Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2010, 23:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
To prevent the door from accidental scratch against a wall when opened the door
He is asking about the rheostat thingy! Re-read.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:04   #47
BHPian

By far the best diesel engine for a hatch!!! Having driven the Verna for the past 3 years, i found this engine to be more mature...
Old 19th September 2010, 19:37   #48
BHPian

Rheostat is used to control the intensity of the headlights IIRC
Old 19th September 2010, 19:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Rheostat is used to control the intensity of the headlights IIRC
I think its for intensity of the interior lights...the ones in the dash
Old 20th September 2010, 13:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I think its for intensity of the interior lights...the ones in the dash
Spyking, Abhij
Rheostat is used to control the intensity of the dash board illumination.
It helps in night drives, mostly.

I have started using a Fuel Tracker sheet as below, any improvements, comments welcome.
i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review-fule-tracker.jpg

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th September 2010 at 14:31. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 27th September 2010, 19:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

Did you have an opportunity to test the A** yet? I have never experienced this at Hyundai, so would like to know if this is acceptable.

Also, the XLS you have used seems to have good utility. I would be interested in using a similar one, just that I am too lazy to build it myself. If you are OK, is there any way you can share it?

PS I have been looking at all cars (ranging from Swift Dzire to Linea/ Vento) but looks like I am going to go for the i20 crdi..
I dont think it is availabel with the sunroof (not really complaining!), but do you know if any other features are missing now?

Cheers
Old 28th September 2010, 15:25   #52
BHPian

Hey classicselva,
Congratulations on buying an i20, and its good to hear that you're enjoying your new car.
I'm also planning to buy a small affordable diesel car, and am looking at the i20 Asta, Swift Dezire ZDI and Punto 90BHP, so any updates about your experiences will be a great help.

On a side note, I was wondering, only if you don't mind that is, if you could share the template used for making your MS Excel Fuel Tracker, or the excel file itself, so I and other members could use it for our cars.
It looks very well made, and an extremely useful tool for all car owners.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could somehow share the format with myself and other members as well.
Thank You

- KadanaJ
Old 28th September 2010, 21:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Did you have an opportunity to test the A** yet? I have never experienced this at Hyundai, so would like to know if this is acceptable.

Also, the XLS you have used seems to have good utility. I would be interested in using a similar one, just that I am too lazy to build it myself. If you are OK, is there any way you can share it?

PS I have been looking at all cars (ranging from Swift Dzire to Linea/ Vento) but looks like I am going to go for the i20 crdi..
I dont think it is availabel with the sunroof (not really complaining!), but do you know if any other features are missing now?

Cheers
*** is only next to Maruti with my experiance of Maruti and Hyundai cars. Also it differs majorly on the experiance (Maturity) of the ***. My say, do not go for new showrooms. I have faced my issues with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Hey classicselva,
Congratulations on buying an i20, and its good to hear that you're enjoying your new car.
I'm also planning to buy a small affordable diesel car, and am looking at the i20 Asta, Swift Dezire ZDI and Punto 90BHP, so any updates about your experiences will be a great help.

On a side note, I was wondering, only if you don't mind that is, if you could share the template used for making your MS Excel Fuel Tracker, or the excel file itself, so I and other members could use it for our cars.
It looks very well made, and an extremely useful tool for all car owners.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could somehow share the format with myself and other members as well.
Thank You

- KadanaJ
Thanks Kadanaj, I booked Swift Dzire ZDI and cancelled after test driving i20 CRDi. You need to experiance that. I test drove Punto (not the 90 BHP) still i stayed out due to very bad *** of Tata (Still i work for Tata)

Attached the tracker for all of our team to use it. Let me know of any help required.

Fuel Tracking (97-2003 version).xls
Fuel Tracking.xlsx
Old 28th September 2010, 22:42   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Attached the tracker for all of our team to use it. Let me know of any help required.
Thanks classicselva, the excelsheet would of great use for keeping a track of the fuel expenditure. BTW, you own a great car and nice mods! Wish you many many happy miles with your ride
Old 29th September 2010, 13:59   #55
BHPian

Thanks classicselva, the Fuel Tracker excel sheet is brilliant.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:54   #56
BHPian

Hey, have you faced any issues with the steering rack such as rattling or any unusual suspension noise?
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up one year of ownership

Last edited by kadanaJ : 29th September 2010 at 20:57.
Old 30th September 2010, 18:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Hey, have you faced any issues with the steering rack such as rattling or any unusual suspension noise?
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta - A rattled up one year of ownership
Not. Wish me not to get one
Old 1st October 2010, 00:56   #58
BHPian

@classicselva: It is indeed a cool ride. One question - Does Sportz(O) come with a ICE unit, or have you got it fitted from somewhere else??

By the way, that was an excellent fuel tracker that you have uploaded. I am sure it'll be used by several fellow T-BHPians....

Congrats once again on your new ride!!!!!
Old 1st October 2010, 18:32   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
@classicselva: It is indeed a cool ride. One question - Does Sportz(O) come with a ICE unit, or have you got it fitted from somewhere else??

By the way, that was an excellent fuel tracker that you have uploaded. I am sure it'll be used by several fellow T-BHPians....

Congrats once again on your new ride!!!!!
Thanks Kiran. Sportz (O) model comes with the ICE with USB and Aux port.
Old 2nd October 2010, 02:40   #60
BHPian

Thanks classicselva for the sheet & such an enthusiastic review.

Wish me luck as i am also on the verge of finalizing between i20 asta crdi or GP MJD 90 Hp after a final test drive with my parents tomorrow, as they have to be comfortable in the rear. thats one sure deciding factor.

On quick question. I observed from the sheet that your daily running is not more than 60-80 Km. Does the diesel still work out as a better option. Even my running is not going to be as high as that. Do you feel i should stick to 1.2 kappa or 1.4 GP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks