Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 23:26   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have tried everything from the seat locks to the parcel tray to the doors. Three different people have sat behind and tried to figure out where the sound is coming from. No Luck Yet.
I had a strange noise coming from my Fiesta as well. It was diagonised to some in the hand brake cable. Ask your service person to check the cable and also the rear suspension.

Last edited by kiku007 : 15th May 2010 at 23:29.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have tried everything from the seat locks to the parcel tray to the doors. Three different people have sat behind and tried to figure out where the sound is coming from. No Luck Yet.
Gemithomas, Have you check if the spare wheel is sitting properly and tightly?
Old 17th May 2010, 17:10   #138
RGK
Senior - BHPian

+1 jack & its lever position also
Old 17th May 2010, 17:44   #139
BHPian

As per Mustang, the noise could be from suspension springs at the back. He says it will go off after some time once car runs for a few months, now it could be due to the "new" factor" :-)

I haven't heard this noise during the last Sunday's long drive. May be the springs have already settled in !

Now I crossed 2K mark with the 450 KM drive this Sunday from Kerala to Bangalore. I took the Palghat - Coimbatore - Salem - Dharmapuri - Hosur - Bangalore highway route and it was a very good experience. I have started unleashing the horses, still tried to limit myself from crossing 3K RPM. On the good toll roads, 120 KMPH is very comfortable speed at this RPM. The car feels very steady giving lot of confidence to driver. Breaking too is good. On one occasion while I was about to overtake a truck through right lane, suddenly the truck guys started moving to right lane causing some sort of panic breaking for me. The car handled pretty well, so I guess the extra money I paid for ABS is worth every penny.

Overall mileage during this highway drive came close to 17 KMPL. I guess it is very good, considering that I was driving at 120 KMPH during many stretches for long time. I plan to take the baby for first service by next week, exactly when I will touch 2500 KM. When I asked showroom guys about oil change at first service, they were saying like it is not needed..Only at 10K it has to be changed. Well, why should they resists if I insist ? I am paying for the consumables anyway. Or is it a time taking task for them to change oil, that's why the resistance ?

Both the front mud guards have broken or come off. The right one teared off, it was hitting a bump every time I take my car to my home in Kerala. Left one also was hitting and then it just fell down, not broken. Do we have option of buying single pieces or it comes as a set of 4 only ? Then it will be a waste of money for me :-(
I guess the flexible ones are better at front, even it hits a bump, it won't break or tear off. Suitable ones are available in aftermarket ? Anyone changed yet ?

Last edited by Revy : 17th May 2010 at 17:46.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Gemithomas, Have you check if the spare wheel is sitting properly and tightly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
+1 jack & its lever position also
Will check that out and get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Overall mileage during this highway drive came close to 17 KMPL. I guess it is very good, considering that I was driving at 120 KMPH during many stretches for long time. I plan to take the baby for first service by next week, exactly when I will touch 2500 KM. When I asked showroom guys about oil change at first service, they were saying like it is not needed..Only at 10K it has to be changed. Well, why should they resists if I insist ? I am paying for the consumables anyway. Or is it a time taking task for them to change oil, that's why the resistance ?

Both the front mud guards have broken or come off. The right one teared off, it was hitting a bump every time I take my car to my home in Kerala. Left one also was hitting and then it just fell down, not broken. Do we have option of buying single pieces or it comes as a set of 4 only ? Then it will be a waste of money for me :-(
I had my oil changed during the 2500km service. I think the manual asks for a oil change. Just go through your ownership manual.

I have been running without front mud flaps from the second week of fitting it. THough it feels bad to see all that dirt splashing on the paint due to absence of mudflap i did not want o spend money for something that i am sure will break again. Also these people are not willing to sell them in pairs. I jsut dont understand why they want me to buy 4 flaps when i need two. Of course i can to some extent agree with saying they sell only in pairs but saying they will sell all four together seems like robbery to me.

Mustang: Could you do any help on this mudflap breaking off issue.

Revy: Please do send in a mail to customer care on the mud flap. Let them be aware of the issue that we are facing. Thats the only way we can get some help atleast in the long run.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:57   #141
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I think it is mud flaps. Single or two pieces will be available in local market after some time and not now.Till monsoon season, i think you can manage without mudflaps. But make sure to clean the platforms (running board) below all the doors free from mud and dust.
Old 18th May 2010, 11:08   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Will check that out and get back.

I had my oil changed during the 2500km service. I think the manual asks for a oil change. Just go through your ownership manual.

I have been running without front mud flaps from the second week of fitting it. THough it feels bad to see all that dirt splashing on the paint due to absence of mudflap i did not want o spend money for something that i am sure will break again. Also these people are not willing to sell them in pairs. I jsut dont understand why they want me to buy 4 flaps when i need two. Of course i can to some extent agree with saying they sell only in pairs but saying they will sell all four together seems like robbery to me.

Mustang: Could you do any help on this mudflap breaking off issue.

Gemi first i want to clear 2 things:

1) Mudflaps are available in pairs, either the front ones or the rear ones
2) i saw bhagat ford people yesterday mudding mudflaps on my car & in several figos, Other dealers put a kind of locking mechanism type of thing to fasten the mudflaps wheras the bhagat ford guys screw the mudflaps on the car & i am definitely sure that it does not break then, as i can see in my 8 year old ikon.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

Mustang. That is not what my dealer says.They say i would have to pay around Rs.650 for all four mud flaps. And its not an issue with fixing it. The long wheelbase combined with the not so great ground clearance combined with the length of the front flaps makes the flaps touch the ground on uneven roads. The not so flexible nature of the flaps create stress that leads to breakage. I have checked the Fiesta Flaps. They have a lower part that is much more flexible and a much harder part above where it gets fixed to the wheel arch.

Please help me out on what i need to do to get them in pairs atleast. Also what do i do with them asking Rs.1300 for the front chrome strips. Is there any way i can get access to a ford approved price list. I'm sure with the One Ford Mantra there would be something like this.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:12   #144
BANNED

Quote:
Mustang. That is not what my dealer says.They say i would have to pay around Rs.650 for all four mud flaps. And its not an issue with fixing it. The long wheelbase combined with the not so great ground clearance combined with the length of the front flaps makes the flaps touch the ground on uneven roads. The not so flexible nature of the flaps create stress that leads to breakage. I have checked the Fiesta Flaps. They have a lower part that is much more flexible and a much harder part above where it gets fixed to the wheel arch.

Please help me out on what i need to do to get them in pairs atleast. Also what do i do with them asking Rs.1300 for the front chrome strips. Is there any way i can get access to a ford approved price list. I'm sure with the One Ford Mantra there would be something like this.

Accessory prices do differ slightly from state to state so getting a common price list is not possible.

I cant help you on this front but i advise you call up the nearest ford dealer in another city, get the accessories ready with him, plan a road trip to that locations & get the accessories fixed.

This way you get to drive your car more & also get the accessories done up.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas,

I posted the same sometime back too.

This is the price I got

Fog Lamps - 4500
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille - 425
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip - 800 - (black) 2100 - (body color) 3600 - (chrome)

Did anyone get their boot mats?? Metro ford keeps telling me that the boot mat isn't in stock yet! Its been 2 months and still no boot mat?
Old 18th May 2010, 18:26   #146
BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure with the One Ford Mantra there would be something like this.
That was awesome. One Team, One Plan, One Goal - but different price lists.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:35   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Accessory prices do differ slightly from state to state so getting a common price list is not possible.

I cant help you on this front but i advise you call up the nearest ford dealer in another city, get the accessories ready with him, plan a road trip to that locations & get the accessories fixed.

This way you get to drive your car more & also get the accessories done up.:
Thanks Mustang. I do understand.

Quote:
gemithomas,

I posted the same sometime back too.

This is the price I got

Fog Lamps - 4500
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille - 425
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip - 800 - (black) 2100 - (body color) 3600 - (chrome)

Did anyone get their boot mats?? Metro ford keeps telling me that the boot mat isn't in stock yet! Its been 2 months and still no boot mat?
No boot mats for me too. THe last thing i want to hear is that "there are no boot mats being given on the Figo." just like the 4th year warranty i paid for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
That was awesome. One Team, One Plan, One Goal - but different price lists.
Actually i expected that. BUt never expected it to three times!!. I mean something costing 425 cant be sold for 1300 here!!! And if it is i'd better not have it. Period.

Last edited by gemithomas : 18th May 2010 at 18:38.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:41   #148
BHPian

Even I'm waiting for it. And the USB Aux adapter too.

Quote:
gemithomas,
Old 18th May 2010, 19:12   #149
BHPian

Regarding spare mud flaps, I haven't checked with Lahtangi Ford yet. Most likely, they too will be selling as a set of 4 only ! As gemi told, the front ones unlikely to last long, especially when you drive on some village roads with big and uneven bumps.
Old 20th May 2010, 18:14   #150
BHPian

These days, Bangalore get a lot of evening rains. Very happy with rain driving, especially at night in my Figo ! The great overall view that Figo provides, is a big boon in rain driving at night. And the front wipers do a good job. My only issue is that the speed 1 on the wiper itself is a bit faster for me in drizzling conditions. I think the speed can be programmed, read it in the manual. Anyone tried that yet ? Generally I am not very good in doing these kind of things, especially reading the manual and following all those instructions. ( like click this button twice, that button thrice, wait for some time blah blah).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks