Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 23:13   #76
BANNED

Heyi guess you are revving the engine too much as the mileage is low .Anshuman also has a Punto and that is giving around 16-21kmpl .He has also over 1000kms on odo.

Those pics are great .Make the best looking hatch even better.
Old 7th July 2009, 23:20   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Heyi guess you are revving the engine too much as the mileage is low .Anshuman also has a Punto and that is giving around 16-21kmpl .He has also over 1000kms on odo.

Those pics are great .Make the best looking hatch even better.
Well yes, I am pushing her a little above 3.5-4k rpm before shifting. The torque is addictive. Any tips would be great.
Old 7th July 2009, 23:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

Sagar i like the pics on the tracks...it connects well with FPT...Fiat Power Train Technology.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:03   #79
BANNED

Well you can ask aquelo or anshuman both have separate threads regarding what different they are doing with their punto's to get a much better average.
Old 8th July 2009, 00:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post

2. The power/cig lighter socket beside the gearknob is bigger than the ones on other cars. I had to put a tissue paper to connect my car charger and keep it in place.
Get it checked at the showroom, putting paper in that socket is not advisable.

Quote:
3. There is a small rotating piece of plastic on the gear rod, just below the knob. Is it of any use? Its quite irritating when it simply moves up and down and rotates.
err.. I hope you are NOT referring to the ring which is used to engage reverse gear!

Quote:
Today I got a FE of 12.6kmpl. 20% highway, 10% offroad, and 70% city.
That is way too low man, i think yoyu need to control your driving for the initial run in period!

Wait a minute, Offroad?? This is not the 'tank' brother!
Old 8th July 2009, 01:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Well yes, I am pushing her a little above 3.5-4k rpm before shifting. The torque is addictive. Any tips would be great.

eeeks, this is not a petrol engine - shift up early at least till you have about 1500 to 2000 on the Odo. Whatever the manual and dealers say about running-in, most here believe that a proper running in is essential for a smooth trouble free car in the long run.

Cheers,
Old 8th July 2009, 01:25   #82
BHPian

IMO you are revving the engine way too much.
To get good mileage, shift early @ 2000-3000 rpm..... 4k is way too high (your engine is almost redlining at this point).
Also for run-in try to keep revs below 2000rpm.

PS: You got a thing for photography. I love those snaps, keep 'em coming.
Old 8th July 2009, 01:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
IMO you are revving the engine way too much.
To get good mileage, shift early @ 2000-3000 rpm..... 4k is way too high (your engine is almost redlining at this point).
Also for run-in try to keep revs below 2000rpm.

PS: You got a thing for photography. I love those snaps, keep 'em coming.
yeah its a diesel thats why 4k is like redline for it.

i just cant wait to see interior pics. posted pics are just awesome. i saved them all gonna use them for screensaver .

even monkeys have the same reaction as humans after all they are our ancestors .

few questions for ya.

any plans for alloys wheels bro...??

do they have other alloy wheels as accesories..??

can we change the orvms to chrome or get them body colored from the dealership.??

active version doesnt have central locking right?? does it matter really?

Last edited by Caramelo : 8th July 2009 at 01:51.
Old 8th July 2009, 09:53   #84
BHPian

amazing pics dude!
nice camera you got there..
Old 8th July 2009, 09:54   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
dude you would make a good photographer for sure, I being a VisCom graduate telling you that. If given a little photoshop work, these pictures could turn in to beautiful arts.
Thats mate. These pics have already been tweaked in PS. Not heavily though. I did try to get into photography a little seriously (professionally) but nothing worked. There is no place for beginners here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Get it checked at the showroom, putting paper in that socket is not advisable.

err.. I hope you are NOT referring to the ring which is used to engage reverse gear!

That is way too low man, i think yoyu need to control your driving for the initial run in period!

Wait a minute, Offroad?? This is not the 'tank' brother!
Will be getting it checked soon as right now, I have no use with the socket. This car does not have the knob which u have to pull to engage reverse like what you have in the palios. I will post a pic to show you. Offroad in the sense, non tarmac leveled road with loose gravel and sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
eeeks, this is not a petrol engine - shift up early at least till you have about 1500 to 2000 on the Odo. Whatever the manual and dealers say about running-in, most here believe that a proper running in is essential for a smooth trouble free car in the long run.

Cheers,
The sad part was, the dealers said nothing when I asked them, all they said was drive normally (Yeah right) and the manuals are yet to come. I shift up at 3.5k only at times, not always, basically I shift at 3k rpm, that is what someone suggested me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yeah its a diesel thats why 4k is like redline for it.

i just cant wait to see interior pics. posted pics are just awesome. i saved them all gonna use them for screensaver .

even monkeys have the same reaction as humans after all they are our ancestors .

few questions for ya.

any plans for alloys wheels bro...??

do they have other alloy wheels as accesories..??

can we change the orvms to chrome or get them body colored from the dealership.??

active version doesnt have central locking right?? does it matter really?
Alloys wheels, I dont think so. 98pcd alloys are as rare as dinosaurs here. If I go for OZs I have some awesome designs, but too too tooooo expensive for me to afford. I will stick to stock rim but will upsize my tires.

Alloy wheels for Punto are yet to come to the showrooms as accessories, in fact not a single accessory for the Punto is available yet. And the Linea ones are out of stock. So if in a hurry, you have to opt for Linea's (placing an order) or go the aftermarket way.

I have no clue regarding the ORVM. Am going to get it done from outside. Active doesnt have central locking and trust me, its a big pain in the backside. The first thing on the list even before ice and floormats is going to be Central locking!
Old 8th July 2009, 09:57   #86
BHPian

Ok folks, this is the final set of pics. All the B&W toned set all together.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-022i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-063i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-066i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-074i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-080i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-082i-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-084i-medium.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 8th July 2009, 10:28   #87
BHPian

B&W photos are stunning and are awesome. May be FIAT should use one of these photos to advertise Punto.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:28   #88
BHPian

The B&W pictures are truely amazing ... Kudos
Old 8th July 2009, 10:44   #89
BHPian

Hey Sagar,
Congrats on your new buy. I am late on this thread. Awesome photos..
Old 8th July 2009, 10:59   #90
Senior - BHPian

Black and white in the background and that red in the foreground makes for an awesome sight. Impressive photos!

Shifting at 3k revs for a diesel is not worth it. You are nearing red line, and you are only making the car consume more fuel. But wait, gears 1 and 2 are short, and the moment you press the accelerator, the revs are already at around 3k. I had this problem when I test drove the Linea. One of my friends who had owned an Octavia Diesel suggested that I keep the lower gears only to get the car to roll on and then do all the magic in 3rd gear. I believe 3 is very flexible in Punto. It was, in the Linea.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks