Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 14:22   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Ah, you beauty. after waxing Linea feels like she just has had make-up

On a serious note, some portion of bonnet in my car I could see a difference in shining. Some portion shining is less. When I did the waxing, some shining came back but now again its visible difference. What could be the reason & can I get the original shine back?
Geeash , the car shine is great ! keep loving her

VP , Now you are married to this Italian beauty, and you know that everyone wishes the original shine of the bride continues after the marriage. It is difficult but not impossible. Its all how you take care of her
Old 10th June 2009, 14:40   #197
Senior - BHPian

geeash,
You really care for your ride than anyone else. Waxing, cleaning etc so many times. Car looks fabulous now and do note for how much time this shine remains to have an idea. You dont have to join gym, just keep waxing every week and voila muscles will all be beefed up.

VP,
Well thats a strange phenomenon i must say. Did you every use any rubbing compound on the car. I hope there is no sign of fade if there is a colour mismatch on the bonnet. Shine should be uniform throughout the car when applying wax polishes but then the initial shine wouldnt be there as indian conditions wont allow that shine to remain. F.RED is a colour where even small scratches or any small difference in paint shows up.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 10th June 2009 at 14:41.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:58   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
VP,
Well thats a strange phenomenon i must say. Did you every use any rubbing compound on the car. I hope there is no sign of fade if there is a colour mismatch on the bonnet. Shine should be uniform throughout the car when applying wax polishes but then the initial shine wouldnt be there as indian conditions wont allow that shine to remain. F.RED is a colour where even small scratches or any small difference in paint shows up.
nope, I have not applied rubbing compound or anything. It just looks slightly dull, no paint mismatch. but definitely looks slightly dull
Old 10th June 2009, 15:40   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I did the waxing, some shining came back but now again its visible difference. What could be the reason & can I get the original shine back?
Quote:
slightly dull
This is quite normal mate!!. Never can you keep the car shining for ever. It is just how long you can extend the shine that matters. just keep waxing every week . The shine will come back. if not get a clearcoat spray and spray on the dull area.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:19   #200
BANNED

geeash, awesome posts! I salute your passion. Fiat should give you a special award! congrats and well done.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:03   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Seems they are planning to hold these coffe and car meets monthly here to know the feed backs.
Being a Palio owner this makes me bit happy as well as anxious

I hope they are not expecting to discuss same issues month after month with either same people or diffierent people.

in my view FIAT and Tata must commit a cut off date by which the small minor issues would be rectified once and for all and Car and Coffee meet is used to celebrate the success of FIAT every month and a fun event for all FIAT car owners.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th June 2009 at 20:04.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:15   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope they are not expecting to discuss same issues month after month with either same people or diffierent people.

in my view FIAT and Tata must commit a cut off date by which the small minor issues would be rectified once and for all and Car and Coffee meet is used to celebrate the success of FIAT every month and a fun event for all FIAT car owners.
I too sincerely hope so.

Thats a good idea. ill put this forward to them in the next month meet
Old 12th June 2009, 21:51   #203
Senior - BHPian

Planning for ICE upgrade. Planning to visit TEKNOCRAT for the details on monday. Will keep you posted
Old 13th June 2009, 15:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

One more thing I am also planning to upgrade my mobile phone to a new one which is fully compatible with blue and me. I currently own a N82. It works fine but no SMS reading capability. It also doesnt download phone book automatically and it doesnt play my phone MP3 songs. I have searched the fiat site for compatible phones. But it only lists older models and even some links like that of HTC doesnt work. Can some fellow linea owners provide what phone thay are using with blue and me and its details of compatibility?. Can you people suggest me a good phone that is fully compatible with blue and me?. Since blue and me is by microsoft , are windows mobile fully compatible???.

Last edited by geeash : 13th June 2009 at 15:23.
Old 14th June 2009, 21:03   #205
Senior - BHPian

I am having HTC Touch phone with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional Operating System.
Every thing is working fine except SMS Reader.
Old 14th June 2009, 21:15   #206
BHPian

I am not sure whether the following is the latest list but found it in fiat website. Hope it will be helpful
Fiat Blue&me
Old 15th June 2009, 10:24   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I am having HTC Touch phone with Windows Mobile® 6 Professional Operating System.
SMS reader is working in a select handsets. I've Nokia CDMA 6265 & its not working.Earlier I've checked Fiat website, SMS reader works in many Sony Errickson mobiles
Old 15th June 2009, 15:53   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Sad to see a microsoft product not fully compatible with another from the same manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
I am not sure whether the following is the latest list but found it in fiat website. Hope it will be helpful
Fiat Blue&me
It is not the latest one. Its been up there for past 6 months. Already checked that. And some links in it are also not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
SMS reader is working in a select handsets. I've Nokia CDMA 6265 & its not working.Earlier I've checked Fiat website, SMS reader works in many Sony Errickson mobiles
Yes Sony Ericsson are compatible. Even in that not all models. But majority of them works fine. I think i have to test it with my mothers w810i. And when i get my phone i have to take my car and check its compatibility too........
Most likely it is going to be a Sony Erricson only.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:20   #209
Senior - BHPian

Some issues surfacing

Today morning when i was washing the car with water and wiping it dry, the chrome beading in the rear right quarter glass came off as reported in other threads.. Not only that, a rubber thing along with the chrome beading inside the same housing also separated.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140221.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140224.jpg

And not only that the plastic thing which was supposed to hold the bonnet lever was shaking and when i prodded it , that too came off.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140227.jpg

I had the same problem in the bonnet plastic thing when i did PDI and had reported it to the sales advisor who told me that he will stick the same and now again it has come off.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140229.jpg

Just then had a oppurtunity to check Vahan's thread. So went to get fevibond as Hit-Lock was not available here too.

Sat down in the afternoon. A few remains of the rubber adhesive was sticking to the inside of the chromestrip.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140230.jpg
So cleaned it. Used fevibond to stick the rubber thing on to the housing
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140231.jpg
And on top of it i used fevibond and another all purpose adhesive to stick the chrome beading. Now looks as good as it was before. But still i am apprehensive whether it will fall again. I am going to write a mail to CSM south stating that if it falls again , he needs to replace it free of cost as it is because of the poor quality glue they have used. I wonder how these guys do a quality check of the matierials outsourced and how they approve these.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140232.jpg
Fiat definitely needs to have a peek into this. Almost all owners here have face this problem. is it not?.

I have stuck the bonnet thingy too with the same glue. Hope it doesnt fall again.
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-p6140233.jpg
Old 16th June 2009, 00:19   #210
BHPian

Thats sad ashwin. now i am getting the feeling that a certain batch of initial lineas have this adhesive issue. I had one instance of just a very slight loose end to a chrome beading near the passenger airbag which was fixed back nicely by my dealer in the first service. Apart from that , i have not seen any other area especially exteriors , where there is any feeling that the chrome would fall off ..atleast as of now .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks