Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 18:27   #196
BHPian

Oops. The site that you mentioned Sunil, orangecaresolutions, has been listed as dangerous by google. Probably unknown to the site owners, the site is reported as installing malware on browser's computer. Probably you can inform the site owners regarding this.
Old 9th August 2009, 18:48   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Oops. The site that you mentioned Sunil, orangecaresolutions, has been listed as dangerous by google. Probably unknown to the site owners, the site is reported as installing malware on browser's computer. Probably you can inform the site owners regarding this.
NutsNbolts. its opens fine on my system running on IE8 and Vista!

anyway here is the address etc:
ORANGE CARE SOLUTIONS INDIA (PVT) LTD.,Ground Floor, S.V.Complex,55, K.R.Road,Basavangudi,Bangalore - 560 004Phone : +91-80-41469017Email : orangecaregroup@gmail.com
Old 10th August 2009, 10:08   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Michelin primacy LC were Purchased from Wheel care, Mangalore. Cost per tyre was 4970/- exchange price for 1400 KM run tyres was 1300/-
This will set me back by nearly 18000 - not something I can afford right now, but I am concerned about the tyre noise. I didn't feel there was lot of tyre noise when I took the TD (maybe because of my old tyres in Santro). Do you really think the noise is annoying and a must change?
Old 10th August 2009, 11:26   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
This will set me back by nearly 18000 - not something I can afford right now, but I am concerned about the tyre noise. I didn't feel there was lot of tyre noise when I took the TD (maybe because of my old tyres in Santro). Do you really think the noise is annoying and a must change?
well the pleasure of driving is when the tyre noise is minimal and the ride comfort is good. trust me, come down to Mangalore, drive around in my Car and you will know the difference. Tyre noise is ZERO! you could change 4 tyres and keep the goodyear on the spare. that should bring down the cost to about 15K
Old 10th August 2009, 11:56   #200
Senior - BHPian

Yes,One of the major issue is the Tyre noise in Linea.
Good year is a Good tyre in handling but not in road noise diminution.
I too first thought of changing the tyres with Michilen Primacy LC.
After had discussion with wife(Finance Advisor),i keep the plan for some more months.may be after 20K kms in odometer.current reading is 6500+ kms.
if you exchange tyres earlier you will get a good buyback amount.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:29   #201
BHPian

I found the tyre noise really annoying, especially in the highways.
Old 10th August 2009, 14:45   #202
Senior - BHPian

For me the tyre noise has come down by 50-60% after the nitrogenation... you can try that. But if you still want a quite cabin then u need a switch
Old 10th August 2009, 14:47   #203
BHPian

@ Sunilrj - What is your opinion about the OEM headlight bulbs - is the light bright enough to be driven on the highways in night & during rains? Or have you upgraded to better bulbs?

Do the High & Low beams come on together when you push the switch towards hi-beam position?

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 10th August 2009 at 15:00.
Old 10th August 2009, 15:08   #204
BHPian

Quote:
NutsNbolts. its opens fine on my system running on IE8 and Vista!

anyway here is the address etc:
ORANGE CARE SOLUTIONS INDIA (PVT) LTD.,Ground Floor, S.V.Complex,55, K.R.Road,Basavangudi,Bangalore - 560 004Phone : +91-80-41469017Email : orangecaregroup@gmail.com
Please use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. IE does not have the best protection against malware
Old 10th August 2009, 15:38   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
@ Sunilrj - What is your opinion about the OEM headlight bulbs - is the light bright enough to be driven on the highways in night & during rains? Or have you upgraded to better bulbs?

Do the High & Low beams come on together when you push the switch towards hi-beam position?
Bhaskar. the OEM headlight bulbs are quite good. the light is pretty bright for driving on Highways at Night and during rains. yes the Hi and low come on together when the lever is brought to Hi-beam Position.

No i have not upgraded to better bulbs as i have already mentioned in my previous posts. please read the email recieved from Fiat regarding warranty issues in case of bulb changes
Old 10th August 2009, 16:12   #206
BHPian

Quote:
please read the email recieved from Fiat regarding warranty issues in case of bulb changes
Sunil - which email is this? Is this the one that one receives on buying the car? Pardon my ignorance on this.

But anyways, I din't know that FIAT creates warranty issues on changing bulbs - even with the same Wattage as the OEM ones?

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 10th August 2009 at 16:14.
Old 10th August 2009, 16:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Sunil - which email is this? Is this the one that one receives on buying the car? Pardon my ignorance on this.

But anyways, I din't know that FIAT creates warranty issues on changing bulbs - even with the same Wattage as the OEM ones?
Bhaskar i had sent a specific query to Fiat India which i am reposting below:

I had addressed this query asking if i could fit 100 W H1 and 80W H7 bulbs to the engineers @FIAPL and here is the reply that i got:

Dear Mr Sunil,

We would not really recommend any replacement of headlamp bulbs with aftermarket fitments, the bulbs suggested by doesn’t seems to be compatible with the other elements in headlamp assembly.

Regards,

Aashish Bhardwaj
Product Manager
FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD.
Corporate Park - II, 5th Floor, Sion Trombay Road,
Chembur, MUMBAI - 400 071.
Tel: +91-22-67293800, 67293836(D) Fax: +91-22-25226326
Old 11th August 2009, 21:03   #208
BHPian

Mates

Yesterday i discovered that the chrome beeding of the Rear right quarter glass was hanging down. took that off completly and kept it in the dickey.

What adhesive should be used to stick this back again. and I am also thinking to take off all the crome beedings and paste them again else i might loose them.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:12   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Mates

Yesterday i discovered that the chrome beeding of the Rear right quarter glass was hanging down. took that off completly and kept it in the dickey.

What adhesive should be used to stick this back again. and I am also thinking to take off all the crome beedings and paste them again else i might loose them.
Sachin, welcome to the Club. I am sure, everyone who owns a Linea would have faced this chromestrip falling off.

Please use Fevibond if you are DIY.

Would suggest, take it to the TASS and fix it there. Just ensure they DONT use Fevikwik.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
Mates

welcome to the falling beading club.! you need to visit a TASS and ask them to use Glass Sealant to attach the Chrome strip. else you can use fevibond / hitlock or any other rubber based adhesive to stick it back.

dont take off all the chrome beadings. only the rear quarter glass beadings have the habbit of falling off because of the glue used and because of the small size and curvature in the design which causes some surface tension which is a bit too much for the rubber based gum on the chrome strips to handle

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th August 2009 at 21:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks