Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 11:20   #106
BHPian

Re: i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
These fellows are shamelessly telling lies!!!

The issue has existed in the car since it was launched. Every year, they claimed that subsequent year's models do not have this issue. Every time, it was proved to be lie.

Unless they change the steering system drastically in the supposed 2012 facelifted model, the same issue will get carried over to that model as well.
I just came across this article:
Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems - Economic Times

Hyundai claims to have fixed the issues related to steering rattle and poor AC. The article dates back to 2010. I hope the 2012 facelift model doesn't carry these issues with it.
Old 15th December 2011, 22:27   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I just came across this article:
Hyundai offers solution to i20's AC and rattle problems - Economic Times

Hyundai claims to have fixed the issues related to steering rattle and poor AC. The article dates back to 2010. I hope the 2012 facelift model doesn't carry these issues with it.

Hello Praveen

Check this is out if in case the problem should have beeen rectified on all the model as mentioned in the link.

Hope you would have seen this URL.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...se-issues.html
Old 16th December 2011, 08:51   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post

There is a huge difference between them claiming that the problems have been solved perception and reality. Hyundai has been claiming that for three years, yet the steering problem keep on resurfacing.

Hyundai's behaviour regarding this issue is very much like an ostrich, which buries its head in sand on seeing a predator. Foolishly hoping that predator would not see it would go away. Statements from their staff like, "customer hears things". "it is a mental block, sir", "what noise? I don't hear any rattle", "customer is a bad driver and does not maintain his car well", only makes things worse. It never occurs to them that the damn car built by them is at fault, not the customer!!!

The very fact that I was forced to go to to court because of the recurring steering issues in my car probably should give a hint that the issue still persists in the car. Hyundai has failed to solve it till date.
Old 16th December 2011, 18:17   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
There is a huge difference between them claiming that the problems have been solved perception and reality. Hyundai has been claiming that for three years, yet the steering problem keep on resurfacing.

Statements from their staff like, "customer hears things". "it is a mental block, sir", "what noise? I don't hear any rattle", "customer is a bad driver and does not maintain his car well", only makes things worse. It never occurs to them that the damn car built by them is at fault, not the customer!!!

The very fact that I was forced to go to to court because of the recurring steering issues in my car probably should give a hint that the issue still persists in the car. Hyundai has failed to solve it till date.
This is true mate. Before purchasing my new car i had gone to many Hyundai dealerships. But they were reluctant to even offer the car for test drives. When i asked them that i want to see a new car, they were showing such a laid back attitude. The facial expressions were like "O god, i am really fedup with these pathetic creatures called "customers". why do they walk into the showrooms at all." i somehow never felt comfortable with Hyundai motors as a brand and had a gut feel that i will never be happy if i buy a hyundai product. Wheras, i felt an instantaneous energy whenever i walked into any of the Japanese or american car showroom. The attitude of sales guys was so positive. Similarly, the attitude of service advisors is so positive. They always seem more than eager to identify & solve the problems in one single shot itself. They will never come back to you and complain regarding the way the car has been driven.

On a strictly personal note, i feel that the customer has paid the money for a car that he wants to drive his way and not the way a company wants him to. Modern day technologies should be able to sustain abuse upto a certain extent.
Old 26th January 2012, 17:35   #110

I purchased i20 sportz a week back (21jan2012). I have these issues and need to clarify will bhpians whether this is normal to all i20...

1. on the rear(60:40) seat, in split 40 proportion im hearing a thud sound whenever i lean back (ie sounds like a poor hollow plastic when pushed back will give a banged cardboard sound sort of...) where as 60 proportion is very strong and im not hearing any noise...

2. Breaks are hard like normal drum brakes (I had santro before and the brakes will be very sharp and smooth)

3. Doors are not getting locked automatically after I start the engine.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:20   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danychris View Post
I purchased i20 sportz a week back (21jan2012). I have these issues and need to clarify will bhpians whether this is normal to all i20...

1. on the rear(60:40) seat, in split 40 proportion im hearing a thud sound whenever i lean back (ie sounds like a poor hollow plastic when pushed back will give a banged cardboard sound sort of...) where as 60 proportion is very strong and im not hearing any noise...

2. Breaks are hard like normal drum brakes (I had santro before and the brakes will be very sharp and smooth)

3. Doors are not getting locked automatically after I start the engine.
Congratulations on the new buy. Looking forward for a detailed initial ownership report with loads of pictures.

Regarding your issues:
1. Facing the sound issue in my 40 split portion. It comes from somewhere in the middle part of the seat. Had complained to SA during second service. Nothing done. I forgot to check it after I collected the car from service . It easily irritates the person sitting at that part of the seat. I don't think its present in all i20s as I haven't seen anyone complaining about this in Team-BHP. Please report the issue to your SA during the first service.

2. My brakes are excellent (Its a Sportz variant without ABS).

3. You need to get the automatic door lock activated from the service center during the first service which will be done for free of charge. It gets locked once you cross 40 kmph but not as soon as you start the engine.

You may also face the following issues but need not worry as its common in all i20s:
1. A loud thud can be heard from the left front tyre portion whenever you hit a pothole or speed breaker hard. You may feel that some part of the car is detached by hearing the sound. Do not worry about it. It comes from the suspension.

2. The front passenger can unlock the doors that have been locked by the driver.

Is it a petrol or diesel? How is the performance of AC? Can you please comment on the pulling capacity of the car once the AC is ON with 4-5 people on board? You can check the actual performance of the AC as you are staying in Chennai.

I don't think you may face any other issues other than these and you'll absolutely love the car. Have many more happy miles with it and hope the steering rattling doesn't make an appearance in future.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 26th January 2012 at 21:34.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 21:38   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Congratulations on the new buy. Looking forward for a detailed initial ownership report with loads of pictures.

I don't think you may face any other issues other than these and you'll absolutely love the car. Have many more happy miles with it and hope the steering rattling doesn't make an appearance in future.

1. Regarding seat thud noise, I showed it to my sales exec and he was also wondering about the problem. At that time Hyundai driver came and enquired about the problem, when I showed and explained about the problem he gave 3 heavy blows to the seat and the thud sound stopped coming. He said since its a new car the metal inside the seat is not properly curved. So when gave the blow it went inside.

2. Regarding the brakes, I showed to my sales exec he said it normal. But still I'm not satisfied. Planning to test ride other Sportz i20 in the service center.

3. Regarding AC perfomance, it is very good in the front but my mom complained she is not getting any AC in the rear seats.

4. Regarding power, I have Diesel i20 and haven't tested for power as my sales exec asked me to maintain 60 kmph till the first service or 1500 kms.

5. Regarding pics, I have got paint treatment from 3M care from Chennai. Will post the pics soon.
Old 28th January 2012, 06:50   #113
BHPian

I too bought the i20 sportz diesel variant in november 2011.Must say have been enjoying the car ever since.Only issue I have is the loud thud sounds from the suspension.First time it happened I thought the suspension broke off .Other than that everything is good.
Love the features.And the power is mind boggling after it reaches 2k rpm.Till then it feels like alto.
Old 28th January 2012, 19:30   #114
BHPian

Im getting a good experience with my car till now. Its been 6 months now.
Even I had an experience of a loud sound from the Left Rear area. The sound was so Loud that I got afraid while driving. I thought Some kid threw a stone at the car or something. When I took the car to a side and checked it there was nothing to be seen.
It happened only once.
Old 18th March 2013, 18:50   #115
BHPian

Need help with key Fob.

I am not a person who plays with key and press with nails, still my key fob got damaged(Rubber cover over the button to press). Please see the picture

i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review-img_20130318_175958.jpg

Any way that I can replace the damaged part alone. Replacing the key is very costly. Atleast a way to replace the shell will help.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Need help with key Fob.

I am not a person who plays with key and press with nails, still my key fob got damaged(Rubber cover over the button to press). Please see the picture

Any way that I can replace the damaged part alone. Replacing the key is very costly. Atleast a way to replace the shell will help.
Yikes that looks ugly. This is what I have always been scared of. Have you tried talking to the service center? How old is the key?

Last edited by Pancham : 18th March 2013 at 19:40.
Old 18th March 2013, 19:56   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Need help with key Fob.

Exactly same problem with my I20 key too!!! Dunno what to do. Maybe we Will have to get a after market flip key assembly
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:20   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yikes that looks ugly. This is what I have always been scared of. Have you tried talking to the service center? How old is the key?
Checked with Service Center.
Answer: The whole key needs replacement.. which will cost 7K. And 7K for this is too much of an ask from Hyundai.

Any pointer on where we can get these after market flip will be of help.
Old 18th March 2013, 21:30   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Answer: The whole key needs replacement.. which will cost 7K. And 7K for this is too much of an ask from Hyundai.

I had seen the same keys (but aftermarket ones) in the team bhp classifieds. Please check if you find these . What I do is use both the keys alternately. The older key has started showing nail-marks already. Mine is close to 2 years old. Please let us know if you find a cheaper way.
Old 20th March 2013, 13:53   #120
BHPian

Quote:

Condition of my key was little worse than this. The rubber cover on one of the button was completely torn apart.

Surprised to read that it needs a key replacement, costing 7k!!!

I have used a cost effective solution for this --- 5 Rs. ka Feviquick!!! Though the key does not look as good as the original, the solution is very very cost effective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks