Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 20:23   #46
BHPian

A quick Update:

Will not be getting the car this weekend because the Loan processing took longer than expected. Dealer has called me to check out the car on Saturday. This is because I did not sign the i20 form (RTO Registration related) earlier because I wanted to see the car before getting it registered.

If things go well I should get delivery of the vehicle on Monday or Tuesday. Lets see! :-)

Last edited by Crimson : 30th July 2009 at 20:24.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:24   #47
BHPian

i20 form for a Punto? Now, is that what we call ironic? Couldn't help but smile.
Old 30th July 2009, 20:26   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
i20 form for a Punto? Now, is that what we call ironic? Couldn't help but smile.
I was expecting something like this!
Old 30th July 2009, 21:50   #49
BHPian

crimson,are you sure you are getting the corporate discount?
My car has just arrived and I'm yet to pay the dealer. When I asked him about corporate discount, he said "No discounts at all Sir, this is a newly launched car".

Is he trying to fleece me?

Btw, I work for one of India's biggest MNCs..
Old 31st July 2009, 17:09   #50
BHPian

Here you go.

It mentions TATA Group employees but im sure the discount is also applicable non TATA Companies. Would be a bit less though in my opinion.

It says below in the image Offer for GP is valid from 15 July to 31 July
Attached Thumbnails
Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report-corporate-disc.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf July 09.pdf (427.9 KB, 2160 views)

Last edited by Crimson : 31st July 2009 at 17:14.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Here you go.

It mentions TATA Group employees but im sure the discount is also applicable non TATA Companies. Would be a bit less though in my opinion.

It says below in the image Offer for GP is valid from 15 July to 31 July

TATA has listed down all the companies in 3 categories for discount.

1) Category A - 6000/- (i got this even though my company is listed as diamond in other car makers discount list)
2) Category B - 9000/-
3) Category C - 12000/-

All the indian based companies come under category C.
Old 2nd August 2009, 06:52   #52
BHPian

Need Help

I went and saw my car yesterday at the showroom.

There were some minor scratches all over. Especially on the bonnet were it had circular ring like scratches. The front & rear bumber also had a minor scratch.

Anyway, I drew a picture of the car on a paper and marked all places where I could find scratches. I was told the scratches would be removed and if necessary the bonnet would be repainted. However he kept saying that since its black such hairline scratches will always show.

Is this acceptable on a new black car? I intend to get the 3m Paint coating done immediately. My question is that come wednesday when i would be taking delivery of the car, if there are minor hairline scratches should I take it? Will the 3m Coating fix it? or should I ask for it to be painted again?

I need to explain what I mean by hairline scratches. Its not that the paint has come out. But rather they seem like light grey lines on the black body.

Secondly, I was offered 2200 buyback for the stock tyres and both Yokohama 205/55R15 and Michelin Primacy LC 195/50R15 were both offered at 4400 a tyre. I know Amogh suggested that the stock tyres are pretty good but assuming I do decide to change would appreciate some help in deciding between these 2.
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to explain what I mean by hairline scratches. Its not that the paint has come out. But rather they seem like light grey lines on the black body.
If they are hairline scratches then I don't think you need to worry. Rubbing compound or even 3M should take care of that.
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:28   #54

Quote:
I went and saw my car yesterday at the showroom.

There were some minor scratches all over. Especially on the bonnet were it had circular ring like scratches. The front & rear bumber also had a minor scratch.
I wouldn't buy such a car. My car (red) was spotless when I did PDI. Why don't you ask them to show you other new cars in their stockyard and check for yourself?
Old 2nd August 2009, 10:58   #55
BHPian

I think someone else in the forum had upgraded from Goodyear GT3 to Michelin Primary LC in his linea. He has very good opinion about the new tyre. Reduces noise and adds stability is what he reported. I think he was offered a price of 4800-4900 per tyre for michelin, and looking at that, your price looks good. Will upgrading to 205 s add some difficulty for the punto? I am also intending to do some tyre upgrade for my punto, which I may book this week.
Interestingly though, one of my friends had upgraded to Michelin for his Swift, and one of the tyres got worn out in 20000 kms, and he had to replace all four with Appollo. That got me confused! Do we have Bridgestones or Yokos coming in 195 size?
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:21   #56
BHPian

Well this is the first time i'm buying a black car. I would like to know from ppl who have bought a black previously what to expect from a brand new car.

Is it practical to expect a black car to look as "spotless" as another color? I'd like some genuine opinions on this.
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
If they are hairline scratches then I don't think you need to worry. Rubbing compound or even 3M should take care of that.
Rubbing compound on a BRAND NEW FACTORY PAINTED CAR ??????????
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:46   #58
BHPian

Does changing from stock Tyres 195 / 60 R15 to 205/55/R15 make any difference to driving?

@crimson. i would not buy my car if i see any kind of scratches like that. I have booked a black one too and i expect that to be in perfect condition like they painted in factory. Any scratches or anything happens after i take the car will be my own headache but when i buy i would want perfect shiney car.
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
Does changing from stock Tyres 195 / 60 R15 to 205/55/R15 make any difference to driving?.
F-e would drop considerably for starters,and do not go in for 55's,the diesel has a g.c. of 171mm

quoted from GTO's review

Quote:
• Ground clearance stats read as 173mm & 171mm for the petrol & diesel variants respectively. With 3 on board & a full load of luggage, we didn't scrape anywhere. However, we didn't encounter XL size speed breakers either. I will hold further comment on this until the owners start reporting.
With 5 onboard my car has scraped the road on a number of occasions,[but they were extremely bad roads too],going in for a 55,will lower the car profile further,60 is just fine.

If you want to go in for a tyre change,go in for a michelin primacy 195/60/r 15,those will keep the car and you happy for quite a while.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:58   #60
BHPian

Ok. Here is whats happened since I saw the car the first time.

1. They do not have any any available black cars in the stock yard as they claim they only ask for a black based on orders. If I would have insisted for another car then I would have had to wait another 3-4 weeks for them to get another one.

2. They have repainted the Bumper & Bonet. I told them that if I found even the slightest paint difference I would not take the car. I will be going to check out the car tomorrow.

2. The have done 3M paint treatment free of cost and they claim it has totally cleared all minor hairline scratches I had found.

They have assured that registration would only be done after I gave my OK for the car. If I find all OK, I should have the car by Friday. If not, then ill ask for another piece and will have to wait 3 more weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks