Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 19:03   #31
BHPian

Indeed it is a good car to drive, the looks are a hard to digest. Even initially I felt that this is something that I would never even think of buying, however I am seriously considering it as my next one.

Even my initial comments on the forum were that it is an ugly looking one, however slowly it has established some place inside my mind. It is kind of one non conventional looking vehicle, will take some time but is going to sell quite well.
Old 3rd July 2009, 10:08   #32
BHPian

Yesterday i had a look at ritz.

interior quality is undoubtedly better than swift.

it looks more in direct competition with i10. i10 can still be better in its internal fit and finish.

exterior design better than i10, except side profile, where it can feel tad incomplete.

finally, when it comes to servicing, i think majority will tilt to ritz.

but i cant believe why some people on forum are expecting too much from 4.5 lacs !!

anyways, congrats for ur new machine
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:55   #33
ada
BHPian

Well annopap thats the problem with some people like dustom_99 who compare Ritz to zen and then say ritz is crap (ROFL), I dunno how their mind works and how they can use such words as crap and all.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopap View Post
but i cant believe why some people on forum are expecting too much from 4.5 lacs !!
Off topic but you are making it sound as if Maruti is doing us a favor by selling it for 4.5 Lakhs. Ritz is a nice car but there are better cars to be had for the same price but the 'better' depends on the individual.
Old 4th July 2009, 08:03   #35
sb1

Congrats man!!! The car is a real beauty...

I had TD the car it is really supee smooth plus the handling is gr8.
Old 5th July 2009, 16:13   #36

Ada congrats on the new car. You can safely ignore comments from ignorant people. Besides rants like these have no place in an personal thread. You made a great choice, the Ritz is an great car. It's taken the 5th spot in the top 10 cars within a month of it's introduction selling 8000+ cars. Testament enough that it's an amazing and practical vehicle.
Old 6th July 2009, 09:42   #37
BHPian

Ada congrats on the new car. Please keep up updated on ownership experiences. I would not take d_rustom's comments to heart. You need people like them on the forum who can be quite direct.
I have seem some friends, who got taken in with the general impression of Maruti's claims of good fuel mileage (read better than any in the competition) and cheap spare parts. The reality is much different, and they have to go back to the workshop wondering why their particular car is not getting the mileage they thought they were, only to realise later that this is what to expect.
This is not to say that the Ritz is a bad car, but people do form opinions based on experiences which are hard to dislodge.
Old 6th July 2009, 10:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ritz is a decent car in its class, I personally like the front view of the car and must say that it looks better than Swift. The rear end looks odd because we are not used to seeing such radical shapes. Look at Xylo’s rear it looks totally out of proportion, still its selling.

In some markets in Europe (Splash /Opel Agila) is positioned as a mini MPV, it even can load a bicycle with its rear seats folded.

During my TD I felt that the tall stance of the car gives very comfortable ingress & egress. The K series engine is a generation ahead in FE & maintenance.

For a small family this car is really practical and makes more senses rather than going in for a Swift. By the way Ritz’s last months sales figure is a testimony that people have accepted this car in India.
Old 6th July 2009, 21:05   #39
ada
BHPian

@Mclaren The trim is standard. There are different colours to go with outside colour, the other one is grey in colour I guess.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:46   #40
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
What I'am trying to do here is pointing out things in my own buy, to where I feel the product did not confirm to my expectation in both as a pleasant surprise and an irritant.
Well said ada. That's what an ownership review is about.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 7th July 2009, 14:57   #41
BHPian

Firstly congrats ada on your new buy! We are so spoilt for choices in the market now than ever before. Do understand its such a tedious task just to shortlist your buy within the 4 - 5 lakh budget. And when you eventually make a choice, its got to be from your heart. So there shouldn't be any regrets thereafter.

I personally feel Ritz makes a lot of sense for the Urban Indian buyer. Its radically styled (does take a little getting used to though), offers adequate amount of space & comes with one of the best engine options Maruti could offer.

Wish ada the best of all moments with his car! Leave all the critics behind and "Live the moment dude".
Old 13th July 2009, 14:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hello Ritz (Petrol) owners what is the kind of FE you guys are getting for your respective Ritz ?
We all know Diesel's are going great guns however owners of Ritz petrol have not posted FE at least I have not found one.
I tried searching through the posts but could not locate it. Guys Pls post FE.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:27   #43
ada
BHPian

First Service

Tomorrow I will complete 3 weeks of Ritz and 1000 Kms. Last three days traversed through all sort of terrains, on highways, on broken village roads in day and at night, almost 450 kms. And here are my observations --
Conditions -- During this time I never tried to stray beyond 80 kmph and 2500 rpm at the most, only during the fag end of my trip I was touching 100.
  1. F.E -- The most awaited part. The moment I got my car I filled her up, after finishing about more then half the tank, my average was 13.7 kmpl in city. Before the trip I filled her up again (this time with speed), I have completed exactly 385 kms and the tank is showing half full (i heard it falls drastically in the latter half).
  2. Handling -- I did not expect Ritz to match the nimbleness of other cars, but the gearing ratios and the engine is so excellent, that even when going at 80 a gentle squeeze of accelerator would spurt her forward. She takes highway bumps with aplomb. However the problem arises at cruising speed like uneven road, you feel that more. Something to do with stiff suspension. I propose to even that out by good tires. BHP experts please advise.
  3. Body work etc -- Still no rattling. The doors are a bit tight to close, does not close by just a gentle push. I had no chance to check the luggage space, since our back seat was empty. Sometimes horn on one side would not work (I'am a great user of horn).
  4. Rain drive -- Wipers etc are all ok, not so good, there are quiet a few area (windshield left) unreached by wipers.
  5. Brakes/Clutch/Steering -- Brakes are more inspiring on highway, clutch is OK, could be a bit soft, Steering is accurate.
  6. Visibility -- The front view is excellent, except at cross roads the A pillar becomes a bit of obstruction. Rear view you have to adjust (I think I do not need parktronics)
Overall I'am very satisfied. Tomorrow while giving the car for service I'am going to to complain about the horn and the flimsy inner door handle red stickers and discuss about ride quality, clutch and brake (general things). If any other points to cover please tell me.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:23   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada
I have completed exactly 385 kms and the tank is showing half
Yes, That's true. It reduces drastically after half way. Clutch is very hard, perhaps the hardest??? Have you switched the tyres?
Old 14th July 2009, 10:50   #45
ada
BHPian

No I plan to replace tyres after first service, the shop keeper told me that even if the old JK has run 5000 kms I will give the same value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks