Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 14:58   #121
BHPian

Re: The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Here;s my first service bill for Scorpio VLX 4WD

August 2, 2011
Odometer - 4901 KM

Engine Care - 718.24
Oil Filter Element - 132.75
Maxmile Crown Engine Oil ( 6.5 Litre ) - 1399.06
Maxmile DO EXL 1.8 L - 342.86 - WHAT IS THIS ?

Labour Charges
Synthetic Lubricant - 350
Dry Polish - 250

Some taxes, service tax - 60 Education, Higher Education Rs. 1.80 Cess on Vat while 12.5 % Vat was charged for everything more Vat Rs. 404.10

Total Rip off - Rs. - 3,679

Are these items / prices fair ?
Engine Care --- The Engine Bay is coated with some stuff , to keep the bay looking clean and healthy. you can take a call on this. i do this when my engine bay is very dirty mostly every 25k kms.

Maxmile DO EXL 1.8 L - 342.86 - WHAT IS THIS ?

This looks like the differential Oil Change for 4WD. you can do this every 25k.

Dry Polish -- RIP OFF.

Do make sure you change the Engine Oil every 5000Kms , don't go with the ASC words of 15000 kms.

Regds
Raghu.

Last edited by vraghuz : 12th September 2011 at 14:59.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:44   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Do make sure you change the Engine Oil every 5000Kms , don't go with the ASC words of 15000 kms.
Any particular reason why you say this? A technical reasoning would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Old 13th September 2011, 07:53   #123
BHPian

AB,

I have felt that 15k Service Intervals is too long for a more city driven and once or twice a month long drives or highway driven mHawks.

I have been following this for the last 1.5 yrs and most of my colleagues who has travelled with me says that my mHawk engine is more silent that other mHawks which they have travelled. they might be right or wrong , but this is what i follow.

Technically it is 15k Oil Change and the Service Manual confirms this , but are we following these once you know about your vehicle and how it behaves? ASC's keep changing their versions with regards to services in different places and regions which we all know, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you are and do the service and maintain your vehicle earlier that ASC and " Manual" says it will only increase the ride quality and engine life , rather than let's go by the book rule.

End of the day , it's upto the owners to experience and feel the difference of their rides rather than blindly following what "The Book" or ASC says.

Raghu.
Old 13th September 2011, 09:19   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Here;s my first service bill for Scorpio VLX 4WD

August 2, 2011
Odometer - 4901 KM

Total Rip off - Rs. - 3,679

Are these items / prices fair ?
My MHawk went in for the first service and i got the servicing done from TVS Motors in Kottayam (Kerala) as i was on vacation. The total bill amount was Rs. 2700/-, which included changing all the oils as per the manual. I didn't get the vehicle washed by them as it was raining cats and dogs outside, and also there was a huge queue for washing.

I shall put up a detailed breakup of the service bill on my ownership thread soon.
Old 6th June 2012, 17:55   #125
BHPian

Update :
----------
Total Km's -- 47276.

Went to IG Whitefield for service. SA Madhu was courteous and warming. the details.

1. Diesel Filter change.
2. Oil and Filter Change.
3. Air Filter Change.
4. Coolant replacement.
5. Gear Box Oil Change.
6. Engine Care.

They also changed couple of bushes.

Total Bill was around 9500.00

Last week there was a quick trip to Alleppey in kerala , covered 1300 kms in 2 days , was a dead tired when i reached back home .the Hawk as usual handled like a dream, threw her in the kumily to kottayam twists and turns , and she came out in flying colors !! , gave and average mileage of 14+.
what more can u ask for ..

The Hawk as usual behaves like a kite , always ready to fly , this Dec it will touch the 3rd year. so far so good, no hassles, no tense moments, no issues. that's the way it should be..

Raghu.

Last edited by vraghuz : 6th June 2012 at 17:57.
Old 6th June 2012, 18:32   #126
BHPian

3 years, time to change raghu? More options available now..

My odo in same time is creeping to your achievements 45K+ and counting.

Cheers
Rajesh
Old 6th June 2012, 19:33   #127
BHPian

Rajesh,

Good to know that you are alive and kicking.. no plans to change the hawk for atleast another 2 years , options ! hah ! XUV is a disaster as of now with so many problems reported, so much of time and effort has been put into the hawk to make it a dream ride , so i wait...

Raghu.
Old 6th June 2012, 21:58   #128
BHPian

So good to know to hawk about ur hawk...

May you keep hawky miles with him.

To keep myself informed,..
What problems is the xuv facing ..?
Old 7th June 2012, 09:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update :
----------
Total Km's -- 47276.

Went to IG Whitefield for service. SA Madhu was courteous and warming. the details.
Raghu.
Raghu this dude SA Madhu is a complete noob if you wanna talk about the technicalities of the vehicle. I still remember when I ran into the brake MC issue I tried explaining the problem and he could never relate to what I was trying to explain.

Next instance was when I ran into to clutch pedal making some squeaky noise coupled with the gear lever judder,Madhu couldn't understand a thing of what was being told to him.

Finally the service works head from IG, Bangalore had to come down personally and arrange for a senior mech who could understand the problem. Five minutes of explaining the issue , the senior mech understood the problem. I have nothing against him, but then you work in a service center and you ought to know a few things.

There used to be this young mallu dude in his early 20's by name Shibu a SA who was from MVJ College of Engineering, at IG who was extremely good. He knew the mechanicals pretty well and was always patient, apparently IG couldn't retain him. Twice my car was serviced when he was around and his attention to detail was simply fantastic. It's hard to come by such people.

That said am glad you are enjoying the Mhawk. Drive safe .

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
What problems is the xuv facing ..?
here you go, check this linky .
Old 7th June 2012, 17:29   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Raghu this dude SA Madhu is a complete noob if you wanna talk about the technicalities of the vehicle. I still remember when I ran into the brake MC issue I tried explaining the problem and he could never relate to what I was trying to explain.

Next instance was when I ran into to clutch pedal making some squeaky noise coupled with the gear lever judder,Madhu couldn't understand a thing of what was being told to him.

Finally the service works head from IG, Bangalore had to come down personally and arrange for a senior mech who could understand the problem. Five minutes of explaining the issue , the senior mech understood the problem. I have nothing against him, but then you work in a service center and you ought to know a few things.

There used to be this young mallu dude in his early 20's by name Shibu a SA who was from MVJ College of Engineering, at IG who was extremely good. He knew the mechanicals pretty well and was always patient, apparently IG couldn't retain him. Twice my car was serviced when he was around and his attention to detail was simply fantastic. It's hard to come by such people.

That said am glad you are enjoying the Mhawk. Drive safe .

here you go, check this linky .

RJ Saab,

Yes, i remember the Guy , i think his name was saji .. i really don't allow these guys to take a call on what to do with the Hawk , i just tell them what i want , no additions or extra spice up from their side, just do what was told. i maintain this policy , so far it has been a smooth ride.

The SA's will protest in the begining , but when i put my foot down and say i want this and nothing else, they know that he cannot play around and will come in terms. even for my 40k service they tried to take me for a ride , i just did the oil change and came out as i know they hardly to anything in the name of 40k service other than checking this and that..

Well it's business and everyone is looking for opportunites. it's up to us to be careful.

One more classic example was when my driver broke the key, the SA in the vic layout told me that i should change the entire set which would have costed me around 9k. i went back and did some checks and went to sks and replaced just the key for Rs. 600 !!!

Bloody Pirates i say !!

Raghu.
Old 24th August 2012, 16:24   #131
BHPian

Hello All,

Last week the Hawk Cross 50,000 Kms and what a drive it has been so far !!! , this Dec it's going to be 2 Years since he has entered my life and so far he has never let me down , he has always let me hold my head high !!

Let's Hope it will continue like this for another 3 Years !!

Regds
Ra...
Old 24th August 2012, 17:42   #132
BHPian

Congrats on the 50k milestone. Wish you many more pleasurable ones to come.
Old 10th December 2012, 16:29   #133
BHPian

Dear All,

ODO Reading -- 54511.
----------------------------
It's been Three years now since the Hawk landed in my life , what a Journey so far !!!, he has taken me to all the places without any hassle or troubles , just pure thrill and fun. he is never tired or dull even after a 14 hr non stop drive...!!! just want to fly more...

I still follow the 5K Oil Change Interval and so far the Engine is running smooth, without any issues so far. so for the last 3 years my Major spending was on Oil Changes..!!

Wax once a month with Meguiar's .. so that the paint does not dull or dim.

What more can someone ask !!! many more miles to go..!!!! as i plan to start touring...

Regds
Ra..
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:57   #134
M35
BHPian

Quote:

ODO Reading -- 54511.
Great going buddy. I too have clocked around 50000 km in about 3.5 years those most of the drives happened in just about 9 months

Quote:
I still follow the 5K Oil Change Interval and so far the Engine is running smooth, without any issues so far. so for the last 3 years my Major spending was on Oil Changes..!!
My m-Hawk gets gets an oil change some times even less than 5K

Quote:
Wax once a month with Meguiar's .. so that the paint does not dull or dim.
How is it done. A DIY job? or by any professional?
Quote:
What more can someone ask !!! many more miles to go..!!!! as i plan to start touring...
Keep revving
Old 3rd January 2013, 13:24   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Great going buddy. I too have clocked around 50000 km in about 3.5 years those most of the drives happened in just about 9 months

My m-Hawk gets gets an oil change some times even less than 5K

How is it done. A DIY job? or by any professional?
Keep revving
M35,

Waxing is a DIY job , no pros

Ra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks