Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 09:33   #121
BHPian

I heard back from the workshop's GM yesterday afternoon. He said he will bring the car to me at 4:30 pm which I agreed to. He then called at 4:00 pm saying due to somee union issues etc he will get late and will bring the car to me at 6:00 pm. I told him I can swing by now and pick it up be said it will be better if he delivers it. Don't hear back till 7:15 when the workshop driver calls me to tell me he is on his way. I got the car back at 8:00 pm.

Since it's 8:00 pm and I'm just about leaving for dinner I don't have time to check the car. I sign the receipt and note that :1. Car has not been checked by me. 2. It is dirty. 3. Has no diesel even though I gave it with close to half a tank.

Will go down now and check it properly. I did notice that that the seat belt cover on side is still broken and on the other side it is now loose.

Will post my findings once I check out my car later today.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:21   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Will post my findings once I check out my car later today.
what is the update mate ? have they resolved the niggling issues you had given the car to them for ?

they have had joy rides in your car and have used up your diesel . 5 days if they have kept the car with them you should be taking this up seriously and do a Tank full at their expense.
Old 14th June 2009, 16:42   #123
BHPian

I have driven the car for only 10 kms so far. Looks like most (if not all) the sounds have been fixed. However the last time too they had fixed them but they came in within a week!

Also a few issues I have seen already

1. Car is extremely dirty from outside and inside
2. Looks like they have banged my back bumper and it has several small scratches
3. The paint on one side has become extremely rough. I guess while fixing the small scratches from last time they might have used some solution that flew on to the other door(s)

Surprisingly the works gm smsed me and asked me if everything was fine. I told him about the above issues and the seat belt cover.
Old 14th June 2009, 16:59   #124
Senior - BHPian

@ Carspg.

1. Agree it shouldnt have been dirty but then now i think that your service centre is the worst of the lot which cant even clean the car. try Pandit next time if you can.

2. Banged the rear bumper bad bad. Ask that GM why are there so many scratches on the bumper.

3. The paint thing will get sorted out. Must not be a big issue.

Good news is that rattles have gone and lets wait for some days and see that they resurface or not.
Am amazed that that man smsed you to ask if everything is ok, had some courtesy left.
Old 15th June 2009, 09:51   #125
Senior - BHPian

It is a norm at tata motors to make the car dirty when given for service. It happened to my car too. See my car thread. Just take a few pics and take the CRM's brain out.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:30   #126
BHPian

Peeyush - please PM me your number, so that we can talk. I am definitely avoiding BU Bhandari if/when I decide to purchase my Linea or GP.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:40   #127
BANNED

Quote:
I have driven the car for only 10 kms so far. Looks like most (if not all) the sounds have been fixed. However the last time too they had fixed them but they came in within a week!

Also a few issues I have seen already

1. Car is extremely dirty from outside and inside
2. Looks like they have banged my back bumper and it has several small scratches
3. The paint on one side has become extremely rough. I guess while fixing the small scratches from last time they might have used some solution that flew on to the other door(s)

Surprisingly the works gm smsed me and asked me if everything was fine. I told him about the above issues and the seat belt cover.
Pls post pics of rear bumper. If you have earlier pics of rear bumper without scratch, pls post them also.
Yday I had discussed your case with the Corporate Quality Manager & requested him to look into it. He was telling me that they've sorted out a similar case from B U Bhandari - we were not sure though that whether it was your car itself or he is talking about someone else.

Surprisingly, my service station always give me car duly washed - exteriors, Interiors & underbody every time I visit them for whatever small work.

If I remember correctly - were it you who mentioned issue with seat height adjuster & Fiat told you that the assembly got damaged probably when you fixed the seat covers & they've agreed to change it free of cost. I discussed this also with Fiat Manager yday. Was it in your car? if yes, what's the status - have they changed it?
Old 15th June 2009, 11:35   #128
BHPian

Drove the car some more today. Most of the rattles are gone. Unfortunately two of them still persist. One has been present since the first week of purchasing. To fix it they told me they were changing the door hinges. The other seems like it is coming from the rear some where. Honestly I'm very glad that most of the rattling and squeaking sounds have gone. Have my fingers crossed that they will not come back.

Received a repsonse to my e-mail to ceodesk. He(they) mention that they are deputing some one to personally look after my case! Hopefully that will mean that I won't face too many issues in the past!

coolboy007 - I'm quite sure they will fix the bumper without much fight. They had fixed the earlier scratches that they had caused too!

geeash - Sad to hear that they always return your car dirty as well.

manish7 - Will send you a pm later and call you. We can probably meeting in the evening today at around 7:30 pm or so.

VP - I will post pictures soon. Actually was planning to take pictures but dropped my camera and now the pictures are all hazy. Looks like modern art, lol!!

They claim that they have fixed/replaced the mechanism since the seat covers were fitted at the dealer itself. Guess I will find out in a couple of days. Also as others have posted it is almost impossible to get out of the seat without accidently touching the height adjust lever!!

I'm guessing Quality Manager was talking about my car since BU Bhandari has told me it's the only which they've had so many issues!

Thanks a lot to every one for all the support!
Old 15th June 2009, 11:57   #129
BHPian

Quote:
I'm guessing Quality Manager was talking about my car since BU Bhandari has told me it's the only which they've had so many issues!
Well, that's a standard dealer trick, don't fall prey to that. It could be only you, but don't just their word for it. I had heard that from Kinetic while we were facing so many issues with our Flyte, and I confronted him with 3 Flytes with owner names; he was baffled and angrily said why don't you just follow with the company for poor quality vehicles and defended that he was only a dealer and providing service.

I sincerely hope/pray that alll your issues are resolved soon and you enhoy your Linea. Let's see if we can meet up today.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:55   #130
BHPian

Just curious, what IS a rattle?

Are these faint sounds that you hear inside the car, eventhough one is driving on a smooth road?
Old 15th June 2009, 15:33   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Are these faint sounds that you hear inside the car, eventhough one is driving on a smooth road?
Quote:
Rattle may mean:
Rattle (percussion)
RATTLE magazine, an American poetry journal
Bird-scaring rattle, a Slovene device used to drive birds off vineyards and a folk instrument
Football rattle, a noisy version of the ratchet for showing approval, used by sports fans
Death rattle
Rhinanthus, a genus of plants
Rattle, Derbyshire, a hamlet in England
The Rattles, German rock band who recorded an upbeat version of "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah" in the 1960's also famous for their 1970 hit "The Witch"
from wiki.
Yes . They are the faint abnormal sounds which are heard in the car. And not necessarily to occur on a smooth road. If u hear a some sort of a noise just like coins in a can when travelling in a bumpy road it is also a rattle.

Last edited by geeash : 15th June 2009 at 15:43.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

Hearing some strange noise from the car while driving other than usual noises are classified as RATTLING
Old 17th June 2009, 12:04   #133
BHPian

I was showing my Linea to Manish7 on Monday. Since the BU Bhandari showroom was convenient for both of us we met right outside it. While showing him the car I bumped in to the workshop GM and told him about the issues I was still facing. He told me to send my car for a few hours on Tuesday and he would get them taken care of.

The main issues were

1. Two rattling sounds still coming
2. Bumper painting
3. Car delivered dirty.

From the above he was able to fix one rattling sound. The other sound is coming from the parcel tray and he said he cannot do anything about that. They painted the scratches with a paint brush which is looking terrible. Car was cleaned properly.

I have e-mailed Fiat in regards to the bumper painting and parcel tray rattling.
Old 17th June 2009, 15:26   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he said he cannot do anything about that
That's the same reply i got from the linea advisor when he scratched my car during service. After the mail he changed his attitude.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:30   #135
BHPian

Well I have e-mailed Fiat. I suggested to them that if possible I want to meet some one from Tata/Fiat personally and we can take my car for a test drive.

Will post when/if I hear back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks