Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 14:23   #121
BHPian

Ok so 11 months later, I'm done with 15,000 odd kms. Just got the servicing done.

So far....
Engines peppy, its smoothened over the past few months. I follow some very strict regimes with my car, never go over 2200 rpm untill the engines warm. Once warm, I normally run it between 2200 and 2700 rpms.... Car feels very responsive in that range. Occasionally if I find an empty road, I push each gear all the way upto 3.5-4000 rpm with no issues, the engine keeps going and speeds of 130-140 is no biggie for this car. The climb to 160 is slightly time consuming after that and I literally need to milk every gear for what its worth.

The brakes as always, suck, I need to rely heavily on gear checking to control this car especially in traffic and at turns.

From the inside my car looks brand new, outside, its like its a few weeks old. The suspension however is terrible! After the service, it feels ok but that lasts only a few days. Post that you're back to the rattles. Mind you im very careful while driving but it doesn't help. I just crank up the music and ignore it

My Service routine
Always get a brake cleanup, oil change, filter change, engine flush(tho i've been advised against it), tightening, doors. Costed approx 4,000.
Old 16th January 2010, 14:29   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Ok so 11 months later, I'm done with 15,000 odd kms. Just got the servicing done.

So far....
Engines peppy, its smoothened over the past few months. I follow some very strict regimes with my car, never go over 2200 rpm untill the engines warm. Once warm, I normally run it between 2200 and 2700 rpms.... Car feels very responsive in that range. Occasionally if I find an empty road, I push each gear all the way upto 3.5-4000 rpm with no issues, the engine keeps going and speeds of 130-140 is no biggie for this car. The climb to 160 is slightly time consuming after that and I literally need to milk every gear for what its worth.

The brakes as always, suck, I need to rely heavily on gear checking to control this car especially in traffic and at turns.

From the inside my car looks brand new, outside, its like its a few weeks old. The suspension however is terrible! After the service, it feels ok but that lasts only a few days. Post that you're back to the rattles. Mind you im very careful while driving but it doesn't help. I just crank up the music and ignore it

My Service routine
Always get a brake cleanup, oil change, filter change, engine flush(tho i've been advised against it), tightening, doors. Costed approx 4,000.
actually the brakes arent all that bad dude!
I feel these are the best non-ABS brakes this side of 6 lacs.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:39   #123
BHPian

Yesterday My vdi crossed 5K. Its a great car with some niggles(rattles to be precise).
The engine is very revvy for a diesel. Yesterday i touched the redline in third gear. It was ~120kph.
Old 9th August 2013, 19:09   #124
BHPian

Re: Swift DDis White

So comes the end of a great 4.5 years. Sold my Vdi 4 weeks ago. Not a bad price too. 3.6l. Beautiful car, I almost didn't want to let it go. Served me really well but it was time for an upgrade.

Booked and picked up an i20 Asta CRDI this week.

So long old friend, great run!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks