Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 12:56   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I have a choppy and bouncy ride too, i guess its normal. Also the feeling of losin faith after 120 is also something i can relate too.
True but over the past few days, each time theres a little rough road also, I can literally hear thuds on the suspension. Almost like the shockups arent taking the rough road too well and I drive on a lotta rough road courtesy my office area! I'm planning on getting the wheels balanced and rotated too since 10k is almost up.

Further, a friend pointed out that maybe its the air pressure i maintain thats ruined the suspension, I have 185/70s 14" and maintain 33 F and 31 R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Zahir-the car looks nice.I bought a ddis in june and well the car has done around 3k now.The car runs like a dream now,though havn't done any modifications on it.Liked your ownership review.No noise till now.
Thanks man, enjoy your car... theres a lot more to be done to mine but all in good time
Old 12th August 2009, 16:17   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
True but over the past few days, each time theres a little rough road also, I can literally hear thuds on the suspension. Almost like the shockups arent taking the rough road too well and I drive on a lotta rough road courtesy my office area! I'm planning on getting the wheels balanced and rotated too since 10k is almost up.

Further, a friend pointed out that maybe its the air pressure i maintain thats ruined the suspension, I have 185/70s 14" and maintain 33 F and 31 R.

Suspensions cant be ruined like that. Yes you do maintain a little high pressure, I have the same size tyres and i keep 31 front and 29 behind and i still find the ride choppy and yes i hear the thuds too, its like the suspension is not moving up and down.

Swifts Suspension is hard as compared to other cars and thats why the brilliant handling. Sorry to say, we have to live with it. U can reduce the tyre pressure though. I am planning for 30 psi all round for city runs.Lets see how that goes!
Old 12th August 2009, 17:55   #108
BHPian

Hi Zahir,
I have been following your thread closely. I have a Logan diesel too and would like to know if your swift diesel also has a hard clutch like the Logan? You would be the best person to give the best judgement as you own both cars. My left knee and ankle pains driving the Logan in horrendous bumper-to-bumper traffic. Just done 13,600kms in 15 months and already thinking of changing it.

Thanks,
Anil
Old 12th August 2009, 18:28   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Suspensions cant be ruined like that. Yes you do maintain a little high pressure, I have the same size tyres and i keep 31 front and 29 behind and i still find the ride choppy and yes i hear the thuds too, its like the suspension is not moving up and down.

Swifts Suspension is hard as compared to other cars and thats why the brilliant handling. Sorry to say, we have to live with it. U can reduce the tyre pressure though. I am planning for 30 psi all round for city runs.Lets see how that goes!
Yeah maybe you're right however, I would not recommend keeping an even tyre pressure simply because the diesel engines heavier hence 2 PSI extra in front...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hi Zahir,
I have been following your thread closely. I have a Logan diesel too and would like to know if your swift diesel also has a hard clutch like the Logan? You would be the best person to give the best judgement as you own both cars. My left knee and ankle pains driving the Logan in horrendous bumper-to-bumper traffic. Just done 13,600kms in 15 months and already thinking of changing it.

Thanks,
Anil
I know what you mean, I have the same problem. The swift clutch is much better, the Logan ones really hard. I've basically given up driving the logan because of this and leave the car to the rest of my family. Using the clutch is like a workout! I'm clocking at about the same on my ODO on the logan. I think this problem exists with everyone using a logan diesel...

Sorry bro, we're screwed!
Old 12th August 2009, 20:52   #110
Senior - BHPian

Zahir i am facing a funny problem happening to my swift don't know wheather you guys are facing it or not.The moment i pull the hand brake the car body goes down a quite a bit don't know what is the reason behind that.This happens even when the car is idealing and is not not moving at all on a flat surface.Once i release the hand brake the car increases to normal again.seems to be odd for me never experienced this before in any other car.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:05   #111
BHPian

Thats very odd man, never happened to me, have you got it check at a service center?
Old 12th August 2009, 21:39   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats very odd man, never happened to me, have you got it check at a service center?

No not as yet i actually idn't think anything is wrong.Thought it was normal for this car.Any 1 else having the same problem?
Old 13th August 2009, 09:23   #113
BHPian

Quote:
I know what you mean, I have the same problem. The swift clutch is much better, the Logan ones really hard. I've basically given up driving the logan because of this and leave the car to the rest of my family. Using the clutch is like a workout! I'm clocking at about the same on my ODO on the logan. I think this problem exists with everyone using a logan diesel...

Sorry bro, we're screwed!
Exactly we're royally screwed, but how to convince the folks at home (read: Dad)? I had an Accent Viva which i sold and bought an i10 Automatic which is an awesome car to drive but as everybody knows the FE is low. I was thinking of getting a Swift diesel as my third car, but lets see. After driving the Logan from Andheri East to Bandra West every evening, it saps your entire energy keeping pace with ricks cutting lanes in bumper to bumper traffic. As you're saying the the Swift's clutch is smooth, i'll try to arrange for a TD soon.

Cheers!
Old 13th August 2009, 09:27   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Zahir i am facing a funny problem happening to my swift don't know wheather you guys are facing it or not.The moment i pull the hand brake the car body goes down a quite a bit don't know what is the reason behind that.This happens even when the car is idealing and is not not moving at all on a flat surface.Once i release the hand brake the car increases to normal again.seems to be odd for me never experienced this before in any other car.
IF you mean your rear end goes down a bit after you engage the handbrake, thats fine, there must be some forward momentum and the brake is arresting it from the rear drums.

Happens in my swift too.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:15   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IF you mean your rear end goes down a bit after you engage the handbrake, thats fine, there must be some forward momentum and the brake is arresting it from the rear drums.

Happens in my swift too.

ya that's what happens.But the car is at a complete hault and on a flat surface then where is the momentum ?
Old 20th August 2009, 14:47   #116
BHPian

This is what someone did to my car last night when it was parked!

Swift DDis White-img00338_bastards.jpg
Old 20th August 2009, 16:59   #117
BHPian

tough luck zahir :(
This is what happens in mumbai
Old 20th August 2009, 17:06   #118

God Bless 'em

Such people... are they anytime gonna come up in life wid such attitude?
Old 20th August 2009, 17:11   #119

where I can get these alloys

Quote:
Attachment 124047

Attachment 124048

Attachment 124049

Attachment 124050

One of those belongs to a member on tbhp...

Also, I kinda think the spoiler looks cool
It looks great.. someone pls tell me where similar designs can be availed? Those white alloys are 5 bolt where as swift need 4. comment
Old 24th August 2009, 15:43   #120

Zahir, tell me about your black seat cover and stearing grip? How is the condition of the seat cover after using so many weeks, where did you purchase and which brand? Is that stearing grip leather? and durability?
comment. Thanks in anticipation
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks