Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 12:45   #136
BHPian

re: My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A/C filter has not been changed in my car yet. The 20K service cost is without the cost of A/C filter.

Dealer's have been insisting on replacement of A/C filter from the 15K service. However, your 15K service break up does not mention about he A/c Filter.

Do you know how much the filter costs? Is is really Rs.8,000?

Will try and have my accounts guy's dig out the last invoice.
Hi Amit,

Your bills are way too steep, my car crunched 36700k so far (bought in Nov 2009) and find below details in my case

First @ 1000km : 0 INR
Second @ 6000km : 854 INR (Mineral Oil)
Third @ 9850 Km : 2554 INR (Opted Synthetic Oil)
Fourth @ 14840 : 3725 INR (Just for Wheel balancing & Align -> No OIL change since last one was synthetic)
Fifth @ 19311KM : 8442 INR (Break pads have to be replaced- Opted Mineral)
Sixth @ 24758 KM : 2924 INR (Mineral Oil)
Seventh @ 30000 KM : 2175 INR (Mineral Oil)

Iam due my Eigth service, for some un-avoidable reasons Iam unable to leave the car for service as it's allways on use everyday and needed badly at home. I would get it done sometime this weekend.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 27th February 2012 at 12:47. Reason: format
Old 27th February 2012, 15:58   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Fifth @ 19311KM : 8442 INR (Break pads have to be replaced- Opted Mineral)
Brake pads had to be replaced so early? Any particular reason why they wore out so quick?
Old 27th February 2012, 16:16   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Brake pads had to be replaced so early? Any particular reason why they wore out so quick?
Hi libran

I had lot of highways drivings in the 19k mark, not sure if it caused due to hard breaking ocassionally but it started making creaching noise sometimes during cold start and SA suggested to get them replaced so I did.
raghu230506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 19:53   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi libran

I had lot of highways drivings in the 19k mark, not sure if it caused due to hard breaking ocassionally but it started making creaching noise sometimes during cold start and SA suggested to get them replaced so I did.
Just curious - was replacement necessary? Because 19k is just too early and I'm sure every car goes thru' instances of hard braking. I'm not doubting your judgement, wondering if the SA tried to get the pads replaced unnecessarily.

Secondly, in case the replacement happened during warranty period, would the replacement be eligible for a warranty claim?
Old 27th February 2012, 19:57   #140
Senior - BHPian

Replacement of brake pads at 19K KMs and that too of an Honda is not digesting fact. Even if there was some issue the SA may have taken you for a ride if it is replaced at cost.

PS - IMHO city(town) driving causes faster wear and tear as compared to highway driving! - this is just my guess, don't know which one is true.

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th February 2012 at 20:00.
Old 27th February 2012, 21:12   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
A/C filter has not been changed in my car yet. The 20K service cost is without the cost of A/C filter.

Dealer's have been insisting on replacement of A/C filter from the 15K service. However, your 15K service break up does not mention about he A/c Filter.

Do you know how much the filter costs? Is is really Rs.8,000?

Will try and have my accounts guy's dig out the last invoice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Replacement of brake pads at 19K KMs and that too of an Honda is not digesting fact. Even if there was some issue the SA may have taken you for a ride if it is replaced at cost.

PS - IMHO city(town) driving causes faster wear and tear as compared to highway driving! - this is just my guess, don't know which one is true.
Not sure about what caused it, but had an evident noise everytime break was applied. When inspected, SA suggested to get it replaced. I had a look at the old parts, it indeed required a change (ofcourse it can't be guaranteed if that was from my car).

Quote:
Just curious - was replacement necessary? Because 19k is just too early and I'm sure every car goes thru' instances of hard braking. I'm not doubting your judgement, wondering if the SA tried to get the pads replaced unnecessarily.

Secondly, in case the replacement happened during warranty period, would the replacement be eligible for a warranty claim?
That's a good point, didn't strike me at the time to check if it was covered under warranty.
Old 29th February 2012, 10:54   #142
Senior - BHPian

Posting the last service invoice here. The amount is Rs.4190.

My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-honda-service.jpg

A lot of un-necessary labour charges have been charged. Diagnostic vehicle check-up, throttle body cleaning & engine care treatment - these charges were never asked for to be done by us nor the dealer asked for our permission to carry out these things. Not sure if it's listed in the service booklet.

Brake cleaning was an official complaint. I found the brakes lacking in bite and since the car is a A/T, I thought that maybe the pads had worn off.

Moral of the Story: Doesn't matter whether it's Maruti, Honda or Skoda, you have to keep a hawk's eye on your car when it goes in for service.

High service charges at Hallmark was the reason the car was sent to Apex. Unfortunately, Apex turned out to be as disappointing as Hallmark.

PS: Rs.25 for battery check up! Really Apex Honda?!

PS: The model is wrongly mentioned in the invoice as M/T. It's actually A/T.

Last edited by amit : 29th February 2012 at 10:56.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:05   #143
Team-BHP Support

^^ These are some grave issues.

I'll point out all that I find wrong :

1) Battery check up - huh?! That is a part of regular service check up
2) Vehicle check up on HDS - this has never been done for my City
3) Throttle body cleaning - not done yet on my City. Might be due to 25k kms running
4) Engine care treatment - what is this?! not done yet on my City

So, if you look at this, you save ~1.5k straightaway; that gets your bill to ~2.5k which is acceptable as regular servicing for me costs 1900 and you've got the brake pads cleaned.

You *really* need to pursue this with Honda.

And most importantly, your's is a 2008 City; the service schedule for it is 6months/5k kms. Apex Honda is ripping you off by mentioning your next service is due on 7th May '12 when the last servicing was done on 7th Feb. They are asking you to come within 3 months which is actually just for visual check up.

What you should be doing :

1) Service your car only at 5k kms/6 months interval
2) if possible, upload all the previous bills too so we can confirm that you were over-billed each time.
3) contact Honda directly with this and ask them for clarification.
Old 29th February 2012, 18:09   #144
Senior - BHPian

Things like battery checkup, filter cleaning, washing etc are included in the paid service cost i.e. Rs.750 in Amit's case.

I will suggest you to change your service center and send a mail to Honda for clarification.

Engine care treatment looks like some add on which they have added along with engine oil which is never required. Throttle body cleaning at 25K is also not required except if you have some issues.

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th February 2012 at 18:13.
Old 17th June 2012, 13:32   #145
BHPian

Hi

I have been regularly getting my ANHC AT serviced at Hallmark Honda for last 45k kms. I remember they always show me a checklist and explain to me what all needs to be done. They have a column 'Moto Care' for 500 rs or something where they do engine dressing. I have got it done a couple of times but declined a few times as i found no need of it. Also I never allow them for Wheel balancing/ Alignment and filling of Windshield washer liquid( 200 rs). For 150 rs I get an entire bottle of liquid which I can use for over a year.
Old 19th July 2012, 23:55   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtecguy7166 View Post
Hi

I have been regularly getting my ANHC AT serviced at Hallmark Honda for last 45k kms. I remember they always show me a checklist and explain to me what all needs to be done. They have a column 'Moto Care' for 500 rs or something where they do engine dressing. I have got it done a couple of times but declined a few times as i found no need of it. Also I never allow them for Wheel balancing/ Alignment and filling of Windshield washer liquid( 200 rs). For 150 rs I get an entire bottle of liquid which I can use for over a year.
Moto Care? Nothing of this sort by Pearl Honda in Gurgaon.

And Rs. 200 for windshield washing liquid? I was charged Rs. 48 in the last service. I think Hallmark Honda doesn't have its pricing up to the mark :P
Old 25th July 2012, 20:09   #147
Team-BHP Support

Got the 20k servicing of my City done last friday.

Jobs done :

Windscreen wash liquid : Rs. 44.46
Brake oil : Rs. 35.84
Oil Filter : Rs. 199.67
A/c Filter : Rs. 543.78*
Air Filter : Rs. 945.21*
Rust protection : Rs. 113.13
Washer plug drain : Rs. 20.59
Engine oil (mineral) : Rs. 1113.88

Injector cleaning : Rs. 550
Throttle body clean : Rs. 450
Caliper pin greasing (Hand-brake) : Rs. 350

These all are standard jobs for 20k as per manual.

Considering this and labour costs, total bill came to Rs. 6342.
* : the prices of these could be interchanged; job description isn't clear.

Point to note : Honda is pushing hard for 3 month service interval; only engine oil (mineral) to be replaced after 6months.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 21:52   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Jobs done :

Windscreen wash liquid : Rs. 44.46
Brake oil : Rs. 35.84
Oil Filter : Rs. 199.67
A/c Filter : Rs. 543.78*
Air Filter : Rs. 945.21*
Rust protection : Rs. 113.13
Washer plug drain : Rs. 20.59
Engine oil (mineral) : Rs. 1113.88

Injector cleaning : Rs. 550
Throttle body clean : Rs. 450
Caliper pin greasing (Hand-brake) : Rs. 350

These all are standard jobs for 20k as per manual.

Considering this and labour costs, total bill came to Rs. 6342.
Is there a typo in the items in bold as Rust protection @ 113 Rupees/Brake fluid @ 35 Rupees looks very cheap!
Old 25th July 2012, 22:10   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

Point to note : Honda is pushing hard for 3 month service interval; only engine oil (mineral) to be replaced after 6months.
Is your ASC using engine oil given by Honda? I got my 3rd servicing done and saw oil from a company called Idemitsu being used. Didnt enquire much.

Also my car has only done 1500kms in 10months and yet Honda keeps calling for service every 3 months which is annoying. Is getting the vehicle serviced so frequently with so much less running detrimental to its health?

Thanks.

P.s i read through your thread. What was common problem is with the horn. What ive learnt or heard from experience is the horn actually sounds loud enough when one is on the road i.e outside the vehicle. It is inside the vehicle that it appears sort of muted.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 25th July 2012 at 22:13.
Old 25th July 2012, 22:11   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is there a typo in the items in bold as Rust protection @ 113 Rupees/Brake fluid @ 35 Rupees looks very cheap!
Brake oil is just top-up. No typo.

The rust protection is not the rust protection treatment that you generally get done for 5k (3M types).

It just is spraying some anti-rust agent or spray over hinges and areas prone to rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Is your ASC using engine oil given by Honda? I got my 3rd servicing done and saw oil from a company called Idemitsu being used. Didnt enquire much.

Also my car has only done 1500kms in 10months and yet Honda keeps calling for service every 3 months which is annoying. Is getting the vehicle serviced so frequently with so much less running detrimental to its health?

Thanks.
I don't remember the brand.

Yes, the 3 month service interval is extremely irritating.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th July 2012 at 22:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks