Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 23:06   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Now, you're thinking like me. !

cheers

BTW, how do you find the new headlight bulbs? Would you recommend them to be used on the Greater Noida expressway which is almost pitch dark always - never lit up?
Old 30th August 2009, 00:06   #77
BHPian

They are better than the stock bulbs for sure. But the trouble with white light(4300 K) is that it's pretty useless in foggy and rainy conditions. I'd suggest using two sets of bulbs; white for the summer and yellow(2300 K) for the rainy and foggy conditions. I've found these fantastic set of bulbs that draw stock power(55 W), but the output they produce is more than double(130 W) and that too without the need for any additional wiring harness or relays. will share the details once I have them in my car.

cheers

PS : Maybe I'll catch you at Rama in the morning. Need to go and check up on the work in progress on my car. I'll be there around 10.30 am. Now, go to sleep; you have an exciting day ahead of you tomorrow.
Old 30th August 2009, 01:37   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Thanks Geesh & Firstguri.

Now I am contemplating if I really need to change the tyres. Why not save the cash & use it upgrade the music system or perhaps get a good set of original leather seat covers.
Yeah that would be a better bet if you ask me. BTW I've read in some threads that if you change the ICE then the steering wheel controls would be lost.

Anyway today's the D Day. Best of luck.
Old 30th August 2009, 02:00   #79
BHPian

@forbhaskarm: Saw your car at Rama Motors today when I was there for my Punto's first service. One word man - Awesome! The color adds to the character of the car. Best of luck with the delivery process later today.

PS: I am waiting with a chequebook in hand for the FTA Linea next year with a bigger motor.
Old 30th August 2009, 02:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post

PS: I am waiting with a chequebook in hand for the FTA Linea next year with a bigger motor.
I'm sure there would be a powerfull mill by this time next year. Though I think 1.6 MJD is just about to come out of the pipeline, I'm actually awaiting 1.4 T-Jet. Especially in the 150 PS guise (very unlikely though). That will rock ANHC out of the country and that is something that I just wish and pray for. But then again people in India have made Honda so big that I'm skeptical of anything like that ever happening. Even auto-magazines reports of Linea way back in 07' had predicted that Linea would be in a class of its own. Fast forward to now- its still nowhere close to Honda despite being probably the best value for money product this side of Nano in the country.

Last edited by firstguri : 30th August 2009 at 02:37.
Old 30th August 2009, 07:15   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
They are better than the stock bulbs for sure. But the trouble with white light(4300 K) is that it's pretty useless in foggy and rainy conditions. I'd suggest using two sets of bulbs; white for the summer and yellow(2300 K) for the rainy and foggy conditions. I've found these fantastic set of bulbs that draw stock power(55 W), but the output they produce is more than double(130 W) and that too without the need for any additional wiring harness or relays. will share the details once I have them in my car.

cheers

PS : Maybe I'll catch you at Rama in the morning. Need to go and check up on the work in progress on my car. I'll be there around 10.30 am.
Sure Ghost_Rider - I hope to reach around 11 AM. But its raining in the morning today & really I hope rain doesn't play a spoilsport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Anyway today's the D Day. Best of luck.
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
@forbhaskarm: Saw your car at Rama Motors today when I was there for my Punto's first service. One word man - Awesome! The color adds to the character of the car. Best of luck with the delivery process later today.
Thanks mate.

I am not letting the rain dampen my spirits. No way!
Old 30th August 2009, 09:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yeah that would be a better bet if you ask me. BTW I've read in some threads that if you change the ICE then the steering wheel controls would be lost.
This could happen if and only if one changes the HU. But then again, there are aftermarket HUs available with steering wheel control harness, that will allow one to keep this functionality as well.

However, if one needs to add an amp. or two, better component speakers, and sub, then no worries at all!

Hmm, wonder if Pranava999's taken the plunge. Check out his thread on Linea Ice for more details on icing the Emotion Pack.

cheers
Old 30th August 2009, 09:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

You did the right thing by canceling the booking from sterling. I actually got a call from Ashish Bhavakar that the car has arrived (I asked him to do so once the car arrives) and went to see but was disappointed that the car has arrived in petrol, not diesel.

Not so sterling reputation that dealer has.
Old 30th August 2009, 09:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
So today its the delivery day, Hope you have crosschecked all documents and have done PDI nicely. Do check the car externally again before signing registration papers.

Take it easy and drive the beauty, i know the excitement level you must be having. Would love some shots of the FTA color.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:35   #85
BHPian

Sure guys. I have already run the T-BHP new car checklist once on the car on Wednesday, 26th Aug & found a few defects. I am hoping that those should already have been rectified.

But I will run the second & third part of the checklist before I sign on the dotted lines & check for the closure of the previous defects as well - talking software QA language

So, the final moments have arrived. I am off to pick up my FTA Linea. Wish me luck.

More to follow soon.
Old 30th August 2009, 11:19   #86
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Forbhaskarm,

First Azure Linea in Team-Bhp.
Welcome to Linea Club.
you are safer now.
already we have faced so many niggling issue and found out the way to solve it.
Again FIAT has done some fixation for some issues and increase plastic quality,though i don't find any changes in the plastics.

Once again,Congrats on owing a Italian Beauty that's in my most prefered color in LINEA.
Old 30th August 2009, 11:50   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
The Foxtrot Azure color doesn't look as exciting in these pictures put up by sid. The ones found on the internet were more dynamic due to some enhanced graphic effects. Vocal White still remains my all time fav.
That is because if you had visited the official global site, as there are two shades of it- one is fox trot azure and second one is lullaby blue which you are talking about and many guys got confused because of that.
I too agree that fox trut azure looks decent and classy but is missing the lustre and gloss which is more prominent in arker colors.
May we one has to choose what is more important gloss or shade
Old 30th August 2009, 22:30   #88
BHPian

Finally took the plunge..or should I say risk

Saw the Linea in FTA colour at BU Bhandari, Wakad and was floored!! It exudes class. The pictures do no justice at all.

Went to BU Bhandari, Pashan and booked the Linea Emotion Pack Diesel!!

Expected delivery - 3rd week of September

Bhaskar - How was the d-day?
Old 31st August 2009, 01:35   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Finally took the plunge..or should I say risk

Saw the Linea in FTA colour at BU Bhandari, Wakad and was floored!! It exudes class. The pictures do no justice at all.

Went to BU Bhandari, Pashan and booked the Linea Emotion Pack Diesel!!

Expected delivery - 3rd week of September

Bhaskar - How was the d-day?
Congrats Ferrari1976. It's good to see that the Linea juggernaut on Team-BHP just keeps on rolling. You should update it on 'I booked my car' thread. And I wish you the quickest three weeks of your life.
Old 31st August 2009, 06:51   #90
BHPian

What happened?. did you take delivery or not?. we are waiting......

Last edited by drashkum : 31st August 2009 at 06:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks