive will be open to feedback from users, which will help Fiat to update the application and make it even more useful in future.

ecoDrive is an evolution of the Blue&Me platform, developed by Fiat Group Automobiles in conjunction with Microsoft, that has already earned considerable recognition. Over 500,000 systems have been installed in the Group’s models over the last two years.

Source: 2008 Fiat Launches ecoDrive Debut Car Review and Specs | 2008 Fiat Launches ecoDrive Debut Car Wallpaper Pictures Pics
Old 16th February 2009, 20:16   #418
BHPian

@prash,

Eco drive is an application which need Blue and me,so i dont think its country specific you can download on your pc and use it.Use it and also let us know how useful the application is .?
Old 16th February 2009, 22:01   #419
BHPian

Love the inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Ya muneemmk I also think and hope that spares parts should be very low. I was planning to buy Skoda Laura which was not in my budget but I did make up my mind to shell out that much money. But after checking the prices for keeping the Laura well I changed my decision and opted to wait for the Linea.
Hi Prash,

I like the fact that you are enjoying the Linea, its really nice to see your comments. I am really not aware, about the Eco drive in the Linea. Can you please enlighten me about this.

Damn, this car has so many features in it, its going to take a whole lot of time to really understand and know it.

Last edited by downsouth : 16th February 2009 at 22:21.
Old 16th February 2009, 22:54   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prash,

I like the fact that you are enjoying the Linea, its really nice to see your comments. I am really not aware, about the Eco drive in the Linea. Can you please enlighten me about this.

Damn, this car has so many features in it, its going to take a whole lot of time to really understand and know it.
@downsouth, still waiting for ur TD report on Petrol linea dude.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks