Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 11:36   #1
BHPian

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report

Hello All,

I thought I would post my experience on the Fiat Linea as well. I booked the car with BU Bhandari, Pune in the last week of January and was promised delivery in 2 - 3 weeks. I was going out of town for 3 weeks from the middle of February and was promised delivery of the car before I left.

The salesperson was extremely knowledgeable, courteous, etc. during the test drive and booking process. However he never followed up or called back at promised times.

Once two weeks were up I called the dealer and he said delivery might be delayed but he is confident he will be able to get it to me before I leave. After several calls and e-mails of following up from my end it became obvious the car would not come before I left for my trip.

I requested the dealer to cancel the booking and refund the money. He asked me to send him an e-mail and he would take care of it. Unfortunately I didn't get time to e-mail him before I left. In the first week of March when I came back from my trip I e-mailed him requested a refund. Since I didn't hear back I followed up with a phone call. The dealer promised me delivery in 2 - 3 days if I kept the booking. Based on this I decided not to cancel it.

Several "2-3" days passed and I still did not receive delivery. All this while I was having to badger the sales person with phone calls. He was very courteous the whole time but kept feeding me the same BS. He then gave me the contact information for some one at Tata and told me to speak to him directly.

I called the number he provided but the phone was not answered. I then e-mailed tata motors and fiat through their website. Tata Motors responded back within 1 day and gave me the number of the regional teritory manager.

I spoke to him several times as well and he too promised me delivery in "2-3" days but after several "2-3" days had passed I started getting frustrated and e-mailed 4 - 5 people at Fiat, India. Unfortunately nothing at all came from it.

I let the teritory manager have it and once again requested a refund. This time I was told the car has been dispatced and they gave me the engine/chassis number a day later.

I had pretty much decided to cancel the car and go ahead with a Skoda Laura (had booked a test drive but decided to cancel it after Harish's thread). Since Skoda was out and I really like the Linea I decided to go ahead with it despite of the shabby treatment from Tata/Fiat. I plan on e-mail a bunch of people at Tata/Fiat again regarding my case. Lets see if any one responds.

I've had the car for little over a week now. It's been great to drive. In Pune traffic you really can't tell that it's under powered !! It also does a great job in absorbing the bumps, craters, etc. on the road. The drivers seat position is a little ackward but hopefully I'll get used to it in time. The rear seat is a little cramped but comfortable over all. The boot space is amazing. The A/C is good.

Will post pictures soon.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:43   #2
BHPian

Congrats!!

Do send a detailed mail about delays to Fiat - you shouldn't let it go casually. Do ask for some freebies since they kept your money for so long!
Old 9th April 2009, 12:56   #3
BHPian

Congratulations ! Eagerly waiting for the pics & initial ride feedback ...
Old 9th April 2009, 13:09   #4
capri_cap

Congrats mate. Waiting for the pics to come.

Old 9th April 2009, 13:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

The Linea's a very good looking automobile, especially in black. But except the last paragraph, this isnt much of a test drive/ownership review. When do we get the ownership experience/pics?

Also, sorry to know about your experience with Tata. Wish the matter gets resolved sooner (although now that you've taken the car, I think they'll just sit on the issue until you're too tired to follow up any more).
Do keep us updated.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:16   #6
BHPian

Congrats!!

Like Manish said, do follow up with FIAT regarding the poor delivery timing and response. A lot of members have been through the same rigmarole. Shame to see that the dealers and the manufacturer are both ruining the buying experience of the Linea, which is supposed to be FIAT's saving grace.

Some pics would be nice too.
Enjoy !
Old 9th April 2009, 13:47   #7
BHPian

Congratulations CarsPG for owning a beautiful car. Welcome to the Fiat family. Please do post the pics and some detail reports on actual economy and driving experiences.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its raining lineas all around. The petrol is a decent performer, and the car of course is stunning. Pics?
Old 9th April 2009, 13:58   #9
BHPian

Black will look awesome on Linea.

Congrats buddy.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

congrats for the car buddy.
Enjoy your ride
Pics please
Its a shame that in spite of making good cars, the dealers are again a let down.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:03   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I've had the car for little over a week now. It's been great to drive. In Pune traffic you really can't tell that it's under powered !! It also does a great job in absorbing the bumps, craters, etc. on the road. The drivers seat position is a little ackward but hopefully I'll get used to it in time. The rear seat is a little cramped but comfortable over all. The boot space is amazing. The A/C is good.

Will post pictures soon.
Congrads on your purchase. Thanks for clearing up on the first ownership impressions. Someone I know was contemplating buying this same trim.

Sorry for the infamous question, but I am sure he would like to know - Mileage kitna saab??

I guess its a learning for each of us that we should never take a word on the Dealers deliver date. If you cannot wait, pay only when you see the piece in their garage.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pal! You had a harrowing time to get your Linea delivered!
Looke like Fiat couldn't cope up with the unexpected demand for E+ models.

I guess the car will make-up for it
Old 9th April 2009, 14:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

WoW! Linea Rain here on TBHP

Congrats & all the best!
Old 9th April 2009, 14:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

COngrats mate!
So many new LInea's recently is a pleasure to see here.
I was feeling bad for you to wait so much time to get your hands on it.

I feel Fiat was not expecting so many initial bookings and hence the delay to many owners.
Still do follow up with this FIat and TATA. SPecially Tata cos as per my experience with them they do responsd fast.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 9th April 2009, 15:08   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Congrats!!

Do send a detailed mail about delays to Fiat - you shouldn't let it go casually. Do ask for some freebies since they kept your money for so long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Congrats!!

Like Manish said, do follow up with FIAT regarding the poor delivery timing and response. A lot of members have been through the same rigmarole. Shame to see that the dealers and the manufacturer are both ruining the buying experience of the Linea, which is supposed to be FIAT's saving grace.

Some pics would be nice too.
Enjoy !
Thanks. I will e-mail Fiat but I doubt anything will come of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Congratulations ! Eagerly waiting for the
pics & initial ride feedback ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Congrats mate. Waiting for the pics to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Congratulations CarsPG for owning a beautiful car. Welcome to the Fiat family. Please do post the pics and some detail reports on actual economy and driving experiences.
Will do it soon :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
The Linea's a very good looking automobile, especially in black. But except the last paragraph, this isnt much of a test drive/ownership review. When do we get the ownership experience/pics?

Also, sorry to know about your experience with Tata. Wish the matter gets resolved sooner (although now that you've taken the car, I think they'll just sit on the issue until you're too tired to follow up any more).
Do keep us updated.
The pics review will come soon!
Yep, knowing Tata and Fiat I full expect them to ignore my e-mail(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Congrats. Its raining lineas all around. The petrol is a decent performer, and the car of course is stunning. Pics?
I have the diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Black will look awesome on Linea.

Congrats buddy.
Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks