Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 13:21   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Yes i do read every post especially that.

But, please wait till some pictures are avlbl for the cable..I am sure Ford is not out of their minds selling a normal pc/laptop usb cable for 1100/-...don't worry..it must be different.
Old 5th April 2010, 13:44   #1457
BHPian

Just took a Test drive of the Figo Diesel at Metro Ford, yesterday afteroon.
Comparing with the petrol Fiesta that i am driving and Test drive of the Punto Diesel a few weeks back, the Figo Diesel is wonderful machine to drive.
The A/c on the Punto seemed to be much more powerful but it could also be attributed to the time of Day the TDs were taken.
I liked the music system and wanted to know if i could change out my existing Fiesta one with the Figos, the sales guy was not sure as they needed to check on this.

just wanted to share my 2 cents.

Go Figo
Old 5th April 2010, 14:04   #1458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
mkerala - It may not be the same person. I guess they have different regions within south itself and RSM's in charge of each. The person in charge of Bangalore region may not have Kerala under him.

Anyways, that story of Nov - Dec booking sounds so phony, even the launch date was not sure at that point ! An official from Ford should not be giving this kind of excuses for delayed delivery.

@sanjayc - regarding the USB cable, I asked dealers and they confirmed that it is a special cable with a custom made adapter/pin which you can't buy outside. I commented that Ford is making a kill with this and the sales person just smiled at this.
My rsm was P abhilash. He is charge of full south zone.

Ok then lets see a usb cable to know what really is it.

Figo owner's don't you need a usb for your mp3? Please buy one and post a picture with some details.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:45   #1459
BHPian

BS 4 compliant

Guys.

Is the Figo BS 4 compliant. RTA authorities in Hyderabad have declared that they will not be registering cars which are not BS 4 compliant after 3 months.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:58   #1460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys.

Is the Figo BS 4 compliant. RTA authorities in Hyderabad have declared that they will not be registering cars which are not BS 4 compliant after 3 months.
Yes it is already BS 4
Old 5th April 2010, 15:09   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@sanjayc - regarding the USB cable, I asked dealers and they confirmed that it is a special cable with a custom made adapter/pin which you can't buy outside. I commented that Ford is making a kill with this and the sales person just smiled at this.
The manual for the music system mentions of the USB being in the dash. If you open the dash you can see a round cap that temporarily seems to close the place where the USB will be connected.

I'm just hoping we would be able to close the dash with the USB in. Maybe the actual adaptor might come a little deep inside the hole so as to have place for the usb device in and still be able to close the dash.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:15   #1462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The manual for the music system mentions of the USB being in the dash. If you open the dash you can see a round cap that temporarily seems to close the place where the USB will be connected.

I'm just hoping we would be able to close the dash with the USB in. Maybe the actual adaptor might come a little deep inside the hole so as to have place for the usb device in and still be able to close the dash.
I thin the USB cable from the music system is placed on the dash. So we can plug over usb devices to the dash easily without using both hand. When it is a cable we need both hands, one to hold the usb cable and other to plug the usb device, which is boring, time consuming and slow.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:01   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

Do you mean glove compartment?
Old 5th April 2010, 16:17   #1464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
Yes, glove compartment.

@gemi: Is there anything we can do for music system EXI models to connect USB ?
Old 5th April 2010, 16:18   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
yes its in the glove compartment, last time when i inquired they said it comes with a cable that needs to be connected to an adapter leading to the glove box. What we need to know is that if that adapter cable is proprietary or the normal cable with an USB port on the other end.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:37   #1466
BHPian

I saw one parked in my office parking lot today. Didnt have the TDCI label, so its definitely squeeze petrol. And it was the Titanium model.

Must belong to some Employee of Ford only. TN plates.

Quote:
Ok thank you.

If anyone spot a squeeze zxi petrol please en quire the booking date to the owner and inform me before 18th april. It will be so helpful for me.

Also I will be giving a gift software from PC Tools valued at approx Rs 2000 for your work.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:45   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Ok then lets see a usb cable to know what really is it.

Figo owner's don't you need a usb for your mp3? Please buy one and post a picture with some details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
yes its in the glove compartment, last time when i inquired they said it comes with a cable that needs to be connected to an adapter leading to the glove box. What we need to know is that if that adapter cable is proprietary or the normal cable with an USB port on the other end.
Guys, a simple back of the hand calculation will tell you that it needs to be a special cable, like the one used in ipod/iphone..IMO, a normal usb cable can only convert a device like ipod as a mass storage/ hdd device, but if you want the HU to control the playback/read phonebook/make/receive calls and basically integrate with phones and control them, there ought to be lot of proprietory stuff in the speical purpose cable.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:46   #1468
BHPian

Here's a link from eBay listing a cable for a Visteon unit with the Ford HU.

FORD MP3 IPOD, AUX IN Interface Adaptor CTVFOX002 2003> on eBay (end time 09-Apr-10 21:04:32 BST)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Mondeo-CD...item3efbae4f27

If its so complicated, then I expect that it would be definitely 1100. Maybe it has circuitry to read the USB drive and then pass it to the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ctvfox002.jpg  

Last edited by Brix : 5th April 2010 at 16:49.
Old 5th April 2010, 16:51   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Here's a link from eBay listing a cable for a Visteon unit with the Ford HU.

FORD MP3 IPOD, AUX IN Interface Adaptor CTVFOX002 2003> on eBay (end time 09-Apr-10 21:04:32 BST)

Ford Mondeo CD Mp3 Front USB Aux Car Stereo Fitting Kit on eBay (end time 04-May-10 18:17:09 BST)

If its so complicated, then I expect that it would be definitely 1100. Maybe it has circuitry to read the USB drive and then pass it to the HU.
No, this is not the one. This one is for HU's which DOES NOT have AUX-in and this device simply provides a aux-in port.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:02   #1470
BHPian

Just spoke to Lathangi Ford.

The delivery time for the TDCI Titanium model is 5-4 weeks it seems with the on road price of 6.35L in B'lore.

Does any one have a pic of sea grey color Figo. Pls post them, haven't seen one in this shade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks