Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post

cost for petrol =1500*45/8.5 (Approx) = 7941
Cost of Diesel = 1500*33/17 = 2911
total savings a month = 5030
Dude I am not too sure of this calculation, I have booked a Linea Petrol myself on Jan 7th. My average running would be 1000Kms /1200 Kms a month. Petrol gives a mileage of 12 and Diesel gives 15 (15 and 18 on highway).

cost for Petrol = 1200*45/12 = 4500
cost of Diesel = 1200*33/15 = 2640

total saving of diesel over petrol per month = 1860. Time taken to recover the 1.2 lakh extra paid for the car purchase for diesel engine would be 5 years and 4 months. Hence Petrol would still make a sense.
Because he has taken the "best case scenario" for the Diesel.. and "worst case scenario" for the Petrol.

Guess he forgot to add a *-Conditions apply at the end of the post
Old 6th February 2009, 00:44   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Are you saying that it will not even give 10 in city? Then it would be a disaster.

It seems that he meant in the other way.

Linea petrol is having a very frugal engine. in urban it returns approx 15 kmpl and in highways it can range upto 21.

yea, a heavy footed, enthusiastic driver in racing mood can bring down the above figures to say 8 - 12. But that too only by revving too hard.

Last edited by shineshine : 6th February 2009 at 00:55.
Old 6th February 2009, 08:52   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Linea petrol is having a very frugal engine. in urban it returns approx 15 kmpl and in highways it can range upto 21.
With expectations like this you are going to be disappointed.
It's a petrol engine and its a 1.2 Ton car. Getting a 15 in urban and 21 on highway in India with such a car would be a miracle.

A reasonable expectation would be in the range of 10-12 in urban and 14-17 in highway, assuming FIAT tuned it for efficiency. If i were to bet on it i would go close to 10 & 14 - with A/C

Last edited by SkyWalker : 6th February 2009 at 08:53.
Old 6th February 2009, 08:58   #319
BHPian

Linea Petrol DOOMED

I had very long test drive with Linea Petrol and a back to back test drive on an SX4. I do not want to compare here with NHC 08 & Fiesta as the linea will in no way stand up anywhere close to these car by any means, thus acording to me the closest one can compare is SX4.

PLEASE I MEAN TO OFEND NO ONE. MY DISCUSSION IS PURELY INTERMS OF ENGINE REFINMENT. I Drive my car and as everybody in this forums loves driving car. While I do give importants to all the BELLS & WHISTLE's in the Car, the paramount importance for me is the Engine refinement and what I hate the most is ENGINE AND ROAD SOUND radiating into the cabin. I just can't stand this. So the detailing below could the result of that.

Before I start in terms of features in Linea. Linea wins hands down. Some of them are listed below, if there is anything that I have missed one can add

Pros On Linea
1. Blue & Me: Man this is a great stuff and i tried out this real time. It is just fantistic.
2. My Car features: Well I am not sure if this is something that should score points.
3. Remote boot Opener on E-PK: This again is a fantastic feature.

So now I am stuck as I don't find anything more to add.

Cons (Please note that this report is after a back to back test drive on an SX4)

1. AC: Very Poor. Me, my wife and kids was sweating half way through to the drive. This is after setting the climate control to auto.
2. Gear Shift: I had to struggle lot many times to engage gear.
3. Clutch: Man this is annoying. I felt like pushing the clutch to eternity to engage the gear.
4. Engine Noise: FIRE has let me down. I am not able to understand this. The sound of engine is so loud that I cannot compare that sound to anything else. Initially i thought it was the road sound that is getting trasmitted in to the cabin. Boy I was wrong. The engine makes hell a lot of sound while running, this is directly audible in the cabin. ANNOYING
5. Power Steering: Jee I hate the hydraluic steering. I was dead tired after driving the car for 30 mts. The tyring part was when I tried to park into my parking bay. Boy o Boy it was tough, what I mean is it was hell difficult.
6. Turning Radius: I am not sure if SX4 is got more turning radius, while parking SX4 in my parking bay. I felt no difficulty at all and could park in with ease.
7.Road View from drivers seat: I was not comfortable, inspite seat beeing set to higest position.
8. Alloy Wheels: Linea has 4 Alloy Wheels, the 5th and spare tyre is a steel.
9. Power of Engine: I guess this is would be a 1.4 working to it is best, nothing much to complain here. The powe was OK, but in no means can be compared with SX4, FIESTA, NHC08.

SX4:

Doing all that is the same with SX4, SX4 wins hands down, I mean there is nothing that is wrong in an SX4, the drive was smooth, no engine sound in cabin, power was awesome, audion was ok so is linea's audio.

Now I will not bring NHC08, FIESTA into this, as I know both these cars are ahead of SX4 in some case way ahead of SX4.

No wonder not a single Auto Magazine did a review on LINEA Petrol. This is what I feel if they had done then there would have been nothing to write about.

Now somebody lend me a shoulder. I need to cry my heart out. Please I need to cry.

Having waited for this machine (Linea) for well over 4 months that is.
Old 6th February 2009, 09:26   #320
Senior - BHPian

Ajit, did you drive a Linea or a tata Truck?
Old 6th February 2009, 09:49   #321
Senior - BHPian

Ajit,

Are you sure it was a FiAT Linea that you took for a TD.

I have TDed both the Petrol & Diesel Linea, but I am sorry to say that your report looks completely contrary!
Old 6th February 2009, 09:49   #322
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
1. AC: Very Poor. Me, my wife and kids was sweating half way through to the drive. This is after setting the climate control to auto.
3. Clutch: Man this is annoying. I felt like pushing the clutch to eternity to engage the gear.
4. Engine Noise: FIRE has let me down. I am not able to understand this. The sound of engine is so loud that I cannot compare that sound to anything else. Initially i thought it was the road sound that is getting trasmitted in to the cabin. Boy I was wrong. The engine makes hell a lot of sound while running, this is directly audible in the cabin. ANNOYING
5. Power Steering: Jee I hate the hydraluic steering. I was dead tired after driving the car for 30 mts. The tyring part was when I tried to park into my parking bay. Boy o Boy it was tough, what I mean is it was hell difficult.
6. Turning Radius: I am not sure if SX4 is got more turning radius, while parking SX4 in my parking bay. I felt no difficulty at all and could park in with ease.
7.Road View from drivers seat: I was not comfortable, inspite seat beeing set to higest position.
9. Power of Engine: I guess this is would be a 1.4 working to it is best, nothing much to complain here. The powe was OK, but in no means can be compared with SX4, FIESTA, NHC08.
Which car do you drive currently? A lot of your feelings towards Linea could be on account of mismatch on expectation & the experince with your current machine.

I am not saying Linea is the best thing that happened to Indian Auto, but it is not so bad either.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:12   #323
Senior - BHPian

ajitsank - are you serious
I think they handed u a tata truck or something.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:16   #324
BHPian

Ajit,

If we are to accept your report, I must assume that you must have test driven a mule that is a Total lemon.Your test report seems to be so contrary to all the other TD reports we have been getting. Why dont you take another test drive at another dealer and post the experience here.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:29   #325
BHPian

ajitsank, something wrong with you.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:34   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine
And the source for these impossible FE figures are ? Boss, the kind of petrol-engine FE that you are mentioning are just about achievable by an M800/Alto with an 800cc engine and kerb weight of 600-odd kgs. If you think this kind of FE is extractable from a 1.2 ton car running a 1.4l engine, all I can say is, "Continue dreaming".

Since you did not mention anything about a/c, I guess without a/c and a light foot, the Linea would return 18kmpl in 'urban' and 25kmpl in highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine
yea, a heavy footed, enthusiastic driver in racing mood can bring down the above figures to say 8 - 12. But that too only by revving too hard.
So, when the driver drives the Linea hard, the city FE drops from 15kmpl to 8kmpl and highway FE from 21kmpl to 12kmpl. Hmmm, interesting to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker
If i were to bet on it i would go close to 10 & 14 - with A/C
Now, this sounds more like real-world figures.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th February 2009 at 11:35.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:37   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now somebody lend me a shoulder. I need to cry my heart out. Please I need to cry.
No offense meant mate but I think you need a shake, not a shoulder to lean on. A shake will wake you up 'cos I guess you're just having a bad dream
Old 6th February 2009, 11:42   #328
Senior - BHPian

ajitsank,
No offence, but are you a Maruti dealer or something ?

I agree TD reports/perspective differs from person to person, but even with a bucketful of salt, I am still not able to digest this!
Old 6th February 2009, 11:43   #329
BHPian

To answer to few queries:
1. I had santro XG which I sold 4 months back.
2. Could people do the same ie; do a back to back TD "LINEA & SX4"
3. The reason I feel disgusted is I have waited for this beauty for 4 months and is truly dissapointed me.
4. As somebody mentioned it could be "Total Lemon", now since I was shocked while on TD, I asked the sales exec if this car has come out of some other dealer after TDing for long and he mentioned negative and this is brand new TD car.
5. To answer the mismatch of expectation: In last 4 months there are no cars in this segment I haven't TD'ed. Now I surely can't have gone wrong in my views that is for sure.

I would sincerly request if some of you could help by taking a back to back TD.
Old 6th February 2009, 11:44   #330
BHPian

Quote:
I had very long test drive with Linea Petrol and a back to back test drive on an SX4. I do not want to compare here with NHC 08 & Fiesta as the linea will in no way stand up anywhere close to these car by any means, thus acording to me the closest one can compare is SX4.

PLEASE I MEAN TO OFEND NO ONE. MY DISCUSSION IS PURELY INTERMS OF ENGINE REFINMENT. I Drive my car and as everybody in this forums loves driving car. While I do give importants to all the BELLS & WHISTLE's in the Car, the paramount importance for me is the Engine refinement and what I hate the most is ENGINE AND ROAD SOUND radiating into the cabin. I just can't stand this. So the detailing below could the result of that.

Before I start in terms of features in Linea. Linea wins hands down. Some of them are listed below, if there is anything that I have missed one can add

Pros On Linea
1. Blue & Me: Man this is a great stuff and i tried out this real time. It is just fantistic.
2. My Car features: Well I am not sure if this is something that should score points.
3. Remote boot Opener on E-PK: This again is a fantastic feature.

So now I am stuck as I don't find anything more to add.

Cons (Please note that this report is after a back to back test drive on an SX4)

SX4:

Doing all that is the same with SX4, SX4 wins hands down, I mean there is nothing that is wrong in an SX4, the drive was smooth, no engine sound in cabin, power was awesome, audion was ok so is linea's audio.

Now I will not bring NHC08, FIESTA into this, as I know both these cars are ahead of SX4 in some case way ahead of SX4.

No wonder not a single Auto Magazine did a review on LINEA Petrol. This is what I feel if they had done then there would have been nothing to write about.

Having waited for this machine (Linea) for well over 4 months that is.

Are you sure you had a TD of Linea?
Looks like you had Cannabis before taking TD and writing this review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks