Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 17:40   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Well I have e-mailed Fiat. I suggested to them that if possible I want to meet some one from Tata/Fiat personally and we can take my car for a test drive.

Will post when/if I hear back.
Let's hope things get better. I met Mr. Nitin from the sales yesterday and he insisted that he hasn't heard anything from you and is not aware of any problems faced by you.
Old 19th June 2009, 17:16   #137
BHPian

Since Nitin is only a salesperson I haven't spoken to him about the problems I have been facing. Doubt he would be able to help in any case! I did contact him about a month ago about my RC book but haven't heard from him.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:19   #138
BHPian

I've completed 9,000 kms so far. Minor rattling sounds still exist but I can live with them. The only two major complaints I have is the rattling from the rear parcel tray and the scratches on the back bumper. The seat cover on the drivers seat has become loose again and the seat mechanism doesn't stay up but again these are minor issues. Overall I'm quite happy with the car. Stability is great and often I reach 110 (the speed I have set the buzzer at) without even realizing. Mileage has been great from day one. Power has been adequate for me 99+ % of the times.

Now the kicker. I just got a call from the Bu Bhandari works GM checking up on the car. I told him about the bumper & rattling. We agreed that we will get it fixed during the first service. At the rate at which I am racking up the kms that should be by end September at the latest! It was a very pleasant conversation. He's going to call me again when some person from Fiat is there so we can discuss the rattling and seat adjustment issue. Seems like some other customer was having some issues so the guy from Fiat is coming.

One thing I can say for sure is that Fiat is trying. It'll be interesting to see if Fiat continues to be so customer oriented in a year or two from now when so many more Linea/Punto's will be on the road. Hopefully they will have gotten all the minor issues rectified by now so that new Linea/Punto owners don't have to suffer. The Rs. 25,000 or so price increase since launch is hopefully enough for them to do that and still increase margins!
Old 16th July 2009, 15:27   #139
BHPian

CarsPG/Manish7

I am from Pune too, and very inclined to the Linea. Also inclined towards Bhandari rather than Pandit. What do you say?
Old 16th July 2009, 16:06   #140
BHPian

Hello Pragmites. From a sales perspective I doubt there is any difference. Are both offering the same price? When I was buying my car B.U. was a bit expensive. One the service side I think B.U. Bhandari has come a long way and is genuinely trying. Their works GM Mr. Gopal is certainly very passionate about cars. Most of his Fiat service staff are pretty good too.

Last edited by CarsPG : 16th July 2009 at 16:09.
Old 16th July 2009, 16:16   #141
BHPian

CarsPG
Both are exactly the same in price. I have been trying to play one against the other with zero success. I am inclined towards Bhandari because I did buy an Indica from them 10 years ago and the A** was not too bad. So better the devil you know. I think ( but not sure) that Gopal was with them then too.
Thanks for your input
Old 16th July 2009, 16:46   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I've completed 9,000 kms so far.
Hey Piyush

You're logging km's pretty fast. Seems you've started travelling more & started enjying the beauty !!
Any long drives done?
Old 17th July 2009, 12:24   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
CarsPG
Both are exactly the same in price. I have been trying to play one against the other with zero success. I am inclined towards Bhandari because I did buy an Indica from them 10 years ago and the A** was not too bad. So better the devil you know. I think ( but not sure) that Gopal was with them then too.
Thanks for your input
You're welcome. Good luck with the purchase. Feel free to post here or PM me if you want any more info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Hey Piyush

You're logging km's pretty fast. Seems you've started travelling more & started enjying the beauty !!
Any long drives done?
Yah. Actually I've completed 9500+ kms already! 10,000 kms will be done by this weekend.

Other than Pune-Bombay no long drives done. I make about 2 trips to Bombay a month. Plus my daily commute is 50 kms!
Old 17th July 2009, 12:37   #144
BHPian

Quote:
CarsPG/Manish7

I am from Pune too, and very inclined to the Linea. Also inclined towards Bhandari rather than Pandit. What do you say?
Well, BUB is more convenient for me as well, but my family had pathetic experience with BUB A.S.S. when he was a Kinetic dealer. But I have no experience of Pandit either, except that he was very nice to invite me for GP launch. I haven't heard back from BUB ever despite my GP & Linea inquiry. As a thumb rule, service would be great while purchasing but it's during issue resolving the class will show. I met Mr. Gopal with Piyush only for 15 mins and found him way too agressive for my liking. He was trying to blame Piyush's driver for some rattling and in his opinion general Linea drivers/users/owners are poor as they don't know how to push bonnet lever etc. and hence the lever are breaking. I didn't like his *typical* attitude of blaming owners instead of accepting responsibility for poor plastics in Linea, a known fact by now. This was my preliminary assessment about him as GM of BUB service while he was discussing stuff with Piyush for 15-20 mins. Didn't like him at all, if he talks to me in that tone or with that attitude, I am likely to blast him. Obviously, Piyush has had more interaction with them so his assessment should be more valid.

I have no data/input on Pandit though as I haven't had chance to interact with their service people. The location of Pandit (near Swargate) makes it pain to even commute or take car there. The are is overcrowded with no place to park. I had to hunt for parking place for 30 mins to park my car when I was invited for GP launch.

Last edited by manish7 : 17th July 2009 at 12:41.
Old 17th July 2009, 13:44   #145
BHPian

Manish
Well you don't hear back from Bhandari or Pandit. Even after they know I am on the verge of buying. And I agree reaching Pandit is a pain.

So I guess it's between the devil and the deep blue sea...or no Linea!
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:51   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Well, BUB is more convenient for me as well, but my family had pathetic experience with BUB A.S.S. when he was a Kinetic dealer. But I have no experience of Pandit either, except that he was very nice to invite me for GP launch. I haven't heard back from BUB ever despite my GP & Linea inquiry. As a thumb rule, service would be great while purchasing but it's during issue resolving the class will show. I met Mr. Gopal with Piyush only for 15 mins and found him way too agressive for my liking. He was trying to blame Piyush's driver for some rattling and in his opinion general Linea drivers/users/owners are poor as they don't know how to push bonnet lever etc. and hence the lever are breaking. I didn't like his *typical* attitude of blaming owners instead of accepting responsibility for poor plastics in Linea, a known fact by now. This was my preliminary assessment about him as GM of BUB service while he was discussing stuff with Piyush for 15-20 mins. Didn't like him at all, if he talks to me in that tone or with that attitude, I am likely to blast him. Obviously, Piyush has had more interaction with them so his assessment should be more valid.

I have no data/input on Pandit though as I haven't had chance to interact with their service people. The location of Pandit (near Swargate) makes it pain to even commute or take car there. The are is overcrowded with no place to park. I had to hunt for parking place for 30 mins to park my car when I was invited for GP launch.
I agree he is a little agressive but he gets the job done and that's what matters to me at the end of the day. Honestly after my initial negative experiences with the workshop I was considering shifting to another workshop but am quite satisfied now. I haven't visited Pandit for A.S.S. so I'm not sure if they are any better or worse!

From a sales perspective B.U. (at least my sales guy) is way worse. He never ever follows up. If I call him up for something (RC book, etc) he says he will get back to me but never will. Things finally moved when I e-mailed the owner of the workshop. Pandit was much more responsive when I had called them prior to buying my car. The only reason I bought from B.U. was that he was promising (did not happen) a faster delivery date!

Quote:
Manish
Well you don't hear back from Bhandari or Pandit. Even after they know I am on the verge of buying. And I agree reaching Pandit is a pain.

So I guess it's between the devil and the deep blue sea...or no Linea!
Agreed! If you are going to buy from B.U. Bhandari try to avoid my sales guy. I'm sure the others will be at least on par if not better.
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:04   #147
BHPian

On the last lap now. Finalized on B U Bhandari, more for the convenience and my previous satisfactory ( but not great) A** experience with them for my Indica. My sales guy is great when I am at the showroom, but not at all proactive. Over the last couple of days he has been following up a bit more. Discounts to be agreed before I close the deal.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:30   #148
BHPian

Congratulations . Feel free to post here or PM if you have any questions or if I can help in any way! Keep at the B.U. Bhandari people and make sure you get everything in writing (discounts, delivery date, etc.)
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:15   #149
BHPian

Pragmites,

Check out this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1396585

Seems like Pandit/BU Bhandari are both the same.
Old 24th August 2009, 16:20   #150
BHPian

After several more Bombay - Pune trips I've clocked almost 13,500 kms on my car already ! It's a good thing I went with a diesel car.

While driving on the expressway earlier today all the lights on the dashboard came on suddenly 2 - 3 times. They were gone in a couple of seconds and the car was driving normally. The other odd thing was that the MP3 player paused automatically everytime I flashed my headlights. This has never happened before. Seems like some electrical problems. Hopefully the issues don't get worse before I have to take it for my 15,000 km service.

Mileage has been excellent. No complaint on this front. Pick up has been good too. I have no problem in climbing up the ghats in fourth and sometimes even in fifth. It feels a little underpowered in the city at times but most of the times it is more than adequate!

As far as the minor issues are concerned. The rear parcel tray is still rattling. Rear seatbelt buckel doesn't work. Quarter glass chrome beeding has come out.

Most Viewed