Senior - BHPian

Hi,

It seems after lot many Chennai guys bought Linea,
not it is the turn of Mumbai/Punekars to buy Puntos

Congratuations on booking a punto
keep posting your experience.
Old 20th July 2009, 07:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ever thought of white? Best suited for the Indian climate, easy to maintain, including the occassional touch ups warranted in our traffic. Grey film tinted windows make it look even better. Black is hell to maintain, and the car heats up like crazy, I have used one for a few years. Auto Bild carried a study that showed a interiors temp difference of 10% ( 40 to 50 ) in a white car and black car parked in the sun for 2 hours in the morning.
Old 20th July 2009, 07:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

I agree. I liked Red for its beauty - but maintainbility - white can't be beaten anyday. Not to mention it looks hot as well
Old 20th July 2009, 07:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Here's another reason for white - I remember reading some years ago a report that white cars are the most visible on highways, which increases your chances of staying accident free. The GP that I saw in the showroom looked elegant in white as well, btw. Carries the color well, some cars don't.
Old 20th July 2009, 07:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am a big fan of white, all my cars are white.

BUT, I saw a white punto and it was too "off white" (yellowish) for my liking. So, I would vote against white punto.
Old 20th July 2009, 08:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Black would a nightmare to maintain... red would be the better option.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:45   #22
BHPian

congrats crimson,

I thought you were looking for a petrol car as you were unhappy with the NVH of the diesel?
1.4 FIRE didn't manage to convince you?
Old 20th July 2009, 13:16   #23
BHPian

The decisions been made (Actually made for me... My GF insisted it has to be black)! I know its a pain to maintain but ill do it. I'm Committed ;-) I'm gonna have to get someone to wash the car on a daily basis now.

Now that i'm sure of the color would really appreciate any tips on maintaining it. Is there any special type of teflon coating - better than the normal one? I don't mind paying a bit more if it makes a difference? Is it possible to get a "clear coat" applied? If yes then where from in Pune?

@neotraveller
You are correct about the issue I had with the NVH of the MJD but i cannot go in for a Petrol. My current running is about 2100km per month and it could even go up. I guess i can live with that noise.

Last edited by Crimson : 20th July 2009 at 13:30.
Old 20th July 2009, 13:58   #24
Senior - BHPian

Try putting polyfill (from pillows) into the engine compartment deadening material. Should help
Old 20th July 2009, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Try putting polyfill (from pillows) into the engine compartment deadening material. Should help
Is this safe? Isn't there a risk of it catching fire because of the heat?
Old 20th July 2009, 15:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

@crimson... You might not have to use any sound deadening at all. Users have reported decrese in engine noise as the engine runs-in.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:16   #27
BHPian

@extreme_torque
I know. I'm not going to touch her for a month or 2. Just want to enjoy her in stock form. All the peteing, air intakes etc etc can all wait.

Damn! I'm so excited! :-)
Old 20th July 2009, 15:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Ever thought of white? Best suited for the Indian climate, easy to maintain, including the occassional touch ups warranted in our traffic. Grey film tinted windows make it look even better. Black is hell to maintain, and the car heats up like crazy, I have used one for a few years. Auto Bild carried a study that showed a interiors temp difference of 10% ( 40 to 50 ) in a white car and black car parked in the sun for 2 hours in the morning.

Hey. Sorry I missed your post earlier. I did like the white very much. But in the end as i said earlier the choice was made for me - I had no say! I chose the car and my GF chose the color!
Old 20th July 2009, 16:34   #29
BHPian

Does anyone have a link to the English advertisement for the Punto? I have not seen it as yet.
Old 20th July 2009, 16:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Congratulations and celebrations!!

I too have a loan from hdfc and insurance from bajaj for the punto.
No issues whatsoever,if you get it done from bajaj,it costed me 15,600 to get the insurance done,and if you get it from the showroom,its around 17,800.

The sales guy is advising you against bajaj,because he'll miss out on commission. Nothing more.
The insurance came out to be Rs. 12,000 from Bajaj Allianz for my MJD Punto E pack. Try and negotiate hard with the Bajaj guys. You will be surprised how much money you would be able to save. In fact, I could have bargained more, but I had to take delivery on the same day. Cheers!

Most Viewed