Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 21:26   #106
Senior - BHPian

it has happened with me thrice buddy, this is my third scorpio! so i know what you are talking about...
Old 6th October 2010, 13:45   #107
BHPian

Done Third Service yesterday at 15835KM .

Bill was Rs. 0.00

The Hawk runs like a dream, with no issues so far....

Cheers
Raghu.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
Done Third Service yesterday at 15835KM .

Bill was Rs. 0.00
Good to know that.

Quote:
The Hawk runs like a dream, with no issues so far....

Cheers
Raghu.
Like every scorpio should!

by the way, did some offroading?
Old 6th October 2010, 18:29   #109
BHPian

Raj,

So far no off-roading , work is preventing me to get out and do some, have planned some for next month. hope all goes well..

Cheers
Raghu
Old 30th December 2010, 18:32   #110
BHPian

Re: The Hawk has Landed 2.2 mHawk 4WD ..

Hello All,

ODO Shows 21585 , so far soooo Good. Everyday is a revelation , the Torque oooh.. the less i say , the better it is.., otherwise i cannot keep my mouth shut. .. the kind of people drooling on the scorpio get is something to be experienced upon..

Running like a dream.....

Raghu...
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:08   #111
BANNED

@vraghuz- great acquisition. I love the car, but i found the storage space and the rear legroom to be really less. whats your take on this?
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:48   #112
BHPian

Hi All,

Just finished 26200Km , and was greeted by a Engine Oil & Gear Box Change , i have started changing the Engine Oil at 5000Km , which follows a Tyre Rotation , the Gear Oil was changed into Synthetic, and i immediately found the diff.

Earlier i had a small issue with the Gear Change in the Morning on the First start , the shifting from first gear to second was a little hard for 10 mins of drive, which vanished when i moved into synthetic oil..

What else...Well i would say again... The Hawk is a Dream, Flying high , making the Owner proud, i take care of him and he makes sure that im safe too..

Drove to Kerala on a 1300Km Trip to and fro and it was a Pleasure all the way , i did not unleash him to fly more than 100km , and boy was he angry or what !! , growling on me to let him loose....

All in all one BIG Happy Family ....

Raghu..
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:07   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...a Engine Oil & Gear Box Change...

...first gear to second was a little hard for 10 mins of drive, which vanished when i moved into synthetic oil..
Why did you have your gearbox changed? And what synthetic oil had you been using in the gearbox?
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why did you have your gearbox changed? And what synthetic oil had you been using in the gearbox?
Oops , it's not the Gear Box Sir, its the Gearbox Oil (Silly me, Typo Error) , Here in Bangalore M & M ASC is offering Synthetic Oil for Gearbox. no idea which make it is.

Regds
Raghu.
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:49   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just finished 26200Km , and was greeted by a Engine Oil & Gear Box Change , i have started changing the Engine Oil at 5000Km ,
Why? The present Engine Oil provided by the M&M has a change interval of 20K. Why would you want to change every 5K?
Quote:
Oops , it's not the Gear Box Sir, its the Gearbox Oil (Silly me, Typo Error) , Here in Bangalore M & M ASC is offering Synthetic Oil for Gearbox. no idea which make it is.
You might want to check it out. The new transmission oil has a 80K (IIRC) interval and on asking M&M service team had strictly forbid me to put synthetic. You may want to check it out as change to anything non-recommended by the company can render your warranty null and void.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:09   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Why? The present Engine Oil provided by the M&M has a change interval of 20K. Why would you want to change every 5K?

You might want to check it out. The new transmission oil has a 80K (IIRC) interval and on asking M&M service team had strictly forbid me to put synthetic. You may want to check it out as change to anything non-recommended by the company can render your warranty null and void.

Cheers

MC,

The Oil Change was done by M & M ASC which supplied the Oil , i did not carry the oil from Outside, so if it's done by a M & M ASC , who also supplied the Oil , how can the warranty be null and void ?

Raghu.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:19   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MC,

The Oil Change was done by M & M ASC which supplied the Oil , i did not carry the oil from Outside, so if it's done by a M & M ASC , who also supplied the Oil , how can the warranty be null and void ?

Raghu.
The owner's manual recommends a particular grade of oil. Synthetic oil is nowhere recommended in it. Having been a M&M customer till very recent past, I can tell you that things which you would not thing twice about can also adversely affect during warranty claim.

Apart from that ASC tries its level best to fleece customers. Other very normal practices by ASC which are not recommended by M&M service teams are engine flushing, diesel additives.

My simple advice will be, use the Mahindra cobranded mineral oil for engine, transmission and differential as per the maintenance schedule listed in your owner's manual. Nothing more, nothing less. Will keep your vehicle absolutely fine.

And oh yes, don't use premium diesel!
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:04   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Apart from that ASC tries its level best to fleece customers. Other very normal practices by ASC which are not recommended by M&M service teams are engine flushing, diesel additives.
Very very true. Prescription of various additives & 'treatments' and taking on of more work than they can handle is becoming the bane of Mahindra's service network. But I've noticed only recently that on the plus side if you raise a hue and cry, they'll quickly go on the defensive and accede to your valid requests.

@vraghuz: Since Scorpio owners are regarded as the wealthier clients (we bolero owners are poor farmerz wonlee) the ASC's consider them as the 'bakras' for peddling off all the fancy stuff. So be careful. Enjoy the Scorpio!
Old 29th July 2011, 19:25   #119
BHPian

Update ;
------------
The Hawk crossed 34,500 KMS , greeted by a Engine Oil Change, thats it. it's been 1Year 8 months since the Hawk flew into my life, i would say he is still flying high... , nothing to complain..

One of the head light bulbs high beam burned off on a trip to salem, replaced both bulbs with OSRAM night breaker which i procured from Germany, i would say it's far far better than the Philips Blue Vision bulb they provide ..

Regds
Raghu..

Last edited by vraghuz : 29th July 2011 at 19:30.
Old 7th September 2011, 00:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Here;s my first service bill for Scorpio VLX 4WD

August 2, 2011
Odometer - 4901 KM

Engine Care - 718.24
Oil Filter Element - 132.75
Maxmile Crown Engine Oil ( 6.5 Litre ) - 1399.06
Maxmile DO EXL 1.8 L - 342.86 - WHAT IS THIS ?

Labour Charges
Synthetic Lubricant - 350
Dry Polish - 250

Some taxes, service tax - 60 Education, Higher Education Rs. 1.80 Cess on Vat while 12.5 % Vat was charged for everything more Vat Rs. 404.10

Total Rip off - Rs. - 3,679

Are these items / prices fair ?

Most Viewed