Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:32   #106
BHPian

update on anti-glare mirror

Called up Chowgule's today. The service guy was very courteous, and again guardedly said that all Ritz appear to have the same normal mirror. By this time I offer to purchase the Swift anti-glare mirror, to fit in my Ritz, but he says the mounting holes are different. He has not heard from Maruti as yet.

Guys, if you haven't yet brought up this deficiency , please contact your dealer now. All Ritz models across the board ought to have an anti-glare mirror fitted as OEM, Ldi, Vdi, Lxi, Vxi and Zxi.
I avoid taking the Ritz at night only because this glare of the headlights behind me bugs me so much.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:08   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One question-- and please excuse me if i am repetitive or it has been asked and answered earlier,
does the Ritz have some problems with its ABS?i mean the way it is caliberated? heard it cuts in too early, but this was reported only by ACI and none of the other magazines,
please en light,
thanks
Hi Sheel,
I am with VDI ABS.I did not come across any problem. I drove 7200 kms in a period of 2 months.I feel the ABS is quite stable as well as very confident at breaking.Practically no problem with ABS In My Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Called up Chowgule's today. The service guy was very courteous, and again guardedly said that all Ritz appear to have the same normal mirror. By this time I offer to purchase the Swift anti-glare mirror, to fit in my Ritz, but he says the mounting holes are different. He has not heard from Maruti as yet.

Guys, if you haven't yet brought up this deficiency , please contact your dealer now. All Ritz models across the board ought to have an anti-glare mirror fitted as OEM, Ldi, Vdi, Lxi, Vxi and Zxi.
I avoid taking the Ritz at night only because this glare of the headlights behind me bugs me so much.
Hi Fil
I am using my Ritz VDI with the same mirror in the nights in Chennai city that too in the IT high way where all pick up cars and buses ply a lot with Xenon lightings.I did not feel un safe.Don't say my eyes might be good.I am 60 plus with glassed eyes.I am sure that there is some coating in the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
i would say try to source from market then from dealer, as dealer would be expensive with lesser varieties and designs.
Guru and Vijay,
I will take your points of dealer and non dealer. I believe my dealer will give me 5% discount for me. In addition to that another question is that what about the fitting etc will they charge additional out side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
OT: Urgent !

Couple of my colleagues who were to travel with me tonight (2/12)o bangalore ( by train , 2657) dropped out. I have two tickets now ( non a/c ), so if someone wants a free ride to bangalore PM me.

Male M 30 and F 28 so , around this sex/age group should fit in.

and I have tickets for 3 from bangalore to chennai tomorrow night. I am staying back till 6th, so not using this ticket

Cheers

ps: for some of you asking why I am not cancelling it, it was paid using company funds. Cant be bothered to rush around to cancel!
If they charge then it will be equal to the dealer.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd December 2009 at 20:12. Reason: Merging posts. Please use the multi-quote method instead of making multiple consecutive posts. Thanks!
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:22   #108
Senior - BHPian

If you havent stuck sun film. now would be a good time to.
Once I had SR 20 sun film installed, I noticed that I didnt use the day night mirror at all.
Now that the glass + rear hatch was replaced after an accident, I find myself using it more these days.
I don't plan to install sun film this time because the installers screw up the rear demister.
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:29   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Fil
I am using my Ritz VDI with the same mirror in the nights in Chennai city that too in the IT high way where all pick up cars and buses ply a lot with Xenon lightings.I did not feel un safe.Don't say my eyes might be good.I am 60 plus with glassed eyes.I am sure that there is some coating in the mirror.
For the last decade all my cars have had this feature.
Simply put, it means your RVM has a glass and and a reflecting surface behind. During the day the rear (reflective) surface is along the front glass, hence we see normal reflection.
At night, in anti glare mode, you tilt only the reflecting surface and not the glass by using a button or switch. This reduces the intensity of light and still allows full rear visibilty. The Getz, Swift, Baleno, are among common cars that have this. Once you use it, you cannot use an ordinary mirror.
And yes, putting a dark film on the rear windshield is not a solution!
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hi Filcord,
I am not much aware of the anti glare topic. Only after seeing in the thread, I came to know that issue is there. Then I started to look in my RVM and asked my second passenger to see the glare difference in both RVM and SVM(Side View Mirror). They too said there is a difference of glare between them.Only to day I too doubt whether it is of the Sunfilm, which makes the difference. Any how I am comfortable with the limited glare in my VDI.
Thank you for the points
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:44   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post

Guru and Vijay,
I will take your points of dealer and non dealer. I believe my dealer will give me 5% discount for me. In addition to that another question is that what about the fitting etc will they charge additional out side.

If they charge then it will be equal to the dealer.
well usually they quote you along with fittings charge which is usually lesser then dealers price, unless dealer offers you real good deal.Have seen outside tyre shops also offering wheel balancing and rotation if needed to be done FOC while getting alloys.Check out what deal you are offered.
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:52   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post

Hey filcord, Thanks for the suggestion. I am gonna buy a Ritz vxi in Feb next year, and I will have this point int mind.

Hi navan49, your experience is very contradictory. I think the Ritz that are being sold now (you bought it 2 months ago I guess), are coming with the right RVMs, so probably the new buyers of Ritz dont have to worry.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:02   #113
BHPian

Harryskt are you trying to suggest that he new Ritz will have the anti-glare mirror (i.e. it will have a switch to tilt the mirror down or up to get the anti-g;are effect). If that is so i think Maruti should change the RVMs of the older Ritz with the new set of RVMs as pointed out by harry upon customer request.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:15   #114
ada
BHPian

Long term Ritz ZXI review

Yes !!! I have completed two years of Ritz and 17,000 kms and here is the feedback. My initial review can be found at this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-8.html .

List of positives --
1) Excellent car, very reliable, of course good maruti service.
2) Verry peppy, 2nd and 3rd gears are what I call rocket gears and the car just Vrrrrrrrrooms ahead.
3) Unlike my earlier 800 and Alto (you can see I'am a Maruti man ) the car seems solidly built. Except for a few occasional vibration (which got easily solved) the car seems to be holding well. Build quality is very good, no leakage even in heavy monsoons of Mumbai (from the doors)
4) The luggage compartment is not as small as it looks. Especially in case of soft bags the vertical space is quiet handy.

List of Negetives
1) Mine is a petrol version, I get an average of 12-13 kms/lit in city. When I complained about it to the service guys they laughed, and asked me to give it in writing as there are cases where people are getting as low as 8/9. (I personally know of one)
2) The ride at the back is quiet bumpy whereas the front is quiet comfortable.
3) Air bag indicator went phut, but was quickly replaced.

Other then above Ritz is a nice mid rung car not too Jazzy, but a typical stable Maruti product.
ada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:14   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Long term Ritz ZXI review

I wanted to own a Ritz in 2009/2010 but going by my own objective of owning only pre-owned cars , had to say No to the temptation.

It is great you aren't experiencing rattles ; but it is again too early - 2 years and 17k kms

So far as mileage goes , 13kmpl is reasonable,but the 8 or 9 that people complained about is all nonsense ; I don't believe the Ritz can return such figures unless the engine is idling most of the time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks