Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 06:49   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
An exclusive deal is on offer from the co; Rs.6000 (exclusive of shipping charges) for a minimum quantity of 5 pieces irrespective of different customers and location.

Guys any one interested in this? or is it worth it?
wow..wildon..u managed some arm twisting with Mr. Trehan. 6000/- is worth it considering i paid 5900/- in march. however in march he had listed it on ebay and ebay rules are such that at the end of auction the seller cannot retract from sales even if he hasnt got the price he was expecting. the highest bid has to be honoured. am sure there are several tbhpians in bangalore who would be interested in this product. cobble up a group of 5 send the payment and get the item !
Old 2nd August 2009, 06:58   #137
BANNED

He is quoting the shipping charges as Rs.500-650 depending on the state, sending via TNT Surface.

Meantime i just had a look at Karcher. Oh boy! they have hell a lot of varieties. For the consumer products 'VIVEKS' are the dealer. Calling them up on Monday and will update you guys with pricing.
Old 2nd August 2009, 07:51   #138
BHPian

three Month Update

today is 3 months since i took delivery of my lady in white.
done 2002 Kilometres till date. total fuel filled in is 35 Litres on May 3rd, 33 Litres on June 1st and 34 Litres on June 30th and have about 1/4th tank of Diesel Left! so average mileage is about 20 KMPL in city driving conditions

with my SX4 it used to be 33 Litres once in 14 days! No major Niggles, No rattles as i never let anyone open anything unless its absolutely essential. the only issue was the messed up paint job, and the flooded footwell which was rectified as mentioned earlier in the threads.

several Minor Mods have been done to do up the lady which again have been detailed in my thread.

Mods pending: 1. want to try out the Huper Optik Tints which is said to be good. however dont feel like removing the 3M RE35 tints that give the royal looks.

2. have ordered the OE rubber floor mats contoured to fit the Linea footwells and the Linea Boot Mats from germany!
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:08   #139
BHPian

@Wildon, Do you have access to Metro stores in Bangalore. They have the following item for sale.

eBay India: BOSCH Aquatak 100 - 100bar High Pressure Washer (item 180379137311 end time 28-Jul-2009 05:54:03 IST)

Cost is around 6500 Rs. I feel it is really worth to buy it. It comes with one year warranty too. In case you need any help to buy it let me know.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:25   #140
BHPian

Karllson Leather - Swift Interiors

here are the pics of Karllson seats on a friends Swift

PS: i have no commercial Interest in posting these pics. these pics are for the benefit of Tbhpians who have been for long been given Low Quality Indian Hides at astronomical Costs giving references like 100K aircraft leather or aston Martin Leather!.

it is done up with the super premium top of the line Elmotech leather 1.5 mm thick which is probably the most exclusive leather in the world that you can put into any car. It is natural grain, chrome free and exceeds all international automotive specifications. Soft to touch and very luxurious.
A swift fully dressed up in this exclusive leather is about 45K plus 12.5% VAT.
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-p1000579.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-p1000584.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-p1000586.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-p1000582.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-p1000576.jpg  

Last edited by Sunilrj : 3rd August 2009 at 16:27.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:53   #141
BHPian

@ Sunil

I read in the forum that you got the 1 Door painted from BASF RnD center. Does this looks as good as other 4 doors ? How is the gloss. And some experts say that a repainted door as easily noticable.

The Car's Original paint is baked properly to give strength and shine. I just want to know what would happen in the case the scratch or dent is on a part which cannot be taken off the car, say part on which fuel lid is there, you cannot take that off the car, how would one bake it @ BASF. And in case if the complete car goes into the Baking compartment what would happen to Bumper, Rubber packings and all.

Many people live with the scratch or dent as they say that Paint is orginal and car is never painted. On the otherhand I hardly see any Merc or BMW with scratch or dent on the body.

Any Idea, What is the approach of most of the sedan owners towards scratch or dent, Do they go immidiatly and get the denting and painting done ?
Old 3rd August 2009, 21:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
@ Sunil

I read in the forum that you got the 1 Door painted from BASF RnD center. Does this looks as good as other 4 doors ? How is the gloss. And some experts say that a repainted door as easily noticable.

The Car's Original paint is baked properly to give strength and shine. I just want to know what would happen in the case the scratch or dent is on a part which cannot be taken off the car, say part on which fuel lid is there, you cannot take that off the car, how would one bake it @ BASF. And in case if the complete car goes into the Baking compartment what would happen to Bumper, Rubber packings and all.

Many people live with the scratch or dent as they say that Paint is orginal and car is never painted. On the otherhand I hardly see any Merc or BMW with scratch or dent on the body.

Any Idea, What is the approach of most of the sedan owners towards scratch or dent, Do they go immidiatly and get the denting and painting done ?

yes sachin the door looks as good as the other doors or body panels. you wouldnt even know that its been repainted as the same 255 clear coat has been used.

if there is a dent / scratch on any panel that cannot be taken out, it can be painted in the dealer paint booth. as long as proper standard operating procedures are adhered to. in case of dealer paint booths the max temperature setting would be 70 degrees, at which nothing would happen to the rubber / plastic parts since its just hot air that is blown in the booths. the underlying fact is that even though in the factory paint booths the metal parts are subjected to 140 degree heat, its just for 10-15 minutes. in dealer booths 70 degrees EMT (effective metal temperature) needs to be maintained for 30-60 minutes depending on the type of clear coats used, 155 clear 25 minutes, 255 clear 55 minutes etc. the problem with most dealers is that they try to cut costs of the diesel powered burners and either dont bake the paint for the specified time or put off the burner as soon as 70 degrees is reached on the temperature display panel!

yes originally painted panels are always better. however due to some unfortunate circumstances you need to do a touch up always insist on 155 / 255 clear and not racing clear which dries out within 5 minutes, but leaves the panel looking as though its repainted as well as gives the orange peel look!

The D segment and Luxury / lifestyle segment cars like audi/ BMW / mercs etc also suffer scratches / dents etc. however the Authorised service centres do not have pressure of finishing 20-30 vehicles in a day as well as use the same OE paints (waterbased paints in case of merc/ Audi/VW) whereas the paints of the lower segments are basically PU based.so they stick to the standard operating procedures regarding baking, application etc. now coming to water based paints, the dealers are forced to source the paints from the OE suppliers Like BASF in case of Audi / VW whereas in the lower segment cars the dealers source them from cheaper alternatives dupont in the case of TASS for Fiat even though BASF uses Glasurite paints in the Fiat Plant. so colour matching becomes a issue. even dupont has standard operating procedures which are hardly followed by the TASS

as regards Painting / repair of dents / scratches depends on the owners love and passion for his vehicle. i wouldnt like to be seen around in a dented / scratched car

Last edited by Sunilrj : 3rd August 2009 at 22:03.
Old 4th August 2009, 09:06   #143
BHPian

Random Shots!

here are a few shots that were clicked this morning!

1. Pics 1 & 2 of the 'Fiat' Valve Caps
2. Pics 3,4,5,6 of the 'Linea' stainless steel Scuff Plate Imported from Germany
3. pics 7,8,9,10 of the beige leather seats on a Sunny day! they light up the Interiors and make them look airy!
4. Pic 11 of the rear Scuff Plate
5. Pics 12, 13 of the Karlsson logo on the Driver Seatback which catches the attention of quite a few prying eyes
6. Pic 14 of the Right rear painted door! Nicesachin Can you find any difference ??
7. Pic 15 of the K&N sticker
8. Pics 16, 17 of the Tyre Valve caps Once again
9. Pics 18, 19 of the Chrome Exhaust Tip again Imported from Germany
10. Pic 20 of the Fiat logo on the Boot in bright sunlight!
11. Pics 21, 22 of the K&N air filter Box and the OE filter of the Linea in orange
12. Pic 23 of the pressure washer machine
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00264.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00265.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00266.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00267.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00268.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00269.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00270.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00271.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00272.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00273.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00274.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00275.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00276.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00278.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00279.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00280.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00281.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00282.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00283.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00284.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00285.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00286.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-dsc00287.jpg  

Old 4th August 2009, 09:40   #144
BHPian

Hey Sunil, Nice shots, especially the seat and the chrome exhaust. So your car can be called as fully customized internally and externally . Only FIAT logo identifies it is a FIAT linea

Just want to know, which country's ebay site you buy all your stuff from - Germany or UK

Last edited by vinay.pillai : 4th August 2009 at 09:43.
Old 4th August 2009, 10:54   #145
BHPian

is there any increase in the hp after adding k&N air filter?!! i dont know anything about filters and free flow exhausts! i have just heard from my friends that it improves perfomance of the car. plz enlighten me if you can.
Old 4th August 2009, 12:35   #146
BHPian

Sunil, wow man.
I liked the chrome exhaust (with those water drops in the background) and the seat covers. Infact, the door scuffs too look classy.

Great photography. You make us feel jealous.

I need to somehow convince my wifey to spend some more money for my beauty
Old 4th August 2009, 12:37   #147
BHPian

Sunil, one question - K&N filter will not void the warranty ? ?
Old 4th August 2009, 13:35   #148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
here are the pics of Karllson seats on a friends Swift

PS: i have no commercial Interest in posting these pics. these pics are for the benefit of Tbhpians who have been for long been given Low Quality Indian Hides at astronomical Costs giving references like 100K aircraft leather or aston Martin Leather!.

it is done up with the super premium top of the line Elmotech leather 1.5 mm thick which is probably the most exclusive leather in the world that you can put into any car. It is natural grain, chrome free and exceeds all international automotive specifications. Soft to touch and very luxurious.
A swift fully dressed up in this exclusive leather is about 45K plus 12.5% VAT.
Looks very sporty and luxurious even though it is pricey. Nothing to beat real high quality leather for luxury. You are right I had a feel of these leathers at the Karlsson showroom in Indirangar, its really exclusive stuff from Sweden and they are not over priced at all. It looks like these guys carry some of the best leather that is available in India at the moment. The 1.5 mm scandinavian leather from Karlsson is serious value for money as we saw in your beautiful Linea.

Stanley does not have such a premium range of leather as claimed and charges a bomb for an inferior leather called nappa. That feels and looks like plastic! but Stanley is still better than the others like ovion, pensee, cerralli, saddles, haiton etc who come no where close and their leather looks and feels very ordinary. But they all claim to have the best !
Old 4th August 2009, 14:38   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hey Sunil, Nice shots, especially the seat and the chrome exhaust. So your car can be called as fully customized internally and externally . Only FIAT logo identifies it is a FIAT linea

Just want to know, which country's ebay site you buy all your stuff from - Germany or UK
Hi Vinay!

yes its a limited edition Fiat Linea MJD emotion pack!
i buy it from ebay.com which is the international Ebay site! also i search on ebay.co.uk, au, sg etc
Old 4th August 2009, 14:40   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
is there any increase in the hp after adding k&N air filter?!! i dont know anything about filters and free flow exhausts! i have just heard from my friends that it improves perfomance of the car. plz enlighten me if you can.
i wouldnt know much of FFE or exposed type filters. i have had OE type K&N replacement filters on all my cars and i find that the engine breathes easy and the chances of the filter getting clogged are less since this is a cotton filter with a wire mesh dipped in oil. yes the BHP increases a little bit as also the fuel effeciency

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks