Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 10:31   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Another issue I am facing is the rear parcel tray. Trust me guys, there are small small niggles in the cars and the bottomline is clear, the interior plastic quality is bad. Anyways another 400kms to go for my first service, make that 3 days
Wow.. small small niggles.. Rattling.. Boy have you made a mistake buying the Punto
Old 25th July 2009, 12:54   #182
BHPian

It has been long time since you have updated the thread furioussphinx. Few interior pics of active version please.
Old 25th July 2009, 13:13   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
It has been long time since you have updated the thread furioussphinx. Few interior pics of active version please.
is it that bad.? the interiors!!

i think the whole rattling issue started with your ice fitting. these people must have opened doors and everything for it. and fitted it haphazardly. now once removed you never get that factory finished fitting back.

those alloys look good. but i think the wheel arches are big and wheels look smaller then what this car suits. (they were 15" right?. i don't know its just me or what!)

i think if you cant find good alloys then you should go for Linea 16" alloys. :P. you have a diesel. fuel economy might go down only lil. why care about it. and at least you will get good looking alloys. if you are crazy enough you can have them painted to black finish
Old 25th July 2009, 19:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

Of wheels and S10s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

i think the whole rattling issue started with your ice fitting. these people must have opened doors and everything for it. and fitted it haphazardly. now once removed you never get that factory finished fitting back.

those alloys look good. but i think the wheel arches are big and wheels look smaller then what this car suits. (they were 15" right?. i don't know its just me or what!)

i think if you cant find good alloys then you should go for Linea 16" alloys. :P. you have a diesel. fuel economy might go down only lil. why care about it. and at least you will get good looking alloys. if you are crazy enough you can have them painted to black finish
I agree that some ICE guys muck up the car's fit esp. of pads etc.

Those alloys are OZs! Yes, they are 15" and the Linea too comes with 15". I do not know if any specific variant of the Linea comes with 16" but IIRC all Linea alloys are 15" (I use one set on my GTX).

The S10 came in yellow and red. The red was not very popular and very few were sold in red. However, I do think Naveen's car colour was changed from yellow to red. He did mention something about it but I forget. HimanshuGoswami is one lucky dude who helped a cousin take delivery of a red S10 in Mumbai and drive it back to Delhi.

Cheers,
Old 25th July 2009, 19:40   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I agree that some ICE guys muck up the car's fit esp. of pads etc.

Those alloys are OZs! Yes, they are 15" and the Linea too comes with 15". I do not know if any specific variant of the Linea comes with 16" but IIRC all Linea alloys are 15" (I use one set on my GTX).

The S10 came in yellow and red. The red was not very popular and very few were sold in red. However, I do think Naveen's car colour was changed from yellow to red. He did mention something about it but I forget. HimanshuGoswami is one lucky dude who helped a cousin take delivery of a red S10 in Mumbai and drive it back to Delhi.

Cheers,
The linea alloys are expensive. it will cost you almost 80k for the set of 5.
Old 25th July 2009, 20:00   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
The linea alloys are expensive. it will cost you almost 80k for the set of 5.
Are you sure? That works out to Rs.16000/- per wheel! If so, I just might be temped to sell mine at half-price!

Cheers,
Old 25th July 2009, 20:28   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Thats the reason why I am hunting on and on for 98pcd alloys. Some dealers might alter 100pcd alloys to 98pcd and sell them, how can I spot that whether its an authentic 98pcd or some altered one?

Another issue I am facing is the rear parcel tray. Trust me guys, there are small small niggles in the cars and the bottomline is clear, the interior plastic quality is bad. Anyways another 400kms to go for my first service, make that 3 days
98 PCD alloys are available in delhi,if you know someone[a relative] maybe they can purchase the alloys,and send it over to you?
Old 25th July 2009, 20:35   #188
BHPian

If anyone wants Linea alloys at that price, 8k a piece, mine are up for sale too!
Seriously, 80K for a set of 5 is not the price. One of our fellow T-Bhipans , Geeash, is getting one wheel for his Linea , and I think the quote he's got is 10.5 k for one.

Last edited by ghost_rider : 25th July 2009 at 20:37. Reason: edit
Old 25th July 2009, 20:37   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Are you sure? That works out to Rs.16000/- per wheel! If so, I just might be temped to sell mine at half-price!

Cheers,
I cannot be sure until someone actually pays that much for those alloys. But this is what i got from concorde motors today when i asked him about getting linea alloys for punto.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:34   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
I cannot be sure until someone actually pays that much for those alloys. But this is what i got from concorde motors today when i asked him about getting linea alloys for punto.
Did you ask the cost of Punto alloys by any chance? Is there a possibility of swap for minimal cost?
Old 26th July 2009, 10:27   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Wow.. small small niggles.. Rattling.. Boy have you made a mistake buying the Punto
No buddy, am still very happy with my baby. And the rattling are pakka because of ill fitment of the doorpads or I feel, the ill fitment of the seats. Small creaks which can be heard only in bumps, heavy breaking and tight cornering. While cruising, its smooth as butter. Will refer all this issues in the 1st service and get them rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
Am really sorry, off late am really busy. Will carry my camera along today and try taking a few shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post

We are on the hunt for alloys. If I find nothing in 98pcd, then its going to be a good tire upsize. The stock tires are absolute crap, it scaring me on corners and braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
98 PCD alloys are available in delhi,if you know someone[a relative] maybe they can purchase the alloys,and send it over to you?
Could you kindly find out the brand, price and post a pic if possible. It would be better to post it here than a PM as am sure there are quite a few people hunting for 98pcd alloys too, so will be beneficial for all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
If anyone wants Linea alloys at that price, 8k a piece, mine are up for sale too!
Seriously, 80K for a set of 5 is not the price. One of our fellow T-Bhipans , Geeash, is getting one wheel for his Linea , and I think the quote he's got is 10.5 k for one.
If its 80k, I would anyday pick MOMO or OZ over the stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Did you ask the cost of Punto alloys by any chance? Is there a possibility of swap for minimal cost?
We did ask and they had no clue about the pricing and when the parts would come into stock either. If there is any (crazy) Punto EP owner who wants to part with his alloys for a minimal cost, am first in the line
Old 28th July 2009, 12:01   #192
BHPian

@furiossphinx

did you find the alloys?Even I'm on the lookout,but struggling to find one..
I desperately want to change the tyres but not with the current set of 14" rims.
Anyone who finds a 15" 98pcd alloy,pls pls let me know..I'll give you a tight hug..
Old 28th July 2009, 12:48   #193
BHPian

Aura alloys website lists 98 PCD 15" alloys
Old 28th July 2009, 19:56   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Aura alloys website lists 98 PCD 15" alloys
Aura is shutting its aftermarket alloys sales and mostly you wont get those either unless you have some left over stock.

@Cliffhanger, No luck yet mate. The hunt is on and is getting hotter.

UPDATE :

The car has gone for its first service and I will be getting it back tomorrow evening. Those service centre guys congratulated me saying that I am the first Punto owner to get the car serviced

List of nitwits to be handled,

1. Gearbox alingment
2. Gearknob plastic issue (checked another punto and it wasnt moving)
3. Rear left window rattling
4. Rear Parcel tray clip is popping out quite often
5. A quick check on the seats and doorpads fitments.

I wanted to get an antenna fitted but he quoted 1.5k, which I felt is a little too much compared to what I can pick an aftermarket one outside for.

And guys, HEAVY DIYs happening at my place for my baby. So stay glued to this thread
Old 28th July 2009, 20:25   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to get an antenna fitted but he quoted 1.5k, which I felt is a little too much compared to what I can pick an aftermarket one outside for.

And guys, HEAVY DIYs happening at my place for my baby. So stay glued to this thread
Gearbox alingment -- ? whats this
is central locking now available at the dealership ?
interiors pics are still due from your side buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks