Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 18:08   #61
BHPian

Thanks for the snaps Sidindica.

My opinion - the color looks cool on Linea.
Old 25th August 2009, 18:47   #62
BHPian

I was actually waiting to see how Linea looks in this colour. Thanx for the pics.
Its Not Awesome. It looks Ok to me. Maybe an alternative to the Silver or Beige. I for one like bright colours like Flamenco Red. So, its just my opinion.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:47   #63
Senior - BHPian

The Foxtrot Azure color doesn't look as exciting in these pictures put up by sid. The ones found on the internet were more dynamic due to some enhanced graphic effects. Vocal White still remains my all time fav.
Old 25th August 2009, 20:55   #64
BHPian

It doesn't look exciting because pics have been taken in harsh light. Dark shades of Azure color will get washed in such harsh light. Clicking these images under shade or under a cloudy sky will bring out the real shade.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
It doesn't look exciting because pics have been taken in harsh light. Dark shades of Azure color will get washed in such harsh light. Clicking these images under shade or under a cloudy sky will bring out the real shade.
But you have cloudy weather in India only for a couple of months and you cannot keep your car in a shade always as you also need to drive it !!!!
Old 25th August 2009, 21:27   #66
BHPian

That's true Achinth. You can alternate between keeping it in shade and driving it if you want deep shade pictures of foxtrot azure.
Old 26th August 2009, 08:51   #67
BHPian

From pictures, the colour looks similar to Hazel Grey of Palio and Petra made available for short period between 2003-2004. The colour is decent, but fails to make a statement
Old 28th August 2009, 13:23   #68
BHPian

I think the color looks quite neat, lending the car a corporate look... IMHO the only two colors that qualify for elegance are the fox trot azure and the minimal grey...
Old 28th August 2009, 23:50   #69
BHPian

Congrats forbhaskarm on booking the FTA colour. Eagerly awaiting to welcome you to the club. Post some pics as soon as you get the car.

@sidindica
Nice pics dude. Keep it up.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:24   #70

The Azure color on Linea is quite intriguing.
I was almost sold to Azure colored Linea from various websites across the globe! The color looked really breathtaking and flamboyant in pictures.
When I had a look at Azure colored Linea in the showroom, the color looked downright classic with much less of flamboyance.
The showroom pictures that we have on the previous threads do not do justice to this color at all. You really need to see the grace of this color to be an absolute fan of Fox Trot Azure!

~Satyam
PS: Similar was the dilemma for me for the Medium Grey color as well. My better half voted for the Medium Grey stunner, and that is what I've finally booked!
Old 29th August 2009, 13:59   #71
BHPian

Finally, the day has arrived when I will take the delivery of my FTA Linea MJD E+. It will be on Sunday 30th August when I will become a proud owner of this fantastic car & join the elite club of FIAT LINEA owners in T-BHP.

But there is a twist in the tale. I am not taking delivery from the showroom where I had booked the car on 14th August. In fact the car has yet not arrived in Sterling Motors, Noida. Its Rama Motors, Okhla from where this will happen. Apparently Aditya (Director Rama Motors & T-BHP member) came to know that I was searching for FTA color & Sterling was hesitant in booking my car then. As he was expecting this color in his showroom by 18th Aug, he gave me an open invitation to come over & look at the color. When I did eventually on 24th Aug, he went ahead & booked the car in my name & also agreed to hold the car for me until the 30th Aug, all this without any booking amount . I must say, it is indeed a great gesture knowing that there are customers already in queue for this newest & currently most sought after color in Linea.

Well, the final 24 hours are toughest to get through. I am trying to keep myself patient by the thought that I should be holding the keys on my car by this time tomorrow.

I have one question in my mind - would like to change the tyres to Michellin or Yokohama. I came to know that Michelin Primacy LC is available in the OEM size only. So tyre gurus - please advice should I go for a size upgrade to 205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15 in Yokohama or stick to OEM 195/60/R15 with Primacy LC. My drive is primarily on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway.

As I am planning to change the tyres immediately after delivery, would request all advices pretty quickly.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 29th August 2009 at 14:01.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
205/55/R15
would be fine as long as your drive is a highway but will be a bit stiff in city driving due to symmetrical grooves pattern
Old 29th August 2009, 20:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Finally, the day has arrived when I will take the delivery of my FTA Linea MJD E+. It will be on Sunday 30th August when I will become a proud owner of this fantastic car & join the elite club of FIAT LINEA owners in T-BHP.

Well, the final 24 hours are toughest to get through. I am trying to keep myself patient by the thought that I should be holding the keys on my car by this time tomorrow.

I have one question in my mind - would like to change the tyres to Michellin or Yokohama. I came to know that Michelin Primacy LC is available in the OEM size only. So tyre gurus - please advice should I go for a size upgrade to 205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15 in Yokohama or stick to OEM 195/60/R15 with Primacy LC. My drive is primarily on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway.

As I am planning to change the tyres immediately after delivery, would request all advices pretty quickly.
Even I cant wait to welcome the first FTA Linea on Team-BHP. Post the pics ASAP as it's the most anticipated colour. And I know 24 hrs can seem like 24 days in such times, so what can I say- keep counting down the time .

Now your doubt- I would recommend you to stick with the original size as the speedometer, odometer and not to forget the very acuurate MID are based on the current tyre size. Below I'm giving the effect of the plus sizing that you're thinking of:

205/55 R15

Original tire-195/60 R15
Sidewall: 117.00 mm
Radius: 307.50 mm
Diameter: 615.00 mm
Circumf: 1,932.08 mm
Revs/km: 517.58
New Tire
Sidewall: 112.75 mm
Radius: 303.25 mm
Diameter: 606.50 mm
Circumf: 1,905.38 mm
Revs/km: 524.83

Speedometer reading with new tire is 1.38% too fast.
When your speedometer is reading 100kph you are actually traveling 98.6kph.

This will lower your GC.

205/60 R15

Original tire- 195/60 R15
Sidewall: 117.00 mm
Radius: 307.50 mm
Diameter: 615.00 mm
Circumf: 1,932.08 mm
Revs/km: 517.58
New Tire
Sidewall: 123.00 mm
Radius: 313.50 mm
Diameter: 627.00 mm
Circumf: 1,969.78 mm
Revs/km: 507.67

Speedometer reading with new tire is 1.95% too slow.
When your speedometer is reading 100kph you are actually traveling 101.91kph.

205/60 R15 will increase your GC.
Old 29th August 2009, 22:22   #74
BHPian

Thanks Geesh & Firstguri.

Now I am contemplating if I really need to change the tyres. Why not save the cash & use it upgrade the music system or perhaps get a good set of original leather seat covers.
Old 29th August 2009, 23:01   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Thanks Geesh & Firstguri.

Now I am contemplating if I really need to change the tyres. Why not save the cash & use it upgrade the music system or perhaps get a good set of original leather seat covers.
Now, you're thinking like me. !

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks