Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hi Trrk,

In my calculation paying is too much. Here per wheel it is 50 so for 5 wheels it comes 250. But the xtramile difference is over all 72Rs which saved me around 178. Now 3 months I will not go near premium diesel. In the mean time my 3rd Service ie ver near. So that will be done free by MSM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:49   #77
BHPian

Hi Navan,
Wanted to ask few things about the car,. What was the tyre pressure when you got the car. Did you check it immediately. I havent done it.. thats why. Did you fill the windshield liquid box. If so with what?
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Hi Funny,
It is nice to get a post from you. I thought for a couple of weeks you will be very busy with your blue.No matter good you came on line. 1. I did check the air pressure. It was o.k 36 in the front and 33 in the rear. A note of caution this pressure is for the VDI(I mean diesel car) Petrol car differs. Should be 33 even in all. Any how you check on driver side B pillar at the junction of closing door. I did fill up the windshield wiper liquid. It is just pure dust free water. Any more queries. You can see my thread tomorrow and give some suggestions. It is my time to take suggestions from the fellow BhPians. Wait till that post.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:55   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi My dear friends,

My lovely silky was injured by a truck/Lorry yesterday. So she has to be taken to the MSM Hospital immediately. I don't want to see her in damaged condition a day too. It is a crucial time for me to have the car too. Always things will happen like that. Now I don't know how far it will take to get the spares and do it. Just posting the injured part for our friends. Insurance is with Maruti Insurance. I will visit them to day and post the progress. It happened at at the age of 96 days.
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-23122009061.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 12:15   #80
Team-BHP Support

Ouchh! really sad to hear this. Dont worry the parts should be available since its a popular model from MUL. From the looks of it they will replace the rear quarter panel and would take 2-3 days of work.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:58   #81
BHPian

Oh my friend,
That's really a sad moment. Sure MUL will prove its worth again. How did the body get holed. Was the car dragged for few meters. These lorry drivers.......
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hi Navan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
In my calculation paying is too much. Here per wheel it is 50 so for 5 wheels it comes 250.
Ok with all that calculation. Did you ever try with normal air? How different is with nitrogen?
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:23   #83
BHPian

That looks bad. the impact so hard that it bore a hole?
I can understand how you would feel if it happens to a new car. If only we could do something about careless driving..
WIth MUL, it shouldn't take much time. Hope everything is sorted out and we see a new pic without those dents soon.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:35   #84
Senior - BHPian

Hi Trrk,

The thing is that I did it as an experiment to know whether the people recommending for Nitrogen are right or not. One thing is right that we don't have to go to the Air fill for 3 months. Other wise rest all minute thiungs I can't calculate.

Funny,jaggu, Pacman,

I know we have more caring people of our members in the TeamBHP. I am not so much upset. I myself was convincing some one. The incident happened in such a way. the people of Chennai know the location better. I was coming from Tirumangalam Westa Annanagar and waited for the green signal near Nerkundram,Tirumangalam,Aumbakkam, Koyambedu road junction. I am supposed to cross the junction and come to Koyambedu side. Everything was fine just during the red signal. Just before the green signal my villains came on the left and right. The left villain was the mini door tempo. He suddenly started and banged on my side RVM. It gave a big sound. Just 2 inches I turned to right the great vilain came in the form of Lorry/truck. He gave a bang and breaked and his bumper has torn my quarter panel. As it is a very congsted traffic due to the new fly over, I was helpless to catch the villains.Finally navan became like vadivelu of Jhonny Lever. That is the story.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd December 2009 at 18:51. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 23rd December 2009, 17:51   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Funny,jaggu, Pacman,

I know we have more caring people of our members in the TeamBHP. I am not so much upset. I myself was convincing some one. The incident happened in such a way. the people of Chennai know the location better. I was coming from Tirumangalam Westa Annanagar and waited for the green signal near Nerkundram,Tirumangalam,Aumbakkam, Koyambedu road junction. I am supposed to cross the junction and come to Koyambedu side. Everything was fine just during the red signal. Just before the green signal my villains came on the left and right. The left villain was the mini door tempo. He suddenly started and banged on my side RVM. It gave a big sound. Just 2 inches I turned to right the great vilain came in the form of Lorry/truck. He gave a bang and breaked and his bumper has torn my quarter panel. As it is a very congsted traffic due to the new fly over, I was helpless to catch the villains.Finally navan became like vadivelu of Jhonny Lever. That is the story.

Moral of the story to stay away and be extra cautions with big vehicles.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:11   #86
BHPian

Navan its really sad part of the story. Hope things will be in shape soon. By the way, keep us updated about the insurance claim procedure, time taken and the progress of the repair work.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:48   #87
BHPian

Oouch. That must have hurt. Was that lorry carrying some pierce thing? How can it make a hole in the quarter panel.

Keep us updated on how MUL handles your case, both service guys and Maruti Insurance people.
Old 23rd December 2009, 19:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

Hi gandhi,
Just he banged and braked suddenly and pulled my side deeply. No pierce thing in that level. It was the front bumper. Any how I have full confidence of the MSM body workshop and they will make it new. But what the out come of the insurance surveyor should be awaited. Any how nothing to hide and it will be posted. This too I posted for our members knowledge giving and gaining on it. It has been handed over to day. Hope fully tomorrow I will get a call.

Yes my dear friend 123.

I always stay away from these monsters. The bad time and the giant and the monsters suddenly appeared. I always follow them rather than by their side. Still thanks for your suggestion and will try my level best to avoid them,

Hi gaddiwale,

I am happy that there are so many people to worry for me, more than me worry for myself. Thank God to give me this forum. Sure I will update all the details till it come out of the MSM and on the road. Seems roughly I may have to spend around 2k. For the 50% plastic bumper as well as my graphics. Let us see at the end. This will be a knowledge for our members with Maruti insurance tie up with New India.Though it is tied up with Maruti, Royal Sundaram lost the confidence with our forums .

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th December 2009 at 10:35. Reason: See note in post.
Old 24th December 2009, 10:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

I got a call from MSM. The body works people called me and told that the Surveyor visited the car and approved for the Changing of quarter panel,denting painting of Rear door and painting of rear Bumper.That is good. The body work people informed that I may have to cash out around 1000 to 1200. That is good. They did a good job. No hassles and no running around. Due to Christmas it might be delayed for a couple of days. Thank you all for your support. I will update in the next stage.
Old 24th December 2009, 12:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The thing is that I did it as an experiment to know whether the people recommending for Nitrogen are right or not.
Ok. I understand.

So loss of pressure is minimal, as per your observations. The other advantages are difficult to guage, though!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks