Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 11:23   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Sorry to butt in. But just go back a few posts of sunilrj and its clear that Karlsson is the winner by far. They are much smaller than Stanley but have a tastefully done showroom in Indiranagar and carry exclusive leathers from Sweden which they import in bulk for projects. Their prices are unbeatable for the thicker leathers and quality is top notch. Guess their overheads are much lower than Stanley. At that price for Linea leather seats I would take it and run. I liked their exclusivity and honesty, Stanley has become too common and very expensive. Recently saw some MERU airport cab seats done by Stanley There goes the Stanley exclusivity !!! But Stanley are still better than the Indian leather guys like Ceralli, Ovion, Pensee etc . These are not even finished well and smell bad as the leather is processed locally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Luky! i missed your post somehow.. however Hypercar has replied and echoed all my thoughts.. go for Karlsson dude! its a worth and wise investment!
Thanks guys, point noted. Will peep into Karlsson on Sunday and investigate some more details. I also have a feeling that stanley has started taking their customers for granted, i had to call 5 people to get exact prices and details. They were much more customer friendly 4 years back when i got my swift done up and it costed just 14K that time.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:26   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Aswin,
I thought,it's not required for our cars.
Seems,our cars are already updated with the version or similar one.
Check the Instruction PDF,Before updation the MediaPlayer has been shown as 'M M Player'.
Now our cars are displaying 'Media Player' only.
Yep. I never saw MM Player on my Screen. Its always been 'Media Player" .My chica arrived on April 24th. How can i check my B&M version. I use a Sony Ericsson w960i and have no problem whatsoever till now. However it doesnt support message reader (dont miss this feature anyway) and i dont get the phone ringer in my speaker (just the regular trriing ).

But , as the instructions say, dont upgrade if all working fine .. i think i m fine ! and btw my phone is not even on the list
Old 12th August 2009, 13:10   #228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Aswin,
I thought,it's not required for our cars.
Seems,our cars are already updated with the version or similar one.
Check the Instruction PDF,Before updation the MediaPlayer has been shown as 'M M Player'.
Now our cars are displaying 'Media Player' only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Yep. I never saw MM Player on my Screen. Its always been 'Media Player" .My chica arrived on April 24th. How can i check my B&M version. I use a Sony Ericsson w960i and have no problem whatsoever till now. However it doesnt support message reader (dont miss this feature anyway) and i dont get the phone ringer in my speaker (just the regular trriing ).

But , as the instructions say, dont upgrade if all working fine .. i think i m fine ! and btw my phone is not even on the list
Yes. Our cars are displaying "Media Player" since beginning. As FastLove asked how do we check our B&M version?

My phone Nokia 6265 CDMA is not in the list. Also, the 1st line in Instructions is intrguing me, it says - If B&M works properly for your phone & if there is no need to listen music from new Apple iPhone or iPods, proceeding with the new software update is not recommended.

This is stopping me since beginning to go for it. However, am not sure how long can I resist as - 1) I'm a techie so always have this "kida" of testing softwares & 2) my phone does not support some features like Message Reader etc.

FastLove - your phone Sony Erickisson listed in the list there. However it does not support 2 features - 1) MSG reader & 2) Reproduction of Ring tone on Audio system
Old 12th August 2009, 13:30   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove - your phone Sony Erickisson listed in the list there. However it does not support 2 features - 1) MSG reader & 2) Reproduction of Ring tone on Audio system
hey VP thanks yaar for that . My oversight. It is there But nothing new for me in the upgrade . i m happy witht the present version and also remember the rule (even if you are a techie) - "DOnt Fix something that is not broken "
Old 12th August 2009, 13:40   #230
BANNED

Quote:
hey VP thanks yaar for that . My oversight. It is there But nothing new for me in the upgrade . i m happy witht the present version and also remember the rule (even if you are a techie) - "DOnt Fix something that is not broken "
Yes that rule & also the fact that if something goes wrong, TASS won't be able to do anything for sure as they do not know ABCD of B&M is stopping me to update the version eventhough I downloaded many B&M software files in Apr'09 itself
Old 12th August 2009, 14:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

what does N in the phone cpmpatibility list mean?. i have a n82 it does not read message. It says N in the sms category

And from where did you download the 5.4 thing? is it the same website which i had listed in my thread?

Karthik

i dont think our is 5.4 as it shows a tab "update". The update thing has been taken off in 5.4 . Just have a look at the instructions

Last edited by geeash : 12th August 2009 at 14:05.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:09   #232
BHPian

I took my Linea's delivery in June the car is EPZ (i.e May Manufactured) Even My screen shows Media player.

I checked the Sony ericsson K550i today it worked fine. B&M could read the messages quiet well and I was able to make and recieve calls comfortably. And I think phone ringer will not play in the speakers it would only be the Blue & Me ringer.

Can anyone guide me how can we set the volume of the lady that speaks. Everytime I have to increase the volume by + button and misses some initial part of the message.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:28   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Can anyone guide me how can we set the volume of the lady that speaks. Everytime I have to increase the volume by + button and misses some initial part of the message.
Press Menu button on central system console on Music system. Navigate thro' up/ down arrow keys located on music system (which is used to change CD tracks). You'll find "External Source Volume". Increase the volume there & your B&M volume as well as volume of that lovely lady will increase
Old 12th August 2009, 16:02   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Press Menu button on central system console on Music system. Navigate thro' up/ down arrow keys located on music system (which is used to change CD tracks). You'll find "External Source Volume". Increase the volume there & your B&M volume as well as volume of that lovely lady will increase
Righto ! and also when you increase "External Source Volume" all other volume associated with using Phone like Ring Volume, Callers Voice will increase along witht the lady's voice !
Old 12th August 2009, 22:57   #235
BHPian

update on 5.4 B&M Update

like i posted this morning, the update went on fine. was testing the B&M today the whole day since i got in a traffic Jam that lasted more than 2 hours on account of a fire in a High rise.

the Update is very stable. sometimes there was this issue of 'private number' being displayed even when the number was in the phonebook of B&m. this issue has been sorted out.

when the car is started even though at the time of stopping the media player used to be on, sometimes the CD used to come on and then i had to maually select media player

sometimes by mistake if the 'update' feature was pressed, it used to search for GPRS connection for a long long time rendering all menus useless

in the initial handshake of a paired phone (Blackberry) with B&M, the phone used to be inoperable for about 30 seconds with a message on the phone display saying 'connecting to desktop' this issue has vanished.

Update 5.4 also makes ecodrive available on the Linea ? this is what one techie told me. need to install version 5.4 and then ecodrive on the TD car at the TASS and verify!
Old 13th August 2009, 10:03   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Update 5.4 also makes ecodrive available on the Linea ? this is what one techie told me. need to install version 5.4 and then ecodrive on the TD car at the TASS and verify!
Will wait for your feedback on that. . I have the setup files downloaded however I dont want to take a chance with my own car. Dont know weather TASS will give their car for experiment now.
Old 14th August 2009, 08:19   #237
BHPian

Boot spoiler For linea

price: rs. 5100
Source: ebay UK
Shipping Time: 10 days

here is the boot spoiler for the Linea! Made of Fibre
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-sp1.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-sp2.jpg  

Old 14th August 2009, 08:40   #238
BHPian

That correct. Its a spoiler, I would say looks spoiler. I think linea looks better without this spoiler. Or probably a side view gives us more idea.

I like the cosmetic kit on the Linea Monte Blanc. I hope you must have checked the pics. The side skirt, spoiler, sunroof all looks fabulous
Old 14th August 2009, 08:42   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Righto ! and also when you increase "External Source Volume" all other volume associated with using Phone like Ring Volume, Callers Voice will increase along witht the lady's voice !
Thanks mates I will check it today.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:05   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
That correct. Its a spoiler, I would say looks spoiler. I think linea looks better without this spoiler. Or probably a side view gives us more idea.

I like the cosmetic kit on the Linea Monte Blanc. I hope you must have checked the pics. The side skirt, spoiler, sunroof all looks fabulous

yes..! i have always maintained that spoilers spoil the looks of executive sedans. spoilers are always best fitted on sports cars / hatches! i have seen the Linea Monte Blanc and even spoken to a seller in brazil regarding the kit. after taxes, duties etc, the kit will cost a whopping 3 lakh rupees when it lands in india.!! and its made of ABS plastic which does not crack or flake!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks