Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2009, 19:00   #121
BHPian

I saw the Foxtrot Azure Linea yesterday on the W. Express highway. It sure is a looker & you appreciate it more when you see it in flesh. Excellent choice bro.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:12   #122
Team-BHP Support

Great color. By the way, do you have a seperate thread with longterm ownership experience detailed out?

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th May 2010 at 14:17.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:25   #123
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful looking car there. I am so so glad that you havent put those ugly mud flaps
Old 18th May 2010, 12:10   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Great color. By the way, do you have a seperate thread with longterm ownership experience detailed out?
Not yet. I have kept my prized possession under wraps since the last few months & been using the Scorpio for daily commute. Linea has hardly done 6K until now. So am yet to write the long term ownership report. However, I had my first bad experience on Sunday when the AC seemed to be absolutely non-effective in the peak of Delhi summer day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Beautiful looking car there. I am so so glad that you havent put those ugly mud flaps
Thanks. The car now has mud flaps but these are not the ones that FIAT provides. I bought a set of matching pairs from Hyundai Getz & installed them. Although the fit was perfect but had to do a little "jugad" to get them in the place. End result - not as bad as the OEM ones.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 18th May 2010 at 12:11.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:59   #125
BHPian

I had same experience last sunady.
car was parked in hot sun for 5 hours @ 43C.
When I got inside the car, even steering was VERY hot.

I fully opened windows for 1 min but outside air was also very hot. So closed windows and put AC at full blast. The car took 30min to even have a hint of cooling.

Is it same in all cars or Linea has a poor AC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
However, I had my first bad experience on Sunday when the AC seemed to be absolutely non-effective in the peak of Delhi summer day.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

I fully opened windows for 1 min but outside air was also very hot. So closed windows and put AC at full blast. The car took 30min to even have a hint of cooling.

I am not sure of other sedans, but generally the practice is to open all the windows, put AC to max position (in ACC to min temp setting) with outside air circulation on for approximately 5 min, this will push out all the hot air from within the car. I generally do the same in my GP and the car is very comfortable within 10 min (I have V-Kool installed all around so thats why its 10 min) usually it should take at the max 15 min.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:51   #127
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get those air valve caps ?
Old 18th May 2010, 13:55   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Where did you get those air valve caps ?
Got them from ebay global site. I think they are still available there.

@arishi1 - That is indeed a standard practice. But what would you do when you are in the middle of stop-start traffic at around 1PM in afternoon, with 5 fully grown passengers in the car & then you realize that the AC is blowing hot air instead of cold. What I tried to do - rev the car to around 2K-2.5K RPM & lo - cool air started to flow out of the vents. It stopped as soon as the RPM reading were below 2K.

Now don't know what that signifies. To me, well the engine just has enough juices to haul the car & cool the cabin only above a decent RPM level (when the outside temperature is above 43deg). Below it, the engine certainly drags & the the cooling definitely gets below par.

In one word - disappointment. I really would like to hear from members who have Ford Fiesta or a TATA Indigo TDI which have 'similar' engine displacement & power.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 18th May 2010 at 14:05.
Old 18th May 2010, 14:01   #129
Senior - BHPian

Yeah seen them there, was wondering if they became available locally too

congrats on the car, its a really lovely shade
Old 18th May 2010, 14:13   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. I have kept my prized possession under wraps since the last few months & been using the Scorpio for daily commute. Linea has hardly done 6K until now. So am yet to write the long term ownership report. However, I had my first bad experience on Sunday when the AC seemed to be absolutely non-effective in the peak of Delhi summer day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post

It is not that Lineas have poor AC but Sunday was a really hot day.
I travelled to Faridabad on the same day (in my Santro) & whenever I parked the car in the sun, the AC would seem ineffective. But, when the car was parked in shade, the AC performance was satisfactory. However, after some time driving back to my North Delhi residence, the situation was same again (admitted that Santro's AC is not that effective, & I have not got my AC serviced till now).
But, you cannot discount the hot day this Sunday was.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:39   #131
BHPian

I am thinking of sprucing up the interiors of my Linea with faux wood touch - steering wheel, door panels, dashboard. Looking at actual finish to these components & not kits that are stuck on.

Does anyone know of any fabricator who does this work in Delhi - NCR region. I wrote to AGM Technologies, but they seem to offer a complete kit not child parts -- not really sure what it means.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:41   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of sprucing up the interiors of my Linea with faux wood touch - steering wheel, door panels, dashboard. Looking at actual finish to these components & not kits that are stuck on.

Does anyone know of any fabricator who does this work in Delhi - NCR region. I wrote to AGM Technologies, but they seem to offer a complete kit not child parts -- not really sure what it means.
Any information on this friends from NCR ....
Old 28th May 2010, 10:06   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It is indeed a personal choice, but why would you want to spoil the interiors of a nice car? The Linea's interiors are quite classy in that price range. Faux wood is indeed a thing of past, and now in most markets its considered cheap and tacky. But I guess there is still takers for it in India. That explains why some companies keep that as a startard in India but moved from that in some other markets (e.g.; Corolla Altis).

Again, this is my personal opinion
Old 28th May 2010, 12:29   #134
BHPian

@forbhaskarm: Never mind, it is personal choice, which even I would like to do, once I get my Linea (waiting for the TJet launch). Wood-finish Dash&IP, gear knob, Door(inside trims) and Steering are still fashionable and if done well, gives a classy look to the interiors. Among the contemporary cars that use it include RR Phantom...So, not sure if its yet an out-dated concept.
IMO, certain cars like Linea, Altis, Passat etc make wonderful blend of contemporary & classic design worlds: and they are best suited to include wood finish to interiors.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:27   #135
BHPian

Contemplating a difficult & heartbreaking decision

My 2005 Scorpio is finally showing signs of age & it has pushed me into contemplating a very hard decision - sell off Linea & buy a Scorpio (SUV/MUV) alternative & then perhaps sell off the Scorpio later. I really need a big SUV/MUV-ish car for vacation trips every 3 months with almost 6 family persons & unfortunately Linea will not suit the bill.

Obvious question -why sell off Linea & not Scorpio when Scorpio is showing signs of aging? Well, answer lies in Vitamin M or rather lack of it - Linea has been bought on a bank loan & really do not want to buy another car without closing this debt.

Tougher question in mind - will I get a good value for my prized possession ? I really don't know. Has anyone any idea how much an 8 month old Linea MJD Emotion + with 6.5K on odo can fetch in today's market?

Please pour in your inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks