Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 11:26   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
You have hit two birds with one stone

a. indeed proven your point beyond doubt that pre-owned cars have a great value in them.
Comin' up after 2 years, a 530d / A4 3.2 FSI for 15 - 18 lakhs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Was the car owned by someone in your family or a bhpian??? Looks beautifully maintained. The interiors are as good as new.
I'm told that the car had indoor parking throughout.

Quote:
How many people do you think that your GTO is a spelling error and should have been got considering the 's is not visible from a distance?? BTW love it.
Don't think too many. Whoever is familiar with the "got bhp?" sticker will easily place this one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTwenty View Post
Prior to reading this thread, Used Car market was something I wouldn't touch with a yardstick.But now, it suddenly seems so enticing and VFM than buying a new car.
Rest assured, the first car I purchase [current one is Dad's car, strictly speaking, that I end up driving most of time.]will most probably be a used driver-oriented car.
I'm glad that this Civic demonstrates to many of you, the sheer value just waiting to be tapped in the used market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Earlier also you had mentioned about Civic upgrade here :
Nice catch, Aaggoswami.

Quote:
I am surprised to see such a VFM deal in city like Mumbai, here we dont have such good deals.
Keep searching. It's easy to replicate such deals in MH, Gujarat, Delhi (even cheaper BTW) etc. I think Bangalore would be difficult as new cars are priced so high to start with.

Quote:
Last but not the least, the entire thread is excellent with each and every step.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
One of the cleanest second hand piece i have come across in the recent months.
To be honest, my Vtec was equally clean at the time of purchase. She was 1 year old with only 3,500 kms on the odo when I took her home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
And yes, do get it dynoed before the mods start coming. Or do i even need to say so?
But of course! Dyno run before / after each mod to know the real benefits. BHP versus MHP (Mental Horse Power).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
should easily serve you for the next 6-7 years in Tip Top Form like most japs would.
That's the key purpose; daily reliable service with minimal upkeep for another 7 years. Beauty of buying used is that, you don't have to wait 7 - 10 years to sell (& avoid depreciation loses)!

As long as there are suckers who sell their new cars within 1 - 3 years of ownership, we continue to gain

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2010 at 11:31.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2010, 11:32   #77
BHPian

@ GTO

My car has run for 27k kms. Here is the detailed review about it
Old 10th March 2010, 11:43   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Speak to Tejas Shah (Broker) on 98190.68141. Young chap, very hard-working with an ability to screen the entire market for good cars. He showed me the most cars in that 1 month timeframe.
thank you. will do that in the next few days. now if i can find a got condition civic
Old 10th March 2010, 11:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Here's one Guy who not only gives us perfect threads and suggestions on pre owned cars, but also sticks to what he recommends or suggests.

Looking at the first pic, I thought its a new car in the showroom. I later realised that the first owner just did a small run in to the engine, so that new owner do not have to bear that trouble and can straight away start revving the car to its limits.

With 7.5k on the clock, and at INR8.1 lac, its sheeeeer VFM.

Congratulations GTO. Wish you miles of Happiness.
Keep revving and Drive Safe!

I would look forward to a detailed review of suspention upgrade!

cheers!
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 10th March 2010 at 11:58.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

well well..you are a motivation. enjoy the rev rev engine. i'm seeing a RD ecu soon on this. civic in white is mouth watering.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:18   #81
BHPian

Congratulations

Hi GTO,

Congratulations on a very fine purchase. Mind over heart surely rules in second hand car purchases.

Your article on the buying used cars proved to be the stimulus for me too. A change of jobs meant I would be travelling (driving driving ... clap clap clap ) over 50 kms daily! I ended up getting a 2001 Alto VX 1.1! It is a version converted to CNG and continues to stun me . Over 800 kms of driving with the 1.1. litred beast, my pocket surely feels more happy with the overall cost incurred and the mileage acheived (19-21 kmpl over the kms... :-))

Lead Us & Rev On...

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th March 2010 at 15:36. Reason: Hi, 2 smileys max per post - please do read the rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

Man, thats one IMMACULATE car. Doesn't look like a used car at all!! Congrats!!
Old 10th March 2010, 12:45   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
I have read on civic thread that this car has very low Ground Clearance.In Mumbai i think low GC is not a problem.
Yeah, Mumbai speed bumps aren't as bad as those in Bangalore. The Civic scrapes its underbelly thanks to the soft rear suspension (sags with 2+ people on the backseat) and long wheelbase.

A bolt-on performance suspension kit ought to firm things up. I've seen how stiffer rear dampers helped matters in the facelifted Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
If I fail to find such a deal in pune in future, I would definitely search in mumbai.
Do take a look at my "benchmark" car, it was from Pune itself! (linked two posts back)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
At 8something lacs, you surely have lots of moolah left for your performance mods.
That's the idea. 1/3rd of the $$$ saved will be used for mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Do upgrade the stock ICE.
Moderator Navin is in charge . I don't have the slightest worry. He is an extremely particular personality; unbelievable eye for detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
A 5L plus premium for the new car smell is not worth it
I lose count of the number of times I've heard people say "Hey, the car smells great on the inside".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I have been very relaxed at the backseat and the car seems to be sticking well to the road.
Altis = Backseat. Civic = Drivers seat
Old 10th March 2010, 12:52   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know Team-BHPians? The first reply on the thread would have said "Hey, these aren't bumpers from the facelift version. It's an older car".
Really liked this response . Nothing gets over looked at our t-bhp

Hearty Congrats on your new purchase.

Edit: Before i purchased my i10 AT, i was seriously looking for Civic AT and i saw a couple of cars that really put me off. Now your new Car has made me rethink, if i should have continued my lookout for Civic AT.

Last edited by ikoneer : 10th March 2010 at 12:57.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, Mumbai speed bumps aren't as bad as those in Bangalore. The Civic scrapes its underbelly thanks to the soft rear suspension (sags with 2+ people on the backseat) and long wheelbase.
A bolt-on performance suspension kit ought to firm things up. I've seen how stiffer rear dampers helped matters in the facelifted Civic.
that sagging is an eye sore on highways. spoils the entire look of the car. i would say that for absolute bang for buck, psycho's tuning up of stock suspension should firm things up. but that is really really firm. for a bolt on i think it costs at least 5 times.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:40   #86
BHPian

@GTO..

Even i have a pre-owned civic..

got 1.8V MT June 2008 model - same white colour

i picked it up around feb 2009 for 10.4Lacs and now i have completed 28000KMS in last 1 year..

I would say..THIS IS THE CAR WHICH WILL MAKE YOUR NEIGHBOUR ENVY & ATTRACT ANYONE WHEN YOU ENTER A PORTICO OF ANY HOTEL OR OFFICE
Old 10th March 2010, 13:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hey GTO, CONGRATS!!!! Thats a great car you have bought...

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 10th March 2010, 13:48   #88
MCR
BHPian

Wow nice car GTO, looks brand new. Civic looks great in White. But why would you like to mod the car? I think Civic is fun to drive in its basic form.
But I am amazed at the choices available in Mumbai. Not so the case in Bangalore. Its very hard to find a well maintained decent car. More often than not, the buyer ends up making a compromise.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:15   #89
Senior - BHPian

Nice bargain you got there! Congratulations, and wish you a million miles of safe and happy driving!

I'm sure I'm the odd man out here, but IMHO the TBHP sticker is looking a little out of place and diluting the pristine white look of the vehicle. Do consider removing it if you agree. No offence!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 10th March 2010, 14:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Congrats GTO. Any idea why the first owner sold the car? He's obviously lost quite a bit of money on this deal so I'm curious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks