Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 14:28   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Which light are you talking about? By any chance, talking about the display background light. You could reduce the contrast if you wish. When the head lamps are on, you press the +/_ on the right of the menu (i.e. on the left of the beam/fog lamp buttons).
It's basically all the warning/indicator lights (oil, battery, fog lamps, head light, door open) etc.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:12   #167
BHPian

Niggling issues: I do face it in my Linea

Linea: Dynamic, 6 months old, 10000kms done.

Minor issues:
Glove box not closing properly, Opens up if you drive on a rough patch of road. Corrected it three times, but the issue comes up again!!!

Huge "Tic Tac" sound from the front even when driving on smooth tarmac. Happened in the first month itself. Changed the "Link Rail" or "Link Rod" (Not sure about the name ) and the now its smooth.

Rattling sound from the front two doors while closing. But hardly audible while driving. Not much of a concern.

Biggest issue:
Letters of "Dynamic" badging at the rear coming off.
Ripped of the entire badging and then stuck it with "Super Glue"...

Apart from these, its simply an awesome car.
Bought it on Feb 26, Silver Color, Changed the horizontal mesh in the nose grill to Black, now only vertical chrome lines.

Sound System: Panasonic DivX, DVD player, JBL speakers, amp and 12" sub.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:33   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Huge "Tic Tac" sound from the front even when driving on smooth tarmac. Happened in the first month itself. Changed the "Link Rail" or "Link Rod" (Not sure about the name ) and the now its smooth
our very own sathya too experienced the same problem .just check his thread
Old 28th August 2009, 16:32   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post

Minor issues:
Glove box not closing properly, Opens up if you drive on a rough patch of road. Corrected it three times, but the issue comes up again!!!

Huge "Tic Tac" sound from the front even when driving on smooth tarmac. Happened in the first month itself. Changed the "Link Rail" or "Link Rod" (Not sure about the name ) and the now its smooth.

Rattling sound from the front two doors while closing. But hardly audible while driving. Not much of a concern.

Biggest issue:

Bought it on Feb 26, Silver Color, Changed the horizontal mesh in the nose grill to Black, now only vertical chrome lines.

Hey sandeep Congrats for buying a real italian beauty.
Post some interior snaps,especially your sound System.
Old 29th August 2009, 10:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Minor issues:

Biggest issue:

Glad to hear that you are not having any major issues! How is the music system? Since the E+ came with a music system I didn't make any changes to it! Your's might be one of the first Linea's on the forum

Last edited by CarsPG : 29th August 2009 at 10:56.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:06   #171
BHPian

Yeah bought on Feb 26th... not sure whether i am in the first lot of TBHP linea's . I was so addicted to this car and has been driving it, that i forgot to post it in TBHP. .
Sound system is excellent. I had the option of listening to Pioneer and Panasonic, and i loved Panasonic.

Planning to change to alloys, 98 pcd available from Neo wheels (Extreme). But also thinking of waiting a bit more, for new designs from other companies will be launched too.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:55   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah bought on Feb 26th... not sure whether i am in the first lot of TBHP linea's . I was so addicted to this car and has been driving it, that i forgot to post it in TBHP. .
Sound system is excellent. I had the option of listening to Pioneer and Panasonic, and i loved Panasonic.

Planning to change to alloys, 98 pcd available from Neo wheels (Extreme). But also thinking of waiting a bit more, for new designs from other companies will be launched too.
Sounds good. Post some pictures of the system and alloys (when you get them) when you have the chance!
Old 9th September 2009, 12:43   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Sounds good. Post some pictures of the system and alloys (when you get them) when you have the chance!
The system that went into my Linea.....

Panasonic CQ-DX200
JBL GT5-A604 AMP
JBL 12" 1100W Woofer Tube,
JBL Speakers - Front: GTO608C 6-1/2", Back :GTO428 4".

Will update with actual pictures after taking some good snaps.

I haven't changed the wheels though, still waiting for more designs to come out and choose from!
Attached Thumbnails
Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-panasonic-cqdx200.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-front-gto608c.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-back-gto428.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-12_1100w_tube.jpg  

Black Fiat Linea MJD E+ NOW: 15K Report-jbl-gt5a604-.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 13:33   #174
BHPian

15K Service

My linea completed 15 K kms a few weeks and I sent it for the 2nd service. I also had a minor accident so asked them to repair that under insurance.

Sent the car on a Monday morning and told them I must have it on Friday as I was going out of town on Saturday morning.

I gave them the following list -

1. 15 K service

2. Front seat covers are loose

3. Rattling from rear parcel tray

4. Dent repair work under passenger side door – insurance.

5. Check electronics/battery – All the warning lights light up sometimes while the car is in motion. Also the trip computer gets reset randomly.

6. MP3 player not working. The USB chord does not fight tightly in to the connector and the system recognizes only one song though there are multiple songs on the drive/mp3 player.

7. Bonnet opening lever is loose.

8. Quarter glass chrome strip has fallen out.

9. Fuel tank cover is tight.

10. Boot is tight. Doesn’t shut easily.

11. Rear seat belt behind driver doesn’t clasp.

The service advisor called me shortly after the car reached there. I told him to take the list of action items from the works gm. He asked me if I wanted to used Mobil1 or Selenia and I insisted that he should use Selenia only.

I tried following up with Mr. Gopal from Wednesday but he was out of the workshop a lot and didn't revert back with an update. I was also not given the loaner that he had promised.

I finally got hold of him on Thursday and told him I must have the car back on Friday. He comitted that he will take care of that. Again on Friday I had a hard time getting hold of him. Finally received a call at 7:00 pm on Friday from one of works managers. He said the car still has some minor work left and they will get it to me by 10:00 am on Saturday morning. Since I had to leave at 11:00 am this worked for me. Unfortunately the car did not reach till after 12:00 pm and I had to delay my trip by several hours. Several phone calls and smses to Mr. Gopal but I still couldn't get hold of him.

Since I was in a hurry I didn't have a lot of time to check on the car but it looked like the major items were taken care of. Unfortunately as is usually the case a lot of the minor items were not fixed. I also realized that my bill stated Exxon Mobil 15W40 Engine oil . I finally got hold of Mr. Gopal on Tuesday and he said he has used Mobil1 and not Exxon Mobil 15W40 as was mentioned on the bill. He also stated this would have no impact on my warranty.

To allay my fears Mr. Gopal agreed to come meet me at my office with the paperwork to prove that they have used Mobil1 0W40 . He was very pleasant during the meeting and assured me that there will be no impact on my warranty. I asked him to have Fiat send me this in an e-mail so I have it for future reference. He called some one from Fiat and they said that they will not be able to send such a letter. Mr. Gopal said he would send one and it would suffice. I e-mailed/msged/called him almost every day for 3 weeks after which I finally received the letter. He said his e-mail was down and hence the delay. I've tried calling/e-mailing Fiat to confirm with them about my warranty but haven't heard back from them yet.

I will say this that whenever I've been able to reach Mr. Gopal he has been very pleasant and nice but invariably he will not be available when he has made a timing commitment. He even went out of his way and bought some fevikwik to fix some plastic in my car that was coming loose which was very nice of him.

Now back to the service

1. 15 K service

Done. Wrong oil used.

2. Front seat covers are loose

Not done. Issue has existed since the day I bought by seat covers. I now feel I wasted Rs. 7 K buying it from the dealer. I have insisted that they either fix them or change them.

3. Rattling from rear parcel tray

Not done. Issue has existed since the first month of ownership. I have requested them to change the tray.

4. Dent repair work under passenger side door – insurance.

Done. No complaints here.

5. Check electronicsbattery – All the warning lights light up sometimes while the car is in motion. Also the trip computer gets reset randomly.

Done

6. MP3 player not working. The USB chord does not fight tightly in to the connector and the system recognizes only one song though there are multiple songs on the drivemp3 player.

USB connector is broken :(. Part not in stock. Mr. Gopal said he would try to get it done under warranty. Seems like another filmsy Fiat part. Since only I use this I know it has been treated gently.

7. Bonnet opening lever is loose.

Done

8. Quarter glass chrome strip has fallen out.

Was done but since then the same strip has fallen out again. Luckily it fell off in my parking so I have the strip.

9. Fuel tank cover is tight.

It is still tight

10. Boot is tight. Doesn’t shut easily.

Done. This is perfect now.

11. Rear seat belt behind driver doesn’t clasp.

Done.

I was charged for wheel alignment (Rs. 300) and wheel balancing (Rs. 284 including wheel weights). Is this normal? I was under the impression that wheel alignment is part of the free service.

I've spoken to Mr. Gopal about all the pending issues and hopefully will get them rectified soon. Hopefully Fiat will calle-mail me back in regards to my warranty. I wanted to wait a while to post my experience so I could post the conclusion.

Overall I'm satisfied with the car but I'm not satisfied with Tata-Fiat A.S.S and Fiat follow up. If Tata-Fiat can improve their A.S.S the Linea can easily sell 1500+ units a month vs. the under 1000 she is currently doing.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to give all my views (both good and bad).

Last edited by CarsPG : 9th October 2009 at 13:36.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:09   #175
BHPian

Mods - Can you change the title to:

"Black Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pack - 15 K report"
Old 9th October 2009, 18:52   #176
BHPian

Which A** did you go to? Pandit or BU Bhandari?
Old 9th October 2009, 19:37   #177
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
sub.
Hey Sandeep buddy, I think we have met before . is yours a Minimal grey Linea? You working in UST-technopark?
Old 10th October 2009, 11:57   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Which A** did you go to? Pandit or BU Bhandari?
BU Bhandari. It's been to them about 8 - 10 times in the last 6 months
Old 10th October 2009, 12:31   #179
BHPian

@CarsPG:

The initial lot of Lineas did have a lof of teething problems. Trust me when I say that these problems are more or less resolved. Hopefully you will get all the problems resolved very soon.

Regards,
Ashish
Old 10th October 2009, 14:20   #180
BHPian

Seems like these TATA guys still not 100% when it comes to servicing Fiat cars. It's better to stay there when we go for service, as they seem to be doing naughty stuff everytime.

hey, buy fevibond and stick it yourself. It works for us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks