Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 18:11   #106
BHPian

Hearty Congrats GTO, Please dont tell me that this a used car - I don believe this. I would say you are a lucky chap to get this baby, its a stunning deal.
White CIVIC - is an eye catcher, great color choice (Thanks for not picking up purple/maroon)
Upgrade from OHC to Civic - again very decent upgrade sticking to brand HONDA.
I am sure you gonna enjoy every ride every second with this white angel
Mods - Please keep posting about the mods with title Turning angel to Beast.

Happy and Drive safe ....
Old 10th March 2010, 18:36   #107
BHPian

Congratulations are in order GTO!! After proving to the us that used (sorry pre-worshipped) cars make perfect economic sense, you have actually gone out and got one.

I have been driving a used Maruti for almost eight years now and when I fianlly think of replacing it with a new car, along comes this thread. Not fair sirjee :-)
Old 10th March 2010, 18:46   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianv2 View Post
Your article on the buying used cars proved to be the stimulus for me too. Over 800 kms of driving with the 1.1. litred beast, my pocket surely feels more happy with the overall cost incurred and the mileage acheived (19-21 kmpl over the kms... )

Lead Us & Rev On...
Nice.....plus, you have a more powerful (discontinued) Alto, compared to what's sold new in Maruti showrooms. Felt the same when I rolled my Vtec next to the NHC that was just launched at the time. Older, but more powerful. Always a special feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
that sagging is an eye sore on highways. spoils the entire look of the car.
So true! A Civic with three passengers on the rear seat looks like an aircraft ready for take off.

Psycho's already dropped me a very comprehensive note on all possible mods for the Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
got 1.8V MT June 2008 model - same white colour

i picked it up around feb 2009 for 10.4Lacs and now i have completed 28000KMS in last 1 year..
Not bad. You got an 8 month old car for 3.5 lakhs less. A deal if I ever saw one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
But why would you like to mod the car? I think Civic is fun to drive in its basic form.
Wake up : You are on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Congrats GTO. Any idea why the first owner sold the car? He's obviously lost quite a bit of money on this deal so I'm curious.
None of my business. If I educated him, he might as well have decided to retain the car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Its an awesome buy but I still miss my RS. As mine is an AT it makes a whole load of sense in the city but sometimes in the highway it does not feel as planted as say a RS. The RS would be good to go till about 200 but the civic doesnt feel as powerful or meaty(hope am making sense here). My RS was a monster but the civic is a suave yet sporty animal. Am sure a remap and suspension stiffening would make a whole load of difference.
An RS was also considered. But, I needed a very reliable daily driver. Euros simply cannot match the Japs in long term reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Brilliant brilliant deal. Looking forward to the mods now
I've been looking up your older posts very closely. Got a couple of Qs on that suspension mod in your Civic. Will bring it up when I'm ready to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
But after this I will surely buy second Civic or Laura TSI for sure if I can not make money for the new one!!
Good news is, european petrols depreciate like stink. Expect similar deals on the Laura TSI as we see on the Skoda RS today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
I've been using the civic for quite some time now, and I have a lot of admiration for that car.

And the steering on the civic is just FANTASTIC..Thick and chunky, while at the same time small.. and very good feedback.. I have an i20 with the superlight EPS, but I'd take the civic hydraulic any day over it..

To put it in a different way, the i20 steering is what I would use to park, while the civic steering is what I would use to drive.
Do we have a long-term ownership report from you yet?

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2010 at 18:47.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:56   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Psycho's already dropped me a very comprehensive note on all possible mods for the Civic.
Please share this with us

this thread surely is going to make prices of used Civics go up
Get those headlighst smoked like the new version civic!
Old 10th March 2010, 19:52   #110
BHPian

Congrats GTO! Good deal indeed!
Old 10th March 2010, 20:13   #111
BHPian

Splendid deal GTO. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I am risking a prediction.

Lots of TBHPians looking to purchase a new car are going to consider buying a higher segment used car. When the highly respected super admin has made such a move, it definitely is going to have an impact on TBHP.
Yes! This has been a sort of an eyeopener. Will consider such cars next time with . 8l was a budget but i settled for a smaller car. Moreover it is used very sparingly and adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
But I am amazed at the choices available in Mumbai. Not so the case in Bangalore. Its very hard to find a well maintained decent car. More often than not, the buyer ends up making a compromise.
I too agree but also admit that i did not look hard enough because the car I bought appealed instantly as vfm. You see i was using a 800 and a sedan would have been a very big upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Want to put the engine through another 5,000 kms of my driving style before the Race dynamics piggy-back / remap, free flow etc.
Does the above mods increase the low end driveability especially in city traffic? i've no complaints about highway driving on my i10.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:21   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
GTO congratulations on the wonderful acquisition. I was very impressed by your article on Pre Owned cars and with this there is nothing that is going to make me buy a new car (whenever I do next thanks to your other advise on hanging on to your cars for a long time)
Thank you

Quote:
BTW how about a little more detail on Auto Terrace ? I never paid attention to it before but it suddenly feels like great VFM.
Usual, just like the pre-owned divisions of other brands. They buy used Hondas (from the market, and especially customers that trade-in), put the cars through a stringent check, refurbish them and then resell for a profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
Thanks for not picking up purple
No offence to those who own purple cars, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Please share this with us
But of course! I'm going to add my own research to that and will create a new detailed step-by-step thread. Also, expect a dyno run after EACH modification to illustrate just how much (if at all) BHP that performance part brings to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Does the above mods increase the low end driveability especially in city traffic? i've no complaints about highway driving on my i10.
The Race Dynamics box + remaps have lots of potential for customisation. You can specify exactly where you want more power (i.e. low, mid, top-end). Plus, you can also custom-design headers for exactly the purpose. Look up what a simple pair of high quality headers did to my Vtec here. Flat torque curve and amazing driveability.

Do look up threads on the i10s (kappa?) lack of low end torque. I believe solutions have been often suggested.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:38   #113
BHPian

The Civic looks fab GTO, simply fab! Congrats. Super bang for buck too. Couple this with some nice looking, dark colored alloys, and it's going to be a head turner - but you have figured this out already, haven't you?

PS - I too am a preacher of buying used cars. You never know what gem you may stumble upon.

Congrats again.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:40   #114
BHPian

Hello GTO, you sure got a beautiful ride. Stunner to the core! Do you think its possible to find a similar deal in Bangalore for a Civic? Is it better to deal with authorized Honda dealers, private dealers or individuals themselves. Also if you happen to know any trust worthy car dealer who can help out, do you mind forwarding his contact? I am looking to upgrade to a used car and the Civic is high on my list
Old 10th March 2010, 20:46   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Race Dynamics box + remaps have lots of potential for customisation. You can specify exactly where you want more power (i.e. low, mid, top-end). Plus, you can also custom-design headers for exactly the purpose. Look up what a simple pair of high quality headers did to my Vtec here. Flat torque curve and amazing driveability.

Do look up threads on the i10s (kappa?) lack of low end torque. I believe solutions have been often suggested.
R18's headers are integrated into the head, so you do not have aftermarket options there.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:47   #116
BHPian

Quote:
as far as i know you cant fit headers on civic.
Old 10th March 2010, 20:53   #117
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! That car looks great. Killer deal you got there.

psst - main chalaon happened already ?
Old 10th March 2010, 20:57   #118
BHPian

Well dude..your article (ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less)) gave me sleepless months and made me visit classifieds section of team-bhp and carwale.com almost daily.
All the time dreaming about owning an used baleno or VTEC or even corolla...

Very recently woke up and realised that i own a 3 year old Indica xeta with just 15000kms on the odo and i should forget about buying these cars..

Now seeing your sweet deal/steal,i would go back to my dreaming world all over again.

Congrats GTO.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:06   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
None of my business. If I educated him, he might as well have decided to retain the car!!
how true! Congratulations on a great VFM buy. Wishing you many thousands of km of absolute fun.
Old 10th March 2010, 21:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

I'm not that rich a guy to buy a Civic, but when I saw it, it was love at first sight. I closed my eyes, saved up mega bucks and bought her. Haven't regretted one moment of it in the last 3 yrs. Now you go and buy the same car for less than an ANHC !!!

My warranty is up. So I'm gonna be watching all the mods you do and see if I can do the same. Why waste time in researching when I can follow the leader!!!

I'm not sure on the Civic's brakes though. Its great, stops neatly and all that.. but it doesn't have feel or proper play if you know what I mean. Maybe its because I have an AT and that's the reason I feel it more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks