Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 18:26   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
good you found them in Bombay,the price dealer coated you is for which finish is it hyper silver or chrome,i will suggest you go for set of 4.

and why the waiting game.
Hyper silver, I hate crome. Ya why is it that everyone recommends a set of 4 and not 5. What's the theory?

Waiting game cuz it takes a few days for the wheels to arrive
Old 19th April 2009, 18:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Hyper silver, I hate crome. Ya why is it that everyone recommends a set of 4 and not 5. What's the theory?

Waiting game cuz it takes a few days for the wheels to arrive
4 over 5 the main reason you save money,and you hardly use your spare wheel in case your Tyre gets punctured you can use the spare wheel and change it after words.

congrats!! so you had made the order for them.
Old 19th April 2009, 21:09   #48
BHPian

nice choice zahir!
we buy a set of 4 alloys is that you hardly use the spare wheel and save on the cost. that is the primary reason!
Old 19th April 2009, 22:50   #49
BHPian

First, congrats Zahir! A bit late but I just saw your post and your new car pictures; surely the car looks splendid especially with those lit-up headlamps.

I'm getting the Pioneer 5090 HU as well for my just-booked Tata Indigo Marina GLX (decided to go diesel and hence change it to DiCOR tomorrow). I looked on the Pioneer website and it says the HU has both USB and AUX ports but the AUX port is located on the rear. I did not understand that. Nor do they have any clear pictures showing the unit.

Can you pls tell if the AUX port is located on the front or not on your HU? I essentially want to use the AUX port to connect my IPod to the ICE. If it is in the rear how can one use it and what's the purpose?

Thanx!
Old 20th April 2009, 00:30   #50
BHPian

@ allroad : if the aux input is at the back of the head unit, then there will be a cable coming out through the glove box (most probably) for attaching the ipod.
Old 20th April 2009, 00:55   #51
BHPian

Oh, that's weird. So to fix the cable end in the glove box do they drill holes now in a brand new car? Or just stick it using glue or simply velcro it?

I have to find that out with my dealer. Unfortunately he does not have the HU on display. So I guess I have to stop by a car shop and check the HU out myself.

Thanx!
Old 20th April 2009, 11:19   #52
BHPian

At the least for Swift, I heard that they need not drill holes in the glove box to get the USB or Aux in cables.

By the way, how much does the Pio 5090 costs and where do you source it from.
Old 20th April 2009, 17:24   #53
BHPian

allroad you dont need to drill any holes. there is enough room behind the dash to just put the cable in the glove box.
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:44   #54
BHPian

Guys, any of you swift owners notice a line of paint bubbles(almost like its rusting) on the side skirts of your cars? I have them and dont know what to make of it....
Old 23rd April 2009, 00:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Guys, any of you swift owners notice a line of paint bubbles(almost like its rusting) on the side skirts of your cars? I have them and dont know what to make of it....
Zahir, it's normal.My car also have. I haven't watched for that in other Swifts It is not rust or something. But I exactly don't know why?
Old 23rd April 2009, 01:40   #56
BHPian

I checked another swift in my building, it was smooth. Its amost like crumple. Infact i called Sai Service and even asked the guy if he had actually teflon coated the car because i thought it was either a badly done paintjob or rust
Old 23rd April 2009, 20:31   #57
BHPian

zahir it is normal man. dont worry!
its an antirust coat present in all swifts post 09 period i believe (not sure). even honda city has the same. relax its nothing to worry about.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:06   #58
BHPian

Mr white_vdi, as always, thanks for your expert advice to my paranoia I was ready to kill someone at sai.

Sending the car to Sai next week for servicing @ 5000 km. Got a whole bunch of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allroad View Post
First, congrats Zahir! A bit late but I just saw your post and your new car pictures; surely the car looks splendid especially with those lit-up headlamps.

I'm getting the Pioneer 5090 HU as well for my just-booked Tata Indigo Marina GLX (decided to go diesel and hence change it to DiCOR tomorrow). I looked on the Pioneer website and it says the HU has both USB and AUX ports but the AUX port is located on the rear. I did not understand that. Nor do they have any clear pictures showing the unit.

Can you pls tell if the AUX port is located on the front or not on your HU? I essentially want to use the AUX port to connect my IPod to the ICE. If it is in the rear how can one use it and what's the purpose?

Thanx!
Hey man, thanks and sorry for the late reply, don't know how I missed your post. Firstly, you're gonna love the hu. Its really good. The wires are attached from the back and pulled into the glove in my car. I don't really use them much unless I want to hear something off my BlackBerry. But as far as I know, no holes drilled, just the wire being pulled.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th April 2009 at 13:27. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 24th April 2009, 14:21   #59
BHPian

no problem zahir!
what problems are you facing?
Old 24th April 2009, 14:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
no problem zahir!
what problems are you facing?
I'm sure those are the usual rattling, squeaking problems like just any other Swift!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks