Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 14:30   #61
ada
BHPian

The dealer did not pass a single paisa discount or accessory at that point of time, do not know what happens now, however i did take floor mats, mud flaps, and sill guard as additional accessories.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:50   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

ada, Can you post a pic of the MGA sill guards? I have seen the picture in the brochure but they look quite garish there.
Old 5th August 2009, 18:11   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Will try your suggestion for closing the car with window 1/4th down, but you cannot do that while exiting, can you? Actually it is a good sign that the cabin is leak proof.
Actually it is, but surprisingly the same should happen with the rear doors as well. Another reason could be that the keyhole in the rear Hatch door is missing ,which could also serve as an air vent.

God bless.....
Old 6th August 2009, 18:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Excellent synopsis, Amidoc
@GTO, I guess Amidoc quoted the first post in this thread in all entirety
Old 19th August 2009, 22:09   #65
ada
BHPian

@itwasntmine: I'am posting sill guard pictures, plus some more of my car with team-bhp sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-sill_1.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-sill_2.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-bhp_1.jpg  

Initial Ritz ZXI (white) review-bhp_2.jpg  

Old 19th August 2009, 22:43   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey thanks ada!

Sill guards look cool and will probably suit my father-in-law's silver LXI even more.

Lovely car in white though. IMHO, get rid of the Spectra sticker above the Ritz logo and swap your existing number plates for the HSRPs. Will really complete the looks!
Old 19th August 2009, 22:58   #67
BHPian

The Team-BHP sticker on the OVRM looks awesome .
Old 21st September 2009, 19:12   #68
ada
BHPian

Just a few lines on my weekend trip of around 850 kms. The route involved NH3 till Dhule and then on to NH6 also known as AH46 (asian highway 46). So it was a mix of superb 4 lane roads, ghat sections, and also under construction roads, finally your ordinary highway involving planned overtaking manoeuvres.
  • The car performed beautifully, handling was very good even while cornering at high speeds.
  • The engine is a beauty, however the "rocket" acceleration is available only in the second and the third gear.
  • At 50+ speeds the shock ups will absorb quiet a punishment, at lower speeds the same bumps will punish the passengers, stiff body maybe?
  • Consistent average of 15+, my driving style is not "average friendly" , hope to improve.
  • Slowly I' am getting used to ABS/EBD brakes and loving it, it did take some getting used to.
  • This is no run of the mill fitted Maruti car, unlike what we know till now, in spite of the sometimes severe pounding it took, at the end of the day there was not a single rattle.
  • The front fender is a bit low, this is a problem especially when truck drivers in ghat section leave stones bang in the middle of the road.
  • The horn is a bit stiff, and at the centre it just buckles in.
Old 2nd October 2009, 19:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I have very briefly driven i10, its just (maybe because of size) that Ritz feels a bit more powerfull, at lower gearing Maruti has made an art of getting gear ratios right. That is the reason that the same engine is fun to drive in swift vis-a-vis Vista or Palio. IMHO Palio sports is one of the best VFM car. One year earlier that would have been my choice. Space at the rear is certainly more then swift, marginally enough to be comfortable. Even people owning swift agreed to that. The seat is higher then swift, I wouldnt know about the uprightness, will try to find out.

Agreed there are a lot of blind spots, initially even the A pillar ws a bother, but slowly you get used to it. LH mirror is a blessing.
hi
I have a i10 KAPPA and in the city the wide gear ratios are very irritating. Specially since the car is drive driven most of the time , the tendency to shift from first to second been very soon the car just does not pull will enough at low speeds in the second gear and at any stop once again has to shift back to the first gear. Also the fe in town is very low. have not got more than 7 at at any time

Sending the car to Hyundai M plaza for service. Not very happy at all. Can some one recommend a good service centre specially in south mumbai for hyundai service and name of a contact person there.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:45   #70
ada
BHPian

@amidoc, I guess Hyundai service is as good as Matuti if not better, for more suggestions create a new thread. I would not be knowing since I have not dealt with Hyundai, but lot of my colleagues have got their Hyundais from Shreenath.
Old 10th November 2009, 14:53   #71
BHPian

Hi Ada,

I am planning to book my first car in near future. I am confused between i10 Asta and Ritz Zxi. I want some inputs from you regarding Ritz.

As you have mentioned there were no rattles so far, I am feeling bit more confident towards Ritz.

During my test drive of Ritz, I found the clutch to be too hard. My left leg and both the thighs were paining after the test drive. I read similar observation by you in initial posts. Has the clutch softened after run-in period was over? I found Ritz to be much heavier to drive in comparison to i10.

Below is my thread on the comparison, please give your inputs for the same.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...-i10-asta.html
Old 10th November 2009, 15:33   #72
BHPian

Congrates mate, its a nice practical review. Enjoy your beauty.

Regarding the boot space, I feel, though it is larger by specs as mentioned by GTO, the extra space may not feel useful as it is likely to be in height more than length or width.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:02   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Congrats for your new babe at home.
I have used all brand music systems.BiIn my previous cars(Sony with JBL Speakers,Sony With Sony Speakers.Now I went for Kenwood 543 with just Two way 6"speakers. Every body travel in my car appreciate the System sound etc.Nippon can't come near.Both Speaker and System Maruti GA with OEM.I can reccommend the ritz forum members to go for that if you can It comes bit less than 12K.Thanks to MSM Krishna Moorthy Chennai for the suggestion.You can enjoy a lot with your ZXI.I do use VDI ABS.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
5) I'am in doubt whether the rear view mirror is anti-glare, there is no adjustment lever to it. The guy at the showroom said that it was automatic.
I too have this doubt and was surprised that there is no adjustment knob. Is there some truth in automatic anti-glare mirror thing?
Old 11th November 2009, 17:33   #75
BHPian

Yes the Ritz mirror has no anti-glare adjustment. And there is no automatic anti-glare changing, that's the stuff for Mercs and the like, not at this level!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks