Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 15:12   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Need to do something for the seats , no leather for me.. maybe a cloth based something..
Good, you are among those people who realise that leather/art leather/rexine/vinyl leather/Breathing Leather, nothing of the sort is actually practical and comfortable in India however good looking and easy to maintain it may be.

I would suggest you check out those simple towel seat covers if you like their looks and quality. They are easily removable, washable and replaceable. The next option is to go for a fabric seat cover stitched from a good seat maker. I know a very good one near my house if you need one. The last option is to go for ready made seat covers readily available in the market.
Just let me know if you need and assistance in the matter, and yes PLEASE try to get some of that chrome removed if possible.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Rajesh, Couple of more pics , just to rub it in ....
Shine on, you crazy dashboard... In protest I unsubscribe your thread. Spare me the agony of what could have been, but didnt....

PS: 502 kms onleee, what - its sitting on its backside in the parking lot getting rusty?
Old 17th December 2009, 15:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post

PS: 502 kms onleee, what - its sitting on its backside in the parking lot getting rusty?
Seriously!!!

My storm had 25XX Kms at the end of 1st week.

Do some some Miles bro
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:07   #64
BHPian

Almost 1000km !! , went to nandi hills for a test drive .. first half of the hill i climbed without the 4WD , it croozed in 3rd and 4th !! , second half i tried 4WDL ,, whoaa !!! whatta grip.... it climbed on 4 & 5th gear !! climbing and descent was like a breeze , no hazzles, i was handling it like my good ol WagonR ....super smooth in turns and hairpins !!
Man , this 4WD is really getting addictive.. what's next ? a mm540 or a mg410 mayapuri project !!

Also installed v-kool in front windshield from infrakool, will keep you posted with the results.

Cheers
Raghu.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Almost 1000km !! , went to nandi hills for a test drive .. first half of the hill i climbed without the 4WD , it croozed in 3rd and 4th !! , second half i tried 4WDL ,, whoaa !!! whatta grip.... it climbed on 4 & 5th gear !! climbing and descent was like a breeze , no hazzles, i was handling
Raghu.
4wd on tarmac is a bad idea. This isn't one of those SUVs with full time 4wd that can be used on roads. 4wd gurus can comment but IMO this might fry your 4wd pretty quick.
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Almost 1000km !! , went to nandi hills for a test drive .. first half of the hill i climbed without the 4WD , it croozed in 3rd and 4th !! , second half i tried 4WDL ,, whoaa !!! whatta grip.... it climbed on 4 & 5th gear !! climbing and descent was like a breeze , no hazzles, i was handling it like my good ol WagonR ....super smooth in turns and hairpins !!
Man , this 4WD is really getting addictive.. what's next ? a mm540 or a mg410 mayapuri project !!

Also installed v-kool in front windshield from infrakool, will keep you posted with the results.

Cheers
Raghu.
assumed v-kool 70 - what price?

what are you upto man - driving on 4WD in 4th/5th gear on tarmac? I am very curious......
Old 22nd December 2009, 18:52   #67
BHPian

Yes, V-kool v70 , 7.5k ,

Well could not resist the temptation to try some 4WD on a Hill Climb...

Whats up with your Ute ???? Stanley, GPS, gizmos , what's next ---Rocket Boosters,side winders,bullet-proofing !!

Cheers
Raghu..
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:02   #68
BHPian

Now do some tests for me - with the front film installed, check if your light and rain sensor work well - only then I go for installation. what about rear - defogger working well with film? and sides what did you do there.

Sunfilms left, GPS Transmitter project under way and mostly enjoying the drive. Heck I even put a tbhp sticker. Have removed the last rear seats as something is rattling rather badly. Now I have enough space to move in big three wheller child carrier without folding
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:00   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...nandi hills... second half i tried 4WDL ,, whoaa !!! whatta grip.... it climbed on 4 & 5th gear !! climbing and descent was like a breeze , no hazzles, i was handling it like my good ol WagonR ....super smooth in turns and hairpins !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
4wd on tarmac is a bad idea. This isn't one of those SUVs with full time 4wd that can be used on roads. 4wd gurus can comment but IMO this might fry your 4wd pretty quick.
Raghu, stay in 2H whenever you are on tarmac roads, especially with turns and hairpins. You can drive in 4H or 4L for very short distances (100-200 metres) in a straight line on tarmac when in 4H or 4L; any more and you are likely to develop gearbox windup and end up with busted synchroniser rings. The 4WD system on your car is meant for loose/slippery surfaces only.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:37   #70
BHPian

hey Vraghuz
congrats on your new buy!!
Please post some detailed pics of the interiors ,leg room , 4wd console!
Keep revvin' with the beast!!
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:36   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Raghuz:

You will damage your 4WD system if you use it on Tarmac, especially in the hills. Please don't do it. Now that you have done it, do not mention it to the service adviser. I suspect you have already done some wear and tear to your front drive shafts.

Part-time 4WD systems are not meant for handling like the All Wheel Drive/Permanent 4Wheel drive systems. The part time system is meant to use only in slippery conditions.
Old 27th December 2009, 18:41   #72
BHPian

hmm guys out of curiosity i was under the impression that 4wd with open differentials should have no problem being driven on tarmac in 4h does anyone have any links i can read up with regard to this also what does the owners manual say???
Old 28th December 2009, 11:00   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@Off Roadie:

There is plenty information in the 4WD section on team-bhp about this. 4WD vehicles with open center differential like Pajero 2.8/3.2 and Fortuner, etc in India can be driven in 4WD on tarmac. Part-time 4WD sytems like the ones installed in Scorpio/Safari/Endeavour etc have no center differential and cannot be driven in 4WD mode on tarmac.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:03   #74
BHPian

Update

Hello All.

HIT 3100Km , with 2 Trips to Kerala , one to Wayanad and one to Guruvayoor.

The Hawk Handled like a dream. never felt tired , V-kool is really helping to keep the sun under control..

Nothing to report ..other than pure bliss...

Cheers
Raghu.
Old 11th January 2010, 18:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All.

HIT 3100Km , with 2 Trips to Kerala , one to Wayanad and one to Guruvayoor.
Nothing to report ..other than pure bliss...
welcome back dude, please to post some photoos of your Hawk in the Jungles...

and any updates on ICE replacement???

Last edited by adzegeek : 11th January 2010 at 18:11. Reason: dont want to post another one so soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks