Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 13:30   #271
BANNED

Well Said Ashwin

In fact, Neo is also not around for a few days
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:24   #272
BHPian

The boot spoiler has killed the cars look... Arrrggghhh!!!
Old 10th September 2009, 21:27   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
good one Star vegabond and vp. already geeash, karthik and Bnzjohn are complaining that their Gharwalis kick up a fuss when they spend on the baharwali (linea). . i just met another linea owner while i was at my friends accessory shop. he was saying his wife checks his cheque book and bank account everyday to see if he has spent anything on the car. the guy gets stuck even if he issues self cheques and bearer cheques even if the names bear remote resemblance to the names of the car accessory owners. and trust me this guy is in his late 40's. talk about passions ignited when an italian beauty is around!
Guys, in this regard I m so lucky. My wife never says 'NO' when it comes to buying / doing somethin on Linea. In fact she reminds me of anything that I forgets. Usually whenever I m home during my vacation (I have a work rotation of 28 days ON & 28 days OFF) and going to town to get something done on Linea, she never objects. But again there is a good reason for this. You know why??? Because I bought the car in her name
Old 11th September 2009, 07:28   #274
BHPian

guys! am back!

well sorry guys! i had to keep Tbhp aside since the past one month as this is a busy season for us CA's!

Updates in September:

1. the Boot mat that i ordered from germany has Arrived! fits perfectly in the Linea. a Worthwhile investment since i had to vaccum the boot everytime i visited the market or carried something in the boot.! that problem is gone

2. 5 months of Ownership and the engine now is super smooth! absolutely no noise from the engine into the passenger compartment while cruising down the very few roads that exist in mangalore!

3. had an auto kiss my rear bumper while i was parked at a signal. didnt even know that the auto had rear ended me until another road user drew my attention. got down and checked out. no dents. only a few scratches. went to Automatrix on 8th september and did up the Bumper as well as got the underside of the front bumper which got scratched on the 5th day of ownership due to a protruding pipe. job is perfect! totally happy with the paint shade and workmanship

4. have had an issue with the rs. 64/- per piece fender indicator assemblies. just as in the sx4, the ones on the linea seem to work themselves out from the fender. reason : the clip insidethe assembly seems to develop a crack. Automatrix found a solution for that by heating a piece of welding rod and inserting it on the foundation clip for additional strength! Result: 64 X 2 = 128 bucks saved every 3 months!

5. TATA dealership: is undergoing a sea change as far as cusotmer relations is concerned. they are more helpful, more precise and more accurate in their work now. in fact the MD came down to the work area where i was supervising the painting and had a long chat with me about my Car, Linea's and Punto's, and made no effort to hide his unfulfilled desire to have a Vocal white Linea. BTW he has a Black!

6. saw the Bossanova white Linea. from a distance there isnt any difference in shades between vocal white and Bossanova White. however the level of gloss and elegance is more in Vocal White than Bossanova white. Bossanova white is a solid colour without any pearl particles. the customer who had purchased the Bossanova white was enquiring if its possible to convert it to Vocal White!!!
7. its been quite a niggle free ownership of the Linea. so far So good! touch wood!

8. Also did an upgrade to the headlamps with Osram Nightbreakers H1 and H7! the quality of the light has definitely improved in our pot hole ridden roads!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th September 2009 at 07:43.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:46   #275
BHPian

welcome back Sunil. Enjoi
Old 11th September 2009, 09:58   #276
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Sunil Ji,

I might be going to germany by next month.
Just share the address/contacts of the german company where you bought all linea accessories .
So that i can make a visit there.

I also planned for tuning boxes.
I forgot the name of the company situated in Germany.
If anyone know,Please post here.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:03   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Welcome back Sunil Ji,

I might be going to germany by next month.
Just share the address/contacts of the german company where you bought all linea accessories .
So that i can make a visit there.

I also planned for tuning boxes.
I forgot the name of the company situated in Germany.
If anyone know,Please post here.
Hi karthik, Can you please also find out if readymade 'wooden dash kit' is available for Fiat Linea. I am very much interested in this as it would enhance the beauty of the interiors like a high segment car.
Appreciate your help.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:31   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Hi karthik, Can you please also find out if readymade 'wooden dash kit' is available for Fiat Linea. I am very much interested in this as it would enhance the beauty of the interiors like a high segment car.
Appreciate your help.
Sure,i'll do it.
I may go by Oct4 tentatively and come back after a month.
I'll check there and post here if i find any suitable item for our cars.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:35   #279
BHPian

hi!.

1.ready made wooden dash kits are available from a company called wooddash experts.
2. the name of the company for dicky mat / floor mats is octimex, Germany
3. there are several tuning boxes available for linea. petes imports one of them.
Old 19th September 2009, 13:26   #280
BHPian

Quote:
hi!.

1.ready made wooden dash kits are available from a company called wooddash experts.
3. there are several tuning boxes available for linea. petes imports one of them.
The wooden kits are for LH drive cars. Will it not be different if you use them in Indian version?
Old 21st September 2009, 22:03   #281
BHPian

Quote:
hi!.

Sunil,
Are you planning to get the wooden dash kits from this site? The one listed on this site seems to be for RHD Linea - With Digital A/C, Main Kit, 12 Pcs. - 2009 Fiat Linea Dash Kit
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:30   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Sunil,
Are you planning to get the wooden dash kits from this site? The one listed on this site seems to be for RHD Linea - With Digital A/C, Main Kit, 12 Pcs. - 2009 Fiat Linea Dash Kit
Correction to my earlier mail - the kit displayed on this site will not fit the RHD Linea. I just got a confiormation mail from Sales Department of CarId website.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:41   #283
BANNED

how much did the tyre swapping cost you from Goodyear to Michelin ?
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:04   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
had a PM asking me the breakup of the costs: so here it is:
1. seats 23K + 12.5% VAT
2. door trims + gear and Handbrake Boot - 2K + 12.5 % VAT
3. Installation, Travel and Transport - 3K
4. Tips to the Installer for his excellent work - 1.5K this serves as an encouragement to him when someone appreciates his work
++

Karlsons came to your place (mangalore) and did the seat cover work?
Do they also go other places - say to kannur/payyanur in kerala?

Do they have an email id?

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:36   #285
Senior - BHPian

@Sunilrj

I have now got their email id from their website.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks