Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 18:54   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.

My Ritz VDI met an accident due to the JK stock tyre bust. It had a major damage on the left side fender, Axle arm, Front left door,rear door, RV mirror left, Indicator. It was towed from Kanchipuram to Chennai MSM, Finally exactly after 30 days the Maruti Service Masters in Chennai gave as it was and doing well.
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-great-escape.jpg  

Old 13th September 2011, 23:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
My Ritz VDI met an accident due to the JK stock tyre bust. It had a major damage on the left side fender, Axle arm, Front left door,rear door, RV mirror left, Indicator. It was towed from Kanchipuram to Chennai MSM, Finally exactly after 30 days the Maruti Service Masters in Chennai gave as it was and doing well.
Sorry to hear about this accident.

I guess its there is a little mistake from you end too, i read you have driven more than 58000 km on Jk tyres.

Thats a lot, never wait for the tyre to become totally flat. If tyre thread is more than 80% down from the original depth, for safety reasons please change them.

also hope your doing the alignment,rotation and balancing every 5000km once
Old 14th September 2011, 11:40   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oppss, that's bad .

How did this happen ? I guess no one was injured .
Hope you have changed to some good quality tyres .
And you mentioned it took 30 days to get back car, any particular reason why it took so long ?
How much was the total cost for the repair.
Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 14th September 2011 at 11:45.
Old 14th September 2011, 11:53   #124
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the concern. Of course there may be a mistake of using the tyre for around 59K kms. But the buttons were quite good.No one is injured.The total cost was around 60000. Royal Sundaram paid. My share for depreciation of metal and 50% of the cost of plastic items came around 14000.I updated with Bridge stone tyres.The car came in good shape and the photo will be updated to day. The reason for the delay is unknown. Once they told phase wise approval awaited from Surveyor at the end there was a need for new case for Gear box which delayed further to get from Maruti.
Old 14th September 2011, 15:27   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the concern. Of course there may be a mistake of using the tyre for around 59K kms. But the buttons were quite good.No one is injured.The total cost was around 60000. Royal Sundaram paid. My share for depreciation of metal and 50% of the cost of plastic items came around 14000.I updated with Bridge stone tyres.The car came in good shape and the photo will be updated to day. The reason for the delay is unknown. Once they told phase wise approval awaited from Surveyor at the end there was a need for new case for Gear box which delayed further to get from Maruti.
Did you up size/alloys or still running on the stock tyre size.

Cheers
Old 14th September 2011, 16:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

I am running with the stock tyre size and the stock rims only.There is a proposal for Allnew swift. Just observing its performance.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:13   #127
Senior - BHPian

Picture of the car after Body works by MSM Chennai
Attached Thumbnails
Ritz VDI ABS Silky Silver on 6500kms.-upload.jpg  

Old 14th September 2011, 16:24   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
could you tell us what speeds you were doing at the time of tyre burst? Was it a long drive? what did you hit?
Glad to know all is well eventually.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:48   #129
BHPian

Hi Navan,

I am too a proud owner of a Ritz VDI. A quick question, Last time when your car was hit by a truck the rear right panel and door was damaged. What was the cost of getting the same repaired. I too have dents at exactly the same place and would like to get the job done.
Old 14th September 2011, 17:52   #130
Senior - BHPian

I got another accident a year back by a truck and the rear right quarter panel was torn and it was also done in MSM. That time it was the I year of the car so there was no depreciation. So everything was born by Insurance and processing charges and etc was with in 1000. This time I was traveling in a speed of 80-90. I was supposed to go to Salem from Chennai. But the accident took place at 64th KM from Chennai. Just after the burst there was a tractor with in 4 or 5 meters. So the left side was hit the tractor and with much difficult it came to the halt after 200meters at the left side of the high way with two wheels in the soil and two wheels on the black top.
Old 14th September 2011, 18:01   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Sorry to hear about this accident.

hope your doing the alignment,rotation and balancing every 5000km once
The service history of my car was perfect. All the periodical services done without any lapse.I use nitrogen gas in the wheel.Due to goof periodical wheel alignment, balance, and rotation only it was having around 40% button at 59K Kms.
Old 14th September 2011, 20:51   #132
BHPian

Very strange indeed. 40% buttons left on the JK tyre, plus maintainence done regurlarly.

JK tyre are normally very strong, what about people like us? we use yokohama silica soft compound !!!
Old 15th September 2011, 11:04   #133
Senior - BHPian

My Tyre burst might be a rare incident. We were only two persons in the car. Up to 60 kms we did not find any jerk while driving. In fact I did not check the air while moving on the day of travel. But two days before the travel I checked the air.Any how some good luck while there was a bad luck.Neither me nor my friend get a small scratch due to the accident.
Old 15th September 2011, 11:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Sad! but glad that the car is back with you.

did you upsize on moving to bridgestones?
Old 25th September 2011, 23:58   #135
Senior - BHPian

After taking delivery of the car on 5th August. I did around 700Kms. I used fully with ac. It was almost city driving.After accident and service the Consumption I calculated was 17km/L. I have to check again and see.The drive is smooth with bridge stone legs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks