Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 21:54   #211
BHPian

Blue&me version 5.4 released

It is quick and easy to update your Blue&MeTM because it is designed to be constantly upgraded and therefore compatible with the latest mobile phones and media players.Update software version 5.4

If you have the latest generation mobile phone, iPod or iPhone, you can, FREE OF CHARGE download the Blue&Me software 5.4 which will allow for increased compatibility with these devices.
First of all, check that your phone is compatible with the new update by checking the list available below.
If your Blue&MeTM works correctly with the mobile phones connected or you don’t listen to the music via your iPod or iPhone, we strongly advise you not to proceed with the software update.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf List of mobile phones for functions that can be activated.pdf (1.02 MB, 630 views)
File Type: pdf Instructions.pdf (27.6 KB, 1668 views)

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th August 2009 at 21:56.
Old 11th August 2009, 22:13   #212
BHPian

Talked with Iyengar Tyres regarding tyre exchange for the Linea. Goodyear GT3 costs 2400/- and he will take it back at 1900/-. Michelin Primacy LC costs 4600/-, so exchange price is 13500/- for 5 tyres.

Also dealer mentioned that Michelin tyres are not suitable for Indian roads and the side walls tear very easily and Michelin doesn't provide replacement as well. He recommended sticking to Indian made tyres than imported ones. Hoping to hear your opinion on this.
Old 11th August 2009, 22:39   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achinthg View Post
Talked with Iyengar Tyres regarding tyre exchange for the Linea. Goodyear GT3 costs 2400/- and he will take it back at 1900/-. Michelin Primacy LC costs 4600/-, so exchange price is 13500/- for 5 tyres.

Also dealer mentioned that Michelin tyres are not suitable for Indian roads and the side walls tear very easily and Michelin doesn't provide replacement as well. He recommended sticking to Indian made tyres than imported ones. Hoping to hear your opinion on this.

Michelin sells tyres in India with warranty! So what the dealer says is pure nonsense. margin on Michelin tyres is lesser compared to the other Indian brands. further the side walls will not tear unless you rip around and enter and egress potholes at speeds which can bend your rims.

here is the michelin India website and warranty Info: Warranty / Buying Guide / Home - www.michelin.in

just ask that learned dealer this: if the michelin Tyres were not suited for Indian roads how come Honda is giving Michelin tyres as OE on ANHC

here is the MRP of the Tyre primacy LC as mentioned on the website:
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-slide1.jpg  

Last edited by Sunilrj : 11th August 2009 at 22:46.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:41   #214
BHPian

Congarts

Sunil,
Congrats on the white lady . I like the color and envy the treatment you had given to it, be it Karlsson leather seats or kick plates ,... The list goes on.
I had read your thread in one shot, all 15 pages with a break on the accident linea. Thanks a lot for briefing on Karlsson leather, I could see the factory finish in it. Nice job.
I admire the way you pamper your car. The car's maintenance is a reflection of the driver's personality. Kudos to you buddy
I will join the Punto/Linea club once I am back in India.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:46   #215
BHPian

Sunil, I'm currently contemplating Karlsson vs Stanley. Spoke to them today they quoted 25,875.00 for linea scandinavian leather. Stanley quoted 38+ taxes for the same. What is your feedback on Karlsson ? Very valuable input!
Old 12th August 2009, 00:17   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
It is quick and easy to update your Blue&MeTM because it is designed to be constantly upgraded and therefore compatible with the latest mobile phones and media players.Update software version 5.4

If you have the latest generation mobile phone, iPod or iPhone, you can, FREE OF CHARGE download the Blue&Me software 5.4 which will allow for increased compatibility with these devices.
First of all, check that your phone is compatible with the new update by checking the list available below.
If your Blue&MeTM works correctly with the mobile phones connected or you don’t listen to the music via your iPod or iPhone, we strongly advise you not to proceed with the software update.
Have you personally tried the upgrade? I have a iPhone 3G and will need to upgrade
Old 12th August 2009, 07:11   #217
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Sunil, I'm currently contemplating Karlsson vs Stanley. Spoke to them today they quoted 25,875.00 for linea scandinavian leather. Stanley quoted 38+ taxes for the same. What is your feedback on Karlsson ? Very valuable input!
Sorry to butt in. But just go back a few posts of sunilrj and its clear that Karlsson is the winner by far. They are much smaller than Stanley but have a tastefully done showroom in Indiranagar and carry exclusive leathers from Sweden which they import in bulk for projects. Their prices are unbeatable for the thicker leathers and quality is top notch. Guess their overheads are much lower than Stanley. At that price for Linea leather seats I would take it and run. I liked their exclusivity and honesty, Stanley has become too common and very expensive. Recently saw some MERU airport cab seats done by Stanley There goes the Stanley exclusivity !!! But Stanley are still better than the Indian leather guys like Ceralli, Ovion, Pensee etc . These are not even finished well and smell bad as the leather is processed locally.
Old 12th August 2009, 07:15   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
Sunil,
Congrats on the white lady . I like the color and envy the treatment you had given to it, be it Karlsson leather seats or kick plates ,... The list goes on.
I had read your thread in one shot, all 15 pages with a break on the accident linea. Thanks a lot for briefing on Karlsson leather, I could see the factory finish in it. Nice job.
I admire the way you pamper your car. The car's maintenance is a reflection of the driver's personality. Kudos to you buddy
I will join the Punto/Linea club once I am back in India.
Thank you dine! hope to see you soon in India with an Italian beauty
Old 12th August 2009, 07:17   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post
Sorry to butt in. But just go back a few posts of sunilrj and its clear that Karlsson is the winner by far. They are much smaller than Stanley but have a tastefully done showroom in Indiranagar and carry exclusive leathers from Sweden which they import in bulk for projects. Their prices are unbeatable for the thicker leathers and quality is top notch. Guess their overheads are much lower than Stanley. At that price for Linea leather seats I would take it and run. I liked their exclusivity and honesty, Stanley has become too common and very expensive. Recently saw some MERU airport cab seats done by Stanley There goes the Stanley exclusivity !!! But Stanley are still better than the Indian leather guys like Ceralli, Ovion, Pensee etc . These are not even finished well and smell bad as the leather is processed locally.
+1 to that Hypercar! even stanely leather isnt all that great.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:18   #220
BHPian

Juss tried the Update 5.4 to Blue&me. the whole process took about 6 Minutes. the system looks much more stable now. typical microsoft ware! previously it used to blank out my Black berry screen for about 30 seconds saying "connecting to Desktop" that pain no longer exists.. also the 'Update' menu from the Blue&me has been removed since it didnt serve any useful purpose
Old 12th August 2009, 08:56   #221
Senior - BHPian

Did you try that 5.4 thingy. i was waiting for someone to do that so that i can do it in my car.
Old 12th August 2009, 09:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Luky! i missed your post somehow.. however Hypercar has replied and echoed all my thoughts.. go for Karlsson dude! its a worth and wise investment!
Old 12th August 2009, 09:22   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Did you try that 5.4 thingy. i was waiting for someone to do that so that i can do it in my car.
yes geeash i tried it! anyways am half the TASS myself! i even have posted the instructions as well as the compatible phone list.!
Old 12th August 2009, 09:27   #224
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,
I thought,it's not required for our cars.
Seems,our cars are already updated with the version or similar one.
Check the Instruction PDF,Before updation the MediaPlayer has been shown as 'M M Player'.
Now our cars are displaying 'Media Player' only.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:16   #225
BHPian

Thank Bnzjon and Sunil

Is it OK if I go to the Windshield experts who put on the Windsheilds for the car. I saw their glue that looked quet impresive when it gets out of the Glue gun.

A-One TASS i really dont trust these people for any kinda job work. Would look forward to any other TASS for my first service probably ABS Motors @ Gurgaon or Techno motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks