Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 11:21   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Laura TSI Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
Completed first service of my Laura TSI on Nov 2010. The service was done at TAFE. Total bill came around 6000/- which includes oil change. So far no issues. Both sales and service experience was really good.

Recently noticed that when driven over really bad road rattling / squeaking noise from back seat or rear doors or parcel tray. Before taking to the service center would like to know whether it is normal, please provide your comments.

Drive is really smooth, especially acceleration and during last trip in NH7 / NH47 got a mileage of around 16 (400 Kms for 25 lts of petrol, tankful to tankful) at 120+ KMPH.

Hi @hassanks,

This is good to know. I strongly feel that first two services should not have any labor charges and I was sad to hear that a lot of bhpeans actually paid labour charges for the first service - may be they do not care much for their money. 6000 is reasonable for first service considering the engine oil cost.

Can you post your first service bill (or at least send to me via PM). I will be a great help - I am taking my Laura TSI for first service next week and a copy of your first service bill be a great help to keep the dealer honest. I will also upload mine once I am done. I have uploaded all my Tucson servicing bills on the Tucson thread and it has proven mutually useful for fellow Tucson owners.

My Laura also has mild rattle on bad roads (it feels to be coming somewhere from the rear window panes/assembly or parcel shelf). My car absolutely stock - including seats. I am going to get this debugged during first service.

Your FE of 16kmpl is unbelievable. Congrats. What did the MFD show as average consumption figure (computer 1 and 2) during this trip?

And you did not need any oil top-up during first 11000KM. That's awesome. Mine required around 1.1L after first 3000KM and then on, it's stable - I have done 10500KM so far.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 20th January 2011 at 11:27.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:56   #152
BHPian

First service bill details (TAFE ACCESS Bangalore):

Spare parts
Oil filter - 475.90
Fuel Filter - 953.20
Consumable - 99.12
Miscellaneous 62.38
Oils and Lubricants
Shell Helix Ultra 5w (4.5 ltrs) 894.27 * 4.5 = 4024.23
Accessories
screen was - 97.61
Labour and job work - 0.0

Total - 6484/- (5712.44 + 771.18 VAT)

I will post scanned copy of the bill once access to the scanner.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:44   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks @hassanks!

So they charged you only 894 per liter for the oil.
This will be a big help for me to straighten things up at Europa Auto who generally claim the oil to be at 1100 per liter.

You are really lucky to have a Skoda dealer like TAFE who seem to be very honest.

Yes, please do upload the scanned copy so that I will have Europa guys do the servicing without even attempting to over charge.

Thanks again.
Team BHP rocks!
Old 21st January 2011, 12:08   #154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Things that can rattle in the Laura are;

1) The rear folding Arm rest (only in opened position).
2) The rear parcel shelf (especially if not placed properly, but even otherwise on bad roads) - helps to have the threads that old it to the rear boot kept on this shelf.
3) Stuff like bottles kept in the door pockets.
4) Coins kept in any of the storage compartments.

Otherwise it is quite rattlefree.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:54   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

2) The rear parcel shelf (especially if not placed properly, but even otherwise on bad roads) - helps to have the threads that old it to the rear boot kept on this shelf.

Thanks for the inputs.
To isolate the issue, I emptied the car - no bottles/coints, anything. It still rattled on bad roads - I will now try some books on the parcel shelf and report.

BTW, I would beg to differ on the "coins kept in storage compartment" as all storage compartments are lined with soft rubber/fabric - a feature i fell in love with after seeing what happens with coin/keys kept in such places in the NHC/Tucson .

Will report after the parcel shelf loading experiment by tonight.
Old 21st January 2011, 13:47   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Thanks for the inputs.
To isolate the issue, I emptied the car - no bottles/coints, anything. It still rattled on bad roads - I will now try some books on the parcel shelf and report.

BTW, I would beg to differ on the "coins kept in storage compartment" as all storage compartments are lined with soft rubber/fabric - a feature i fell in love with after seeing what happens with coin/keys kept in such places in the NHC/Tucson .

Will report after the parcel shelf loading experiment by tonight.
Anand got a similar rattle in my laura too coming from the back, keep me updated if you find the issue

cheers..

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2011 at 19:59. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Correcting
Old 21st January 2011, 17:11   #157
BHPian

I have an appointment tomorrow at TAFE service center to address the rattles from the back seat or doors. Will try to find out what is wrong and if possible to fix them. Also will try to see whether similar issue exists in other vehicles if they claim these rattles are normal.
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:17   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
I have an appointment tomorrow at TAFE service center to address the rattles from the back seat or doors. Will try to find out what is wrong and if possible to fix them. Also will try to see whether similar issue exists in other vehicles if they claim these rattles are normal.
i feel it comes from the back seats or parcel tray, it is not coming from the doors for sure, keep me updated if they fix it,

thanks..
Old 22nd January 2011, 20:57   #159
BHPian

Couldn't go to the service station due to the Karnataka bandh today. Need to schedule an appointment next week if possible.
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:47   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Add glove compartment squeak, seat belt ( passenger side when not in use)harness to this list.
Old 25th January 2011, 19:09   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, I removed the strings that lift the parcel shelf. Also loaded the parcel shelf with books. No difference.

At least in my car, the rattle seems to originate from the window panes/door assemblies.

@hassanks,
Waiting for your visit to TAFE to get this diagnosed.

Also, whenever you can spare some time, please upload the scaned copy of the service bill please.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th January 2011 at 19:10.
Old 29th January 2011, 18:40   #162
BHPian

Today visited TAFE service center and got the rattle from back seat / door fixed.

The issue was with the back door and the seats. The back door had rattles which was fixed as well as they lubricated the joints of the doors. Also they re-fixed the back seat, I have aftermarket leather seats from Stanly, except one part which they requested to visit Stanly as it need some custom work from Stanly. End result no more rattling from the back side.

Took a test drive with SA before the job card is done, they understood the problem and after the issues were fixed again took a test ride and no more rattling. There is a long stretch near TAFE service station which is good for such tests.

Also did a general checkup, filled up 1/2 lts of engine oil.

Driven around 15KMs on the way back and did not find any more issues with the back, on the same road earlier it used to have lots of rattle sound.

The only issue with the car now is seat belt squeaking sound (driver side) and passenger side dash board or glove box rattle (faint noise) on really bad roads or uneven roads. I have tested all these with no music and the cabin is now super silent except the above two issues. I am planning to put a rubber band around the seat belt holder which mostly should fix the squeaking noise.

I have scanned the 1st service invoice will mostly upload tonight or tomorrow.
Old 29th January 2011, 19:04   #163
BHPian

Attached scanned copy of 1st service invoice.
Attached Thumbnails
Laura TSI Initial ownership experience-img023.jpg  

Old 29th January 2011, 21:31   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a lot buddy for the scanned copy.
I booked for service and this info helped to pre-confirm the costs.

Good to hear that the rattle could be fixed. Will get mine fixed as well and report.
For the remaining noise in your case, please closely observe the a/c vent at the center (there are 2 at the center) - the one on the co-passenger side is the culprit. My service guy told me they have to replace it on all lauras...

Apart from that i hear static from the left front door speaker - the service guy seemed to know about it as well.

Will update after my service.

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2011, 14:01   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Update after 1st Service Done!

OK, got my first service done at Asset Auto, Wagholi.

Total bill around Rs. 6200.
All servicing well done.
I had 1 liter of Shell Helix ultra (sealed pack) lying in the boot - bought it just for contingency 3/4 months ago. Asked them to use it and charge me only for 3.5L oil this time. They agreed after some discussion. The 1L can I had July 2008 printed as the date and that's why I wanted to get done with it - I asked the service advisor on the shelf life of the synthetic oil - he started telling me 15000km or 1 year whichever is earlier. I gave up and asked him to just use it...

They did an engine oil flush and charged me for it - not sure that was necessary. Is it?

They did tyre rotation, wheel aligning, balancing and really took great effort to ensure that it was great - I was present all the time - watching from the customer lounge - really appreciated the tidy work.

In the end, I asked them to show me the air filter - just a random thing to check how good they did the servicing - it was clean, so felt good.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 7th February 2011 at 14:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks