Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 16:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Just booked the GP Emotion Pack MJD from Pandit. I have booked a red but may just change it to a black tomorrow. Im tossing between the two and not really able to make up my mind.

They are charging about 18K for Tata AIG insurance. However I have been offered Baja insurance for cheaper (will now the exact value tomrrow morning) if i take the loan directly from the HDFC bank. What do you guys suggest. The sales guy said that I should not take insurance from Bajaj. Any suggestions..?
Buddy .. don't go to Pandit. I don't know who you met at B U but the B U sales people are extremely helpful. I can help you out with B U if its not too late already. (I guess you already know about how helpful they have been with my car)

I stay right across Pandit's showroom and yet I have bought a Safari and a Punto from B U. That might tell you how badly they treated me.

About insurance : go with Bajaj Allianz. I got mine policy for 13,600 directly from the company. No middlemen, no commissions.

PM me and I will pass on all the relevant information to you.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:17   #32
BHPian

Thanks amoghchaphalkar,

Ill give you a call tomorrow for sure. I think if I cancel the booking now i will have to pay the 10K cancellation fee.
Old 20th July 2009, 21:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
The insurance came out to be Rs. 12,000 from Bajaj Allianz for my MJD Punto E pack. Try and negotiate hard with the Bajaj guys. You will be surprised how much money you would be able to save. In fact, I could have bargained more, but I had to take delivery on the same day. Cheers!
The dealer got down the insurance from 18500 to 15000 the moment I mentioned id be doing it from outside on my own. I guess Ill push them a little more when I go there again.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:40   #34
BHPian

Should I change the Stock tyres immediately? Or are they good enough to live with?
Old 21st July 2009, 15:58   #35
BHPian

I would suggest not to change the stock tyres. I had the same reservation in my mind when I got my car. I have been a Bridgestone user all my life.

But then I went to various tyre dealers and enquired about the Goodyear 195/65 R15 tyre and I got to hear some good reports. One of them even said to me that "Even if you have not bought the tyre from me, I guarantee you that Goodyear will give you good service."

If you have the time, go to the tyre dealers on Tilak Road (travel towards Swargate from Pandit showroom .. there are 3-4 of them) and enquire about Goodyear's quality of service.

I have used Michelin's on my Skoda (factory fitted tyres) and their service is pathetic. I have never experience Bridgestone's service quality since the tyres have never failed (touchwood)

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 21st July 2009 at 16:00.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitcd View Post
congrats crimson, even i booked a red punto mjd @pandit today. the on price came to around 6.81. what was yours?
try bargaining for insurance, i got a 2k off on insurance from reliance.
regarding freebies, they did not offer anything even after a lot of hard bargaining.

i had booked a black punto but keeping in mind the hassles to maintain a black color, i am changing my mind for a red one now.

what is the delivery date they have committed to you?
1. Are you eligible for a corporate discount? I got ~13000/- Corporate Discount

2. Freebies - Nothing offered to me as well. Though I have not given up as yet. I am going to pester them after my PDI to give me atleast the mats and mudflaps for free. Lets see.

3. I took Amogh's adivce and spoke to the Bajaj Insurance guy. He offered it to me at 13512/-. The insured value of the car was 613000/-. So thats 100% of ex-showroom price. Pandit's best offer was 15500/- for insurance.
Thanks Amogh!

4. I'm sure if we do the RTO and registration on our own we will save atleast 5k there too but that may just be too much to handle.

5. Booking amt they asked for was 50k. How much did you pay?

6. They have not committed to an exact date as yet but have said 3 to 4 weeks waiting. Ill push them for an exact date after a couple of days.

BTW. I have not yet informed the sales guy that I will be doing the insurance on my own. I hope that wont cause an issue. Do i need to tell them immediately?

So that makes 683160 - (4608 insurance saving) - (13000 Corp Disc) = 665552/-
Old 21st July 2009, 19:32   #37

Crimson, look for my answers below -

1. My firm being a small US business consultancy firm, I don't think it will be listed in their categories

3. Regarding insurance, I have heard that if we get the vehicle insured from the dealer, the claims would be cashless. Is this true?

5. Booking amt was same as yours - 50k.

6. As for delivery date, even I was told 3-4 weeks. Not a worry for me as I want the car to be delivered on 23rd Aug, on the occasion of Ganpati.

Guys, should I opt for protective color coat for the body. The Pandit guys quoted a figure of 7k with additional three coats eligible in 2yrs.
Old 21st July 2009, 19:58   #38
BHPian

Hi,
Insurance done by the dealer or at your own end doesn't matter as far as the cashless insurance claim is concerned. If the company has cashless transaction, it works, irrespective of where you got the policy from.
I think Bajaj is a good bet if you can negotiate with them directly. Showroom guys always get a commission if they facilitate the policy.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:16   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitcd View Post
3. Regarding insurance, I have heard that if we get the vehicle insured from the dealer, the claims would be cashless. Is this true?
Thats not true. You can go to the website of each of the insurance companies and get a list of cashless centers in your city. Make sure the dealership service center is one of them and you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
About insurance : go with Bajaj Allianz. I got mine policy for 13,600 directly from the company. No middlemen, no commissions.
Thanks Amogh for this information. I am buying an I20 and I got my insurance down from 19,700 (from the dealer - HDFC Ergo - 95% Ex showroom IDV) to 13,500 (Bajaj @ 100% Ex showroom IDV). Here is what I did: Went to policybazaar.com and search for quotes. Bajaj was around 14000. I was not too sure of buying online, so asked the Bajaj Allianze guys to call me (there is a facility on their website). In the mean time, I had called an agent known to me who deals with insurance and he quoted by 155000 for the same. The Bajaj guy called and offerred 13,600. Then I called my guy again and he matched it to 13,500 and I took it from him :-) Since I know this guy, I felt more comfortable. He will come home today to take the check from me and will give the insurance cover note (needed for registration) to the dealership. Lesson: shop a bit and you can same more than 5000 on your insurance!

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th July 2009 at 11:49. Reason: back to back posts, use multi quote please.
Old 26th July 2009, 07:59   #40
BHPian

Its been one week since I booked the car. After lots of haggling, got the loan at 10.25% from HDFC. Is this good?

Pandit emailed me a list of accessories with prices. See the attached file.

Would getting this done from outside void some warranty? I'm assuming that for under body treatment some parts would need to be removed and refitted.

The sales guys were quite dissapointed when I said i would be doing these on my own from outside. I told them that if they offer me the same rate as I would get from 3M directly then I would be more than happy to get it all done at the showroom itself.

Things I want to get done:

1. Vinyl dresser coating to all the inner panels
2. 3M Paint Protection. Guess this is better than Teflon coating.
3. 3M / Wurth Sound Nullifier or Sound Proofing
4. Sunfilm
a Front Screen with Anti-Glare 3M CR70 or VKool 70
b. Windows 3M CR50
5. Under Chassis Treatment with Antirust

What is Engine Waxing? Is it recommended? Also,am I missing out any essentials?
Attached Files
File Type: doc PANDIT - FIAT_Punto.doc (28.5 KB, 1085 views)

Last edited by Crimson : 26th July 2009 at 08:00.
Old 26th July 2009, 09:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

That's BLOODY expensive for garware film.
mobile charger (5 in 1) is 120 from cellmate.

underbody treatment is robbery. 313 bucks is what the bottle costs. You can do it yourself if you have somehting to spray from, and access to a hydraulic high-lift jack. I got it done in 1000 and made sure that the bugger emptied the damn canister
Old 27th July 2009, 13:07   #42
BHPian

Dealer called. Should get the car by this weekend. Much earlier than expected!

Can I please have some quick updates on whether any warranty would void if I do under chassis treatment / Antirust / Sound proofing etc from outside? The dealer rates are too high.
Old 28th July 2009, 10:42   #43
BHPian

Get all these things done outside. There wouldn't be any warranty issues. I am particularly not in favour of teflon coating/chasis treatment etc. I find it a waste of money.

Have a Palio for 4 years now and the colour has the same gloss as it was 4 years ago. Nothing a quick rub polish can't correct.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:59   #44
BHPian

Quote:
3. I took Amogh's adivce and spoke to the Bajaj Insurance guy. He offered it to me at 13512/-. The insured value of the car was 613000/-. So thats 100% of ex-showroom price. Pandit's best offer was 15500/- for insurance.
Thanks Amogh!
No problem buddy !! We are all part of the TBHP family and therefore ought to help each other

Quote:
BTW. I have not yet informed the sales guy that I will be doing the insurance on my own. I hope that wont cause an issue. Do i need to tell them immediately?
I dont know if its too late already !! but yes, you have to inform him in advance. Inform the engine number and chassis number to the insurance agent. Also email him a scanned copy of the invoice and he will generate your policy.

Good luck with the purchase.

Let me know if you want to meet up after your car is delivered.

I think its time we started a "Pune Punto Owners Club" What say ?
Old 30th July 2009, 14:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Congratulations and celebrations!!

I too have a loan from hdfc and insurance from bajaj for the punto.
No issues whatsoever,if you get it done from bajaj,it costed me 15,600 to get the insurance done,and if you get it from the showroom,its around 17,800.

The sales guy is advising you against bajaj,because he'll miss out on commission. Nothing more.

I got the bajaj allianz quote for 13807/- for my new punto diesel emotion pack.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks