Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 13:10   #166
BHPian

Yes the service techs seem to be rough and lack professionalism/skills. (maybe because they are servicing low-end cars too). I also felt the same about maruti serice guys too.

For my petrol Linea, which had "oil pressure insufficient warning" problem, they were trying to connect the engine examiner.
He casually connected it and was merrily choosing 1.3MJD.
I was watching the screen and quickly pointed out that its the wrong engine, he said "ohh this is petrol?" and selected FIRE 1.4.

Also the whole place had lot of cars and can easily expect scratches as there were so many cars parked in tight spots and they were being moved from service to washing etc.
Their driving/handling of cars was aggressive. Again same observation at maruti also.
Have to see how my 1st service experience goes.

As far as cleaning the interior plastics/ tyre dressing and all, I don't know.
I have a zen and they just wash the exterior, vacuum the interior and give me. I thought that was the norm. I paid 500rs extra last time to get interiors cleaned.
Are they supposed to clean the dashboard etc, dress the tyres etc on say an SX4?

Last edited by neotraveller : 5th June 2009 at 13:20.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

It's sad to know that Fiat's service is still pathetic. I had hoped they would have taken trouble to sort out these issues before the Linea launch. It was supposed to be a brand new start for them. But looks like old habits die hard.
Old 5th June 2009, 14:59   #168
BHPian

Dear all,
I am in a big dilemma on whether to go for Linea or not with these posts of after sales service of Fiat/Tata. Moreover, I am still trying to get a Linea for test drive for more than a month. I need the same in my place to check the fitment in my car park. I have a slightly cramped parking area. I called up the toll free number at least 5 times in last 5-6 weeks and every time they politely replied that it will be done in 72 hrs and I have received SMS on a person X will arrange the test drive. That person X never bothered to call me or returned my calls.
Looks like TATA is taking FIAT for a royal ride with substandard Sales and after sales support. On top of it there are niggling issues on Linea as many people has posted. If somebody says he took the new vehicle 5 times to workshop, that doesn't show a good sign. Its understandable and manageable if the workshop is upto the mark.
But, even with all these, its a real beauty, I can't take eyes off her and can't think of a better looking car in this segment and above.

Regards

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th June 2009 at 15:15. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before Proceeding, Thanks
Old 5th June 2009, 15:02   #169
Senior - BHPian

I have made up my mind that i wont visit my dealer's workshop for sure. Some dealers will never change whereas some are good too.

When i took delivery of my car, the dealer forgot to give me the code card of my car and mixed it up with other code cards that were lying with him,then i went to the workshop to see and get which card was mine.
As soon as i entered, they took the keys from my hand (dad was with me too) and took my 250 kms run Linea schumacher style in the service bay very aggresively I wanted to give 2-3 slaps to that SA.
Dad told him that drive the car like a man and not an animal, he said "sir hum toh aise hi chalate hain" so i told him that when you will spend 8 lacs of your hard earned money on a car then yoo wont say this dialogue. That shut him up.
I was not offered even a glass of water (even if i was in service bay its their duty to provide atleast water to me). Then said that the FIAT mechanic has gone home, i shouted at them that i have come here driving 25 kms one side, then they kept talking to him on mobile and they connected the scanner and told me "sir yeah 10 lacs ka hai, pataa hai aapko"? I told him that its a tech2 or a vagcom scanner and you should know that if i know it (thanks to Tbhp). They handed over the 1st out of 5 cards there and told me this is yours, still dont know whether its my card or not, am not sure.

RAMA motors, okhla has earned a good reputation. My friend went there with his Linea and was attened as soon as he entered, he was offered water, seating, they fixed the headrests on his car within minutes.

Conclusion: Its our job as a fiat owner to find a good service centre on our own or the end result will be

P.S Linea owners, are you getting the engine oil changed (forced change from customer) in your Lineas or not? Am still in a dilemma whether to change oil or not?

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th June 2009 at 15:15. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before Proceeding, Thanks
Old 5th June 2009, 16:35   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am in a big dilemma on whether to go for Linea or not with these posts of after sales service of Fiat/Tata
Go for it mate. It is indeed a good car and one off bad a.s.s only for a couple others like me. The fact is that though they have scratched the car in a couple of places and have not washed the car properly, they have fixed all the niggling issues i had reported and done the first service properly. And the car is running smoother now when compared to earlier. They have greased the hinges properly and have tuned the mileage also. A lapse is a lapse and they definitely have to improve in the area of washing and cleaning. Rest is fine.
Atleast they are showing inclination to rectify the lapse after i mailed them which other established manufacturers would have not done. The 3M polishing has taken out the scratch except for a very small deep scratch.

Quote:
I called up the toll free number at least 5 times in last 5-6 weeks and every time they politely replied that it will be done in 72 hrs and I have received SMS on a person X will arrange the test drive. That person X never bothered to call me or returned my calls
Why dont you mail to mangesh or at service@fiapl so that your queries may be addressed faster
Old 5th June 2009, 16:43   #171
Senior - BHPian

geeash,

Did you opt in for an engine oil change? Many people on team bhp recommend it. Think that Linea runs on a full synthetic engine oil and if its of no use changing oil now why should i burn a hole in my pocket?
So, the rattles you reported are gone now then its good.

maraathp,
I still remember that i registered for a TD of Hyundai verna online and the car never came for TD, Visit your nearest dealer and you will get a TD then and there.
Old 5th June 2009, 17:06   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you opt in for an engine oil change? Many people on team bhp recommend it. Think that Linea runs on a full synthetic engine oil and if its of no use changing oil now why should i burn a hole in my pocket?
Yes i did the engine oil change as recommended here as i did not want to take chances. You can see the pictures of the car in my thread when it went for the oil change. For me the oil had become blackish and so it prompted a change. Thank god i changed as i found small slivers of metal and small small clots on the engine oil when it was drained.

The car feels very smooth now as good as new.
Old 6th June 2009, 09:45   #173
Senior - BHPian

A few more pics

1. The job list given to me jotted down with issues i have reported. The highlited area shows that the car is clean without scratches
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6050208.jpg

2. The funniest part. This is on the back of the jobslip. It has car washing report. It gives 80/100 for the car before washing though the total sums up only to 70. After the washing inspite of making all the sctratches and improperly soiling the interior the washing supervisor gives himself 100/100 marks after inspection. What an irony......
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6050209.jpg

3. This is the bill/ voucher for my first service
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6050210.jpg

4.This is the invite i have been sent to be a part of Fiat Car and Coffee meet to be held on this sunday ion chennai concorde.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6050212.jpg

Seems whos and whos of the Fiat top notch will be there. I am goimg to take all the photos and show it to them and speak my mind off. I am also going to ask them about the niggling issues in linea on behalf of you people. Do you people want me to address any specific problem of your car to them?. Please let me know along with your origional name, city and dealer at which car was bought and its issues.
Old 6th June 2009, 10:31   #174
Senior - BHPian

It will be a fantastic thing to show them these photos clicked after your 1st service that will show ground reality. Be a little harsh and tell them to change for atleast our sake.

Please, ask them about this seat height coming down issue. This is happening with almost all who use this feature. Dont forget this, i have no other issues with the car.
Go and enjoy "coffee with fiat"
Old 6th June 2009, 11:40   #175
BANNED

Ashwin,

Sad to know about all those scratches inflicted upon your Linea. Good that they removed it afterwards.
It seems a characteristic of Tata service - 1st they spoil (or not do things in the manner it should have been done) & later they come & rectify it. While the rectification part is good, this way they end up in doing things twice with unnecessary extra load which is created by themselves & not to mention the bad perception

Somehow, I'm sure when I'll give my car for 1st service, they'll carry out only 7-8 jobs out of a possible 10 jobs mentioned on jobcard forgetting some 2-3 jobs. I'm sure of that. When I gave my car for accidental repairs (changing front bumper), I had also mentioned on job card to put Fiat badge on the boot which was stolen. When I went to pick up the car, somehow I felt for sure that they would not have put the badge & inspected it. Bingo, they did not.
Old 6th June 2009, 15:07   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure when I'll give my car for 1st service, they'll carry out only 7-8 jobs out of a possible 10 jobs mentioned on jobcard forgetting some 2-3 jobs
That means they are not doing it with commitment. Just unleash your word power to the crm and he will take care.
Old 6th June 2009, 18:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hi Doc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
3. This is the bill/ voucher for my first service
That bill has both service tax as well as VAT. Usually spare parts have VAT and labour charges have service tax.

Not all would understand the 'with', the way you have written in your delivery comments.

I hope you had a good meeting!
Old 6th June 2009, 21:31   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That bill has both service tax as well as VAT. Usually spare parts have VAT and labour charges have service tax
Is something wrong there? . Have they overcharged me?.
Old 7th June 2009, 07:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

D Day for the car and coffee meet at concorde. i am going to wash and wax my car and then comeback and jot down every problem listed here and go back and prepare myself for ripping the dealers head off..........
Old 7th June 2009, 12:17   #180
Senior - BHPian

Had a great DIY wash and wax today morning. it took close to 4 and 1/2 hours. Car is absolutely fabulous now, that i dont feel like taking it out of the garage and make it dusty again. But thats how life goes..........

Taking a few notes on what i should highlight in the concorde meet. Had messaged redone. I havent got a reply whether he is coming or not. Anyways it is showtime folks.......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks