Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 17:19   #166
BHPian

Gave my car for first service today. On the brink of crossing 2500, so didn't delay it any further. Already got a taste of Ford service at Lathangi which is not very organized. Can't even compare with the Maruti experience. I have asked to change engine oil and filter, no other major issues to check. Mentioned about the occasional squeak sound from rear, they told it could be from the spare wheel assembly. Let me see if they claim they have fixed something to prevent this.

They were more keen on hard selling the 3M under body treatment (Rs. 2833) and paint protection (Rs. 3150). I am not keen on the latter, but may do the under body treatment before monsoon set in Bangalore. Anyone has done it ? Really worth the money spent ? I hope to pick up my car in another 1 hour, will post my experiences. Already some confusing calls from service people - one guy called at 3 PM to day that my car is ready ! I call around 4:30 to confirm that, but then they are not sure. Promised to call me back and as expected, no call yet.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:35   #167
BHPian

@ revy I did the paint body protection and underbody coating. I paid 3700 and 3200 for the 2 respectively. The paintprotection comes with 2 free coupons to get the paint protection done 2 more time within the year end. Check the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-report.html

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 1st June 2010 at 17:37.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:58   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
BTW, have you received your NFP (extended warranty) from Ford ? Am yet to hear about anybody who brought from Lathangi who has received one. How do you think any warranty replacements will happen during first servcie without NFP ?

I had the same problemw ith my extended warranty and the dealier did not have a clue as to when i would receive it. I called up Ford directly at 1800 425 2500 (toll free) / also emailed them at custmail@ford.com (taken from Ford website) and then i received my warranty document. It does comes directly from Ford.

Till such time you get the warranty doc, for any free replacements, your invoice given by the dealer is more than sufficient.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:04   #169
BHPian

Got my car back around 6 PM yesterday. Didn't not have much waiting like in the morning when I left it there. It was ready, cleaned well inside and out. About mud flaps, they sell only a set of 4. So I didn't replace the front mud flaps, will need to look for the after market ones. I will prefer the flexible ones, if I fit the same type provided by Ford, I am sure they too will break/tear very soon.

The first service cost was Rs 1286 for me for the consumables. They changes engine oil, filter and wiper wash pouch. I don't feel much difference after service, it is almost the same. Hey, I really hate these service guys changing my driver seat position.

Looks like the guys at work shop has used my car as resting place with AC on for a long time during afternoon. The ODO showed 6 km running, which is fine for any test drive. But the DTE drastically came down to 55, it was about 120 when I gave it ! Well they would claim that a lot of "idling" was needed to check things. I guess it was the "rest in the car with AC and music on", as I found that even my favorite settings for FM were changed. I guess this is common at service places. Heard of even siphoning off fuel, don't know what is happening with Lathangi Ford.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:27   #170
BHPian

The experience was the same for me also. The DTE really dropped after service.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:51   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
The experience was the same for me also. The DTE really dropped after service.
Oh is it ? I think it is common across service stations..But with Maruthi service, I never had this kind of issues. They were more organized and punctual. Now that Ford dealers will struggle to handle Figo volumes, they will have to work extra hard to turn around the poor image !
Old 2nd June 2010, 21:44   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Got my car back around 6 PM yesterday. Didn't not have much waiting like in the morning when I left it there. It was ready, cleaned well inside and out. About mud flaps, they sell only a set of 4. So I didn't replace the front mud flaps, will need to look for the after market ones. I will prefer the flexible ones, if I fit the same type provided by Ford, I am sure they too will break/tear very soon.

The first service cost was Rs 1286 for me for the consumables. They changes engine oil, filter and wiper wash pouch. I don't feel much difference after service, it is almost the same. Hey, I really hate these service guys changing my driver seat position.

Looks like the guys at work shop has used my car as resting place with AC on for a long time during afternoon. The ODO showed 6 km running, which is fine for any test drive. But the DTE drastically came down to 55, it was about 120 when I gave it ! Well they would claim that a lot of "idling" was needed to check things. I guess it was the "rest in the car with AC and music on", as I found that even my favorite settings for FM were changed. I guess this is common at service places. Heard of even siphoning off fuel, don't know what is happening with Lathangi Ford.
Congrats on first service. Well remember last week when I left my car overnight for the thermostat issue, my audio setting were completely changed. I attributed vthat to some audio reset since they had opened my dashboard to fix the issue. However had left with full tank and there was no change in level next day. However am sure at maruti's there would be at least 1 lt less fuel at the end post service so it should be fine.

3M or Vaxoyl underbody treatment -- yeah Even Maruti sold me that and am not sure of its usage worth - however 100% proved it doesn't add any value to car valuation while selling it. Have you seen Mandovi selling those turbo fan which increases milage ? Trust me its the same at all A.S.S. Atleast for underbody treatment (including concorde/TATA/Mysire Rd) I can vouch for my experience. My 800 has seen servcie from multiple Mandovi branches in bgl and other A.S.S in karnataka.(having said that I still think Mandovi wilson garden is top class servcie centre)

Reg. Paint protection am not sure as I think maruti dealers sell is different product.

So don't worry too much, do check for engine oil level/color in morning once and enjoy your car.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 2nd June 2010 at 21:51.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:14   #173
Senior - BHPian

Revvy,
Congrats on your first service. You bing a previous Maruti Suzuki owner wont be happy with Ford's @SS.
My car is due for service this month end. I will ask for an oil change and oil filter change.
Did you ask them to repair any of the scratchs?

Revvy,
IMO the 3M under body treatment and paint protection is really a waste of money. I wouldn't do any of this unless they offer it for free!
If you want to protect your paint then I suggest you wax your car once a month with carnauba wax. (formula 1 car wax)
This protects the clear coat and leaves the car shining like new for many years.
Old 3rd June 2010, 21:17   #174
BHPian

I asked them to "rub" some of the minor scratches, but I didn't really see any change after service ! Below the left tail lamp, there are some real scratches and they told it needs paint work. So I let it, as it is not an eye sore. Or should I say I want to keep it like to ward off evil eyes ? ;-)

Yes, I decided against all those 3M treatments. Not worth the money, I guess. And as ownerofazakban mentioned, it adds zero value to your car while reselling ! For that matter, I have seen the used car dealers saying that no added value for alloys and we can take it back if wanted and give car with standard wheel cups. That's good ploy, who would want to remove alloys which are few years old ? The the dealer will charge premium to customer while they resell.

I was expecting the car to get "smoother" after first service..But no noticeable change. May be it is difficult to feel any difference in the stop start driving in Bangalore. Would wait for the next highway trip. Oh yes, I am too eager to hit highways, need to see how far I can push the TDCi :-)
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:00   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Revvy,
IMO the 3M under body treatment and paint protection is really a waste of money. I wouldn't do any of this unless they offer it for free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Yes, I decided against all those 3M treatments. Not worth the money, I guess. And as ownerofazakban mentioned, it adds zero value to your car while reselling !
Guys, why do you say the under-body treatment isn't worth it?

I live in Goa where metal is susceptible to more corrosion so will it make a difference for me if i go for this treatment? It costs Rs. 3,950 and was included in the package while booking my diesel EXi. I can still opt out of it though.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:44   #176
BHPian

Because its a very debatable point and no one has reached a conclusion.

Also depends on your budget. And it needs to be done professionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
It costs Rs. 3,950 and was included in the package while booking my diesel EXi. I can still opt out of it though.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:38   #177
BHPian

Looks like FE has improved after first service ! Going by the DTE figures, it is about 16 KMPL which is very good in Bangalore city traffic. Don't know, the DTE figures sometimes fall drastically towards the end. So I need to do the conventional "tank to tank" method to confirm this.
Old 9th June 2010, 22:51   #178
Senior - BHPian

Did you change your driving style? Do confirm after tank fill. In my case the DTE tends to be accurate only during the last 150km range.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:49   #179
BHPian

If it's 16 kmpl then the figo will sell more, it's already selling like hotcakes!
But I do think the figo will look good with alloys because it's got a nice low stance unlike some hatches.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:31   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Did you change your driving style? Do confirm after tank fill. In my case the DTE tends to be accurate only during the last 150km range.
No change in driving style. My main usage is the office trip everyday. Regular route is about 13 KM which is very congested due to 3 fly over constructions on the way. So these days I take an alternate route which is 16 KM one way, but have many stretches of free road. May be that's really making a difference ! Here is the DTE method calculation.

DTE was at 55 when I filled in 25 liters of Diesel. Immediately, the DTE jumped to 497. So I get an extra of 422 KM for the 25 liters and the FE is 16.88. But then this initial figure tend to drop after some slow traffic running in city. After about 200 KM of running, the DTE calculation method shows about 400 KM for the 25 liters I added. (212 KM already run after refill, still DTE showing 245. So 212 + 245 - 55 = 402) That's why I felt I am getting 16 now.

Last edited by Revy : 10th June 2010 at 16:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks