Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 02:47   #1
BHPian

Swift DDis White

This ones overdue. I booked my White DDis non-ABS on the 15th of Jan from Sai Service and had delivered on the 30th of Jan 2009. I was really happy about the delivery time especially since a month ago, they told me it was minimum 2 months waiting. As of today, I'm done with 2800km on the Odo and my 1st service has been completed.

Delivery
Sai Service did a good job on their commitment of delivery, the car arrived in time and the agent delivered on the promised freebies(Mats,Flaps,PS and Film). Overall, he was very co-operative and provided me with all the info I needed patiently. SS made sure it took me through the demo(which is very silly) but it made the sales guy happy so I listened to him anyway. So with that out of the way, I was off.

Problems
Surprisingly, the minute I took the delivery and drove it out of the showroom, I knew something was wrong. The car shuddered violently in the first gear pickup. Once in motion though, the car was a smooth as butter. I called the agent up and he fixed a service appointment the very next morning. A new car that needs servicing! Awesome! Anyway, I was informed that the pressure plate was faulty and it needed replacement. Pissed off, I refused to talk to the lower officials, I took it up with the manager who was an idiot. I told him that since they'd opened up the car, taken the gearbox out(diesels are like that) and changed the pressure plate + clutch plate it was officially no longer a new car. He promptly offered me 3 free pickups as compensation. Yay! It was like a dream come true fro me! 3 WHOLE SERVICES!. Disgusted, I walked out, took my car and left.
A few days later, I rationalized with my temper, they weren't going to give me a new car, the engine was fine, they changed the faulty part so maybe I should just let it go. I did and thats when I really started enjoying the car.

The Drive.
Amazing! The engines really good on this one. I was initially confused between the petrol and the diesel. Not once I test drove both. The petrol is fast but the diesel is truly fun to drive. Accelerates much better and the torque is great. Drive within the torque bands and its exhillerating every time. The pickups just great. Unfortunately, thats about as good as it gets. The plastics just about ok, the suspension is bearable to say the least, you feel every little bump on the road, brakes are just about ok. Advice to those who're looking to buy this car, buy it for the engine not for the creature comforts or ride quality. The suspension on the Fabia for example is leagues above.

The run in.
I ran the car in upshifting closing in on 3k rpm and downshifting if it falls below 2k rpm. Made sure I didn't push the car in the 1st gear and never lifted the car from near halt in any gear besides the 1st. No harsh acceleration just gradually touching the 3k border. Did this all the way till the 1st 1000 and post that started seeing the other side of 3k. It opened up the engine beautifully. The car is truly faster than when I first got it and it doesn't feel loose(like some of the older DDiS I've seen that have been ripped quite a bit). Also, I gearchecked quite a bit during the run in, helps with braking and equips the engine for loads.

Other Problems
Oddly, 2000kms driven, the shockups gave problems so did the bust on the front. I was shocked. SS has a very good service deptartment though. They are well aware about my plight and are very prompt in serving the car. Had the parts replaced(not fixed) under warranty. Brakes squeal a bit. Cabin is far from sound proof. I can hear the baby crying in the house, 4 lanes way each time.

Upgrades and Addons
SS Extended Warranty - 9.5k
Art Leather Seats(Black) - 6.5k
Pirelli 185/70 14" - 9k
K&N Air Filter - 5k
Steering Grip - 800

ICE
Pioneer 5090 - 10k
MTX 4 Channel Apm - 10k
Morel Tempo Coax - 9.5k
Powerbass Sub(1000w) - 6k
Pioneer Steering Remote - 1k
Wiring - 2k

Lighting
Angel Eyes Projector Setup - 9.5k
Autoguage HIDs 4300k - 7.5k
Osram Nighbreakers - 500

Wishlist
Sport Bumpers, front and back
Alloys
Front MTX Components

Thats about it. I'll add some pics soon.

Swift DDis White-img00095.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00096.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00105.jpg
Old 16th March 2009, 07:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

For the first time I am hearing all these problems in a Swift. All known problem was rattles and nothing more. The sound insulation is also quite good, but what you have reported is simply horrible. The list of problems is unexpectedly long. Hope you manage to sort them out. The heart of this car is good to overcome all odds that are present in the car.

You have three pairs of headlamps ?
1) Nightbreakers.
2) Autorange HID.
3) Angel Eyes Projector.

Out of the three pairs, I am able to see two are projector sets. What are source of lights HID or normal Halogen in case of Angel Eyes ?
Can you please post more on this ?
Old 16th March 2009, 10:35   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
You have three pairs of headlamps ?
1) Nightbreakers.
2) Autorange HID.
3) Angel Eyes Projector.

Out of the three pairs, I am able to see two are projector sets. What are source of lights HID or normal Halogen in case of Angel Eyes ?
Thanks man, actually its 2 pairs of lights within the projector setup. Hids in low beam and nightbreakers in high beam. The angel eyes projector as a stand alone unit has only leds
Old 16th March 2009, 10:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

A brand new car in 15 days when waiting period is anything between 1-2 months. Then pressure plate problem surfaces immediately. Is there something suspicious? Did you check the whole car and underbody as part of PDI? I am sorry Bro but don't you think this is unusual? Have they sold you odo manipulated demo car?
Old 16th March 2009, 11:05   #5
BHPian

zahir:
Its a nice car in nice color. The angeleyes looks great on it. How good are they when comparing to the stock head lights. In terms of lighting up the street. Your HID is of H4 (high& low) type?
Old 16th March 2009, 11:58   #6
BHPian

Well. A swift diesel delivery in just 15 days!!! sounds fantastic.
previously swift D waiting period was almost 6 months.
So, is the car is having some problem / rejected / test drive vehicle (problems started on day 1) or Swift is loosing its charm!! surprising..!
Old 16th March 2009, 13:33   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
What are source of lights HID or normal Halogen in case of Angel Eyes ?
I'm not quite sure I know what you mean by Source. If you're asking me where I got them from, then that would be Rhyme n Rhythm Mumbai. But there are lots of places you can buy them from. Angel eyes work with xenons as well as halogens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
A brand new car in 15 days when waiting period is anything between 1-2 months. Then pressure plate problem surfaces immediately. Is there something suspicious? Did you check the whole car and underbody as part of PDI? I am sorry Bro but don't you think this is unusual? Have they sold you odo manipulated demo car?
Yeah its unusual and pretty pissing off but I'm pretty positive my cars just lemon'ish rather than a test car. If anyone is to blame, its the PDI incharge who passed tha car. In anycase, its the sad system and consortium rules that ensure no customer will ever EVER get a replacement car, the standard answer is, 'Its under warranty so we'll fix it free. Don't worry sir!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
zahir:
Its a nice car in nice color. The angeleyes looks great on it. How good are they when comparing to the stock head lights. In terms of lighting up the street. Your HID is of H4 (high& low) type?
Thanks man, The lighting is much better, will post pics. The Hids are H1, separate high beam and low beam. Angel eyes don't allow for double filament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well. A swift diesel delivery in just 15 days!!! sounds fantastic.
previously swift D waiting period was almost 6 months.
So, is the car is having some problem / rejected / test drive vehicle (problems started on day 1) or Swift is loosing its charm!! surprising..!
Yeah sales have plummeted due to obvious reasons and I think overall the standard of the company has fallen. Like I said, the engine is cream, everything else, thats another story...

Here are a few more pics. Sorry for the bad resolutions, theres only so much you can do with a BlackBerry...

Swift DDis White-img00112.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00113.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00114.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00119.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00124.jpg

Name:  IMG00092.jpg
Views: 4592
Size:  107.8 KB

Swift DDis White-img00094.jpg

Swift DDis White-img00109.jpg

Last edited by Zahir : 16th March 2009 at 13:42.
Old 16th March 2009, 13:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

congrats !!!
zahir it was bad to hear this that you had probblem with you car the very next day you took the delivery.

querys
1.why pirelli in oe size
2.what kn filter or intake
3.do we get same colour fog bulbs as the hid
Old 16th March 2009, 13:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

zahir, nice colour with nice set of lights,looks cool.sorry to hear your hiccupshopefully its a new car with those niggles you had to face which is rare heard.Drive safe and keep updating with more pics.CHEERS!!
Old 16th March 2009, 14:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
congrats !!!
zahir it was bad to hear this that you had probblem with you car the very next day you took the delivery.

querys
1.why pirelli in oe size
2.what kn filter or intake
3.do we get same colour fog bulbs as the hid
Actually its not oe size, OE on the vdi is 165/70 and those are terrible. 185/70 strikes the right balance of grip without eating into FE. I still manage a 14.5 with Ac on, traffic driving.

Just the regular k&N Performance air filter, apparently, MASS has a tie up and they install it for you. Make sure you get your old filter back.

Yeah, you can install HIDs in your fog lamps. Stick to 4300k, much better than pure white light in our lighting conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
zahir, nice colour with nice set of lights,looks cool.sorry to hear your hiccupshopefully its a new car with those niggles you had to face which is rare heard.Drive safe and keep updating with more pics.CHEERS!!
Yeah, cest le vie man... I will, thanks dude
Old 16th March 2009, 14:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

oe size means 14 inch why not 15 inch,15inch with 195 makes swift look more sporty and good.

i know that we can install hid in the fog,i was asking about the bulb do they come in this colour
Old 16th March 2009, 14:52   #12
BHPian

Color as in white? All xenons are white.... so yes, effectively u can use the same color in your fogs...
Old 16th March 2009, 15:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car. Can you tell me what Pirellis you got on, and for how much?

You do realise that the Extended warranty you got is a Sai Service warranty and not the official MUL warranty. Also, they will have some clause about sticking to the same Insurance company throughout the term of their extended warranty. Also, probably no other dealership is likely to honour that warranty.

I'd be wary of dealers who push aftermarket warranties onto customers.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

zahir zahir i am not talking about normal bulbs not hids bulbs.

and what is this sai service warranty ?
Old 16th March 2009, 16:02   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Congrats on your new car. Can you tell me what Pirellis you got on, and for how much?

You do realise that the Extended warranty you got is a Sai Service warranty and not the official MUL warranty. Also, they will have some clause about sticking to the same Insurance company throughout the term of their extended warranty. Also, probably no other dealership is likely to honour that warranty.

I'd be wary of dealers who push aftermarket warranties onto customers.
Got the pirellis(185/70 14") from International Tyre Service, Opera House. Will PM you his number if you want. Good deal. 9k for 5 tyres after buy back...

Yep, I know that, MUL extended warranty was 4k but SS is one of the best when it comes to service so I took their warranty though it costed twice as much simply because I know I'll end up going to them and more importantly, with the SS warranty, 3&4th year labor is free. MUL, you get charged for labor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
zahir zahir i am not talking about normal bulbs not hids bulbs.

and what is this sai service warranty ?
Aahh ok... sorry man, just wasn't understanding what your were saying. I personally haven't changed my fogs but you do get normal bulbs(halogens) which are white. Yet halogen white isnt ever going to be as white as the hid white. Plus, the high heat output will probably burn your reflectors man...

Last edited by Zahir : 16th March 2009 at 16:05.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks