Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 21:00   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well it works with Punto. I think it might work on our Linea
Who said it is working in punto??. are you sure?. i heard from sales man that indian punto doesnt have a ecodrive.......
Old 14th August 2009, 21:04   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Who said it is working in punto??. are you sure?. i heard from sales man that indian punto doesnt have a ecodrive.......
need a linea for the experiment..! any volunteers doctor ?
Old 14th August 2009, 23:14   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
need a linea for the experiment..! any volunteers doctor ?
Waiting since Apr'09.
All those Softwares on Fiat sites were promptly downloaded. EcoDrive was also downloaded & Installed on my PC.

Get some guinea (Linea) pig Sunil, Get one urgently - how about a TD car?
Old 15th August 2009, 06:16   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Waiting since Apr'09.
All those Softwares on Fiat sites were promptly downloaded. EcoDrive was also downloaded & Installed on my PC.

Get some guinea (Linea) pig Sunil, Get one urgently - how about a TD car?
the TASS is not ready to give the TD car. they told me if the B&M gets screwed up, they will lose their jobs, since their boss is strict! and they also admit that they arent software engineers to repair B&M if something happens while installing ecodrive. now we have to agree on that. Automobile engineers cant be software experts!
Old 15th August 2009, 11:18   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Automobile engineers cant be software experts!
Hi Sunil, Many won't agree with you.

Modern Automotive Engineering is having great deal of electronics and software. Engine Control, Power Train, HVAC, Body electronics, Dashboard, Clusters, Lighting, Safety and Security, Cruise control, entertainment etc, etc every thing has software in it.

Most important thing is that this software has to be bug free
these days, enterprise / personal computing softwares are full of FREE BUGS, where as if automotives has similar % of bugs like enterprise/PC space one can imagine the situation.

today software in automotive field is probably as complex as avionics if not more.

I have met and interacted with some of the automobile / mechanical engineers who can write bug free codes better than electronic and computer science grads as these guys/gals have better domain knowledge and more (engineering) disciplined and methodical.

of-course the technicians in the automotive dealerships in India are differently skilled, sometimes they follow KBK (Kaisa Bhi Karo) methodology and land in problems.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th August 2009 at 11:25.
Old 15th August 2009, 12:20   #261
BHPian

Well guys

I have successfully updated the Blue & Me software on my Linea, though it was on the Second attempt.

In the first attempt the screen gave me and Error saying USB error 10. Then I formated the pendrive again and copied the files as suggested in the instructions. and Update finished successfully.

Didnt find any noticable change on the interface. and Yes now that Update blue and me option is gone.

2. I tried a Dual sim mobile phone it works fine. except copying the phonebook and message reading.

The phone was getting disconnected initially as mentioned in the instruction that Blue & Me will try the best suitable profile.

Last edited by nicesachin : 15th August 2009 at 12:22.
Old 16th August 2009, 13:53   #262
Senior - BHPian

Nicesachin and sunilrj

Just a doubt. i have got a file downloaded with file name " 5.4.09 Update Package Signed" which is a zip/rar file . i have extracted it using winrar and now have a folder "5.4.09 Update Package Signed" which has a few files. do i need to copy the folder as such into the USB stick or just the 6 files it has directly into the stick?.
Please let me know
and what about the sony erricsson patch any one updated it too?
Old 16th August 2009, 17:29   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Nicesachin and sunilrj

Just a doubt. i have got a file downloaded with file name " 5.4.09 Update Package Signed" which is a zip/rar file . i have extracted it using winrar and now have a folder "5.4.09 Update Package Signed" which has a few files. do i need to copy the folder as such into the USB stick or just the 6 files it has directly into the stick?.
Please let me know
Geeash!, you can either copy the folder to the stick or just the 6 files. i tried it by copying the 6 files and it worked!
Old 16th August 2009, 23:05   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Nicesachin and sunilrj

Please let me know
Geeash
Copying the folder will not work. Unzip or UnRAR the file first to a harddrive in a folder. then Copy the 6 files from this folder to the root of the Pendrive. This is mentioned in the instructions.

I Unziped the 6 files directly into the pendrive and got the USB 10 error. then I again formated the Pendrive with FAT32 and unziped the downloaded file to C:\Blue&ME and then copied those 6 files to the root of the pendrive. The update went well. Lina said Update complete. and now everything is working fine.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:51   #265
BHPian

update no 2 on 5.4 B&M update

here is an update on Update 5.4 to B&M. after Updation, the B&M will play files from any ipod / iphone just like from a USB stick. before the update you would have ahd to store music on the Ipod in mp3 format after formatting the ipod as an external drive. now even aac files will play along with the copy protected DRM files purchased from the itunes store.

however you need to purchase a B&M dongle which has to be inserted before the USB port and the ipod. the B&M will also play songs from any movie / video file on the Ipod as well as give audible alerts incase of any updates / msgs recieved on any plug-ins installed on the Ipod i.e. GPS navigation plug in etc.

pic of the dongle attached. Costs $ 112 + $ 18 shipping
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-bm.jpg  

Last edited by Sunilrj : 17th August 2009 at 21:52.
Old 17th August 2009, 22:40   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Costs $ 112 + $ 18 shipping
i can get you the adapter for 65 euros . interested??
Old 17th August 2009, 22:42   #267
BHPian

Quote:
i can get you the adapter for 65 euros . interested??
65 euros is how much geeash ??? the price at partsworld-uk who is an authorised retailer is GBP 67.99
Old 17th August 2009, 22:51   #268
Senior - BHPian

it is 67.99 euros as per parts world. which excludes shipping. i know a guy who can send it for 65 if we order 7 numbers. may be we can ask him to waive off the shipping charges too

conversion check this site

the price is 4k and odd. where as 130usd costs 6.5k

Last edited by geeash : 17th August 2009 at 22:53.
Old 27th August 2009, 23:23   #269
BHPian

What happend to Sunil ??? Our expert seems missing in action for a long time !!! He has not responded to the PM I have sent him as well !!!
Old 28th August 2009, 09:11   #270
Senior - BHPian

He must have gone to germany to get accessories for his linea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks