Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 00:44   #166
Senior - BHPian

^^^^^

How is this possible with the parking sensors in place?
Old 7th December 2009, 00:46   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
^^^^^

How is this possible with the parking sensors in place?
Mate, my carelessness and bad luck, what else to say !
It all happened in a second. My sheer carelessness.
Old 7th December 2009, 01:14   #168
Senior - BHPian

I hope its all plastic. Can you repaint the bumper with the parking sensors on (by masking them)? or do you have to take them off, repaint the bumper and put them on again?
Old 7th December 2009, 01:15   #169
BHPian

Dont worry Binze, sometimes things like this happen. And you do feel bad about it.

@blackasta
My bro' reversed into a Zen. He reversed at such high speed that before the sensors could give beep the rear end gave a beep!
Old 7th December 2009, 01:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

a bit OT, but the only comment I got after my road test exam was 'need to slow down while reversing' !
Old 7th December 2009, 01:18   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I hope its all plastic. Can you repaint the bumper with the parking sensors on (by masking them)? or do you have to take them off, repaint the bumper and put them on again?

Its all plastic.
I am not sure whether the sensors need to be removed/masked. Need to check with the Sensor guys before painting the bumper.
Old 7th December 2009, 01:26   #172
BHPian

Quote:
a bit OT, but the only comment I got after my road test exam was 'need to slow down while reversing' !
Sid you and my bro would get along extremely well I guess.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:33   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
I couldn't go to the TASS even today bcos of emergency(BCP) at Office. I will give the car for change of doors etc on monday.

Will give a detailed update later.
@bnzjon
This is shocking! Is the rust only on the doors? please check the body panels properly (especially inside the fuel lid and other not so vissible areas, remove carpet and see if required) and any slight clue of rust on the body PLEASE INSIST ON REPLACING THE ENTIRE CAR.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:34   #174
BHPian

BnzJon

May I know,Which water do you use to wash the car ?
Old 8th December 2009, 14:20   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesachin View Post
BnzJon

May I know,Which water do you use to wash the car ?
Sachin,

Normal Tap water.
Infact, its treated water which is used for washing, bathing etc.

The same water is used to clean all 50+ cars in the complex. None of the other cars have this problem.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:27   #176
BHPian

Assurance from FIAT India

Fiat has finally obliged to send their Quality Analyst team to inspect my Car fully (from head to toe). I had insisted for a replacement/refund of cost but Fiat had stated in writing that they takes full responsibility for the inspection of the Car by their Quality team and will give me an unconditional Guarantee/Warranty effective the date of replacing the rusted doors.

FIAT has given me in writing that (mail is signed by Anand Kumar - Head of After Sales Service, FIAT India)

1. Acknowledging the fact that the door rust is due to manufacturing defect and they will be replaced at FIAT cost.
2. FIAT company officials will oversee the replacement of door work and painting at Concorde, Chennai.
3. FIAT company officials will check the entire car for manufacturing defects/rusting and will rectify the same. Car to be handed over to me as per original factory condition.
4. Painting on the replaced doors will be as per original factory painting.
5. FIAT will provide a certificate to the effect that the car is free from any manufacturing defects/rusting and provide a warranty/guarantee certificate in writing to that effect.

I am not sure if i still need to insist on refund of cost/replacement of Car. Your suggestions pls !

Last edited by bnzjon : 11th December 2009 at 23:33.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:31   #177
BHPian

Kind Attention : Linea Owners

All Linea Owners,

Pls check the following areas which are prone to rusting
1. Under the rubber beadings on the door panels. These beading have metal rods running across them for support. These metal rods are getting rusted.
2. Rust near door locks (inner panel).

(pls see the pics in my earlier post).

I believe there are many cars reported for rusting in these areas and the door panels are being replaced FOC. This was today confirmed by a senior FIAT official in my discussion with him.

Last edited by bnzjon : 11th December 2009 at 23:34.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:18   #178
Senior - BHPian

As long as there is absolutely no sign of rusting/flaking/chipping on the entire chassis, it should be fine. Do have a very thorough inspection by yourself rather than wait for Fiat guys to do it. Go through every nook and corner of your car yourself especially running boards. Better check it on a ramp and double check the underside for signs of rust. As long as the chassis is clean, replacement of the doors alone should be fine. AFAIK a factory paint job can't be replicated at a dealer. He might be able the match the colour at the most. Don't expect factory finish from a dealer job. See if you can get a factory painted set of four doors from the factory iself and it could be installed at your dealer end. Maybe the experts here can give their views on this.

Last edited by longhorn : 12th December 2009 at 10:20.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:49   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
My doors have started rusting again. Refer my earlier pages in the same thread.. The rusted portion was earlier chemically treated and painted. It has started rusting after 2 months all over again.

I reported this to TASS during first week of Oct'09. After contast follow up and contacting Mangesh, CEO corner etc, i am getting new doors after waiting for almost 7 weeks. These 7 weeks were frustrating as i had no clue on whats happening at TASS and FIAT end.

The new doors now need to be painted at the TASS and it would take 4 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am not sure if they could match the colour as factory finish.

attached are some of the photographs of the rusted portion.

Rear Left door :
Attachment 236695

Rear Right door :
Attachment 236697

Rear Left door :
Attachment 236696

Door Lock :
Attachment 236694
OMG. This kind of rusting was seen usually on older cars like padmini and ambasador but not expected on modern cars so soon. this is just basics gone wrong somewhere..

Last edited by the VTEC guy : 12th December 2009 at 10:54.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

I checked beneath the rear door beading of my Punto. Noticed fine rusting - not as severe as here. Will take it to the asc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks